***PFS Foundation Fundraiser***

Hello Teen Bizz,

Actually, nobody is talking about elimination. Stop putting words in my mouth. We are talking about encouraging people to donate. We are not talking about significant financial sacrifice. We are talking about a tiny monthly amount.

This is the bystander effect. Everybody wants to pass on the buck to the next guy.

Cheers pvdl and Notna. Forgot to add you before.

Fundraiser Donors

From Solve PFS:

Scotsman
Nopecia
Newton
Anthony
Grey baron
Ruffneck
tiredcoopsies
AC3C
pvdl
Notna

Total so far: $100 per month / $1200 per year / $206 one time donations

I’m sure you won’t be complaining if/when the PFS Foundation’s studies produce an explanation and possible cure for PFS. It’s a fundraising drive in memory of a guy who has tragically died from this condition. Perhaps to find some explanation as to why, and give his relatives and friends some closure. Must say it’s a stretch to find something negative in that. I made it clear from the start that if people can’t afford to donate a few bucks then that’s understandable and no one should be shamed; I understand many people are too sick to work. That said, I’m pretty sure the majority of people here can afford a few bucks a month and choose not to bother. I know this because I was one of them…

$50 added by rs174

Fundraiser Donors

Scotsman
Nopecia
Newton
Anthony
Grey baron
Ruffneck
tiredcoopsies
AC3C
pvdl
Notna
rs174

Total so far: $100 per month / $1200 per year / $256 one time donations

Donated $50 in memory of Douglas today. Contributing to the PFSF is the best thing any of us can do to help end this. Thanks to anyone who donated.

$50 added by Dubya_B
$60 added by an anonymous donor

Fundraiser Donors

Scotsman
Nopecia
Newton
Anthony
Grey baron
Ruffneck
tiredcoopsies
AC3C
pvdl
Notna
rs174
Dubya_B

Total so far: $100 per month / $1200 per year / $366 one time donations

Michael’s funeral was earlier today and his family asked for donations to headspace, an Australian mental health charity. If you’d like to honour his life properly and help explain why he died, plus find a cure, please donate to the PFS Foundation in his memory.

I just did a 20USD donation too, add me in.

Im was already doing a 10USD monthly as well

Hello xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

This email confirms that you have donated $20.00 USD to Post-Finasteride Syndrome Foundation (Donations@PFSFoundation.org) using PayPal.
The exchange rate for this purchase is 1 Euro = 1.07698 U.S. Dollars.
This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as “PAYPAL *PFSF DONATE”.

Donation Details

Confirmation number: 1RY24422TG261551E
Donation amount: $20.00 USD
From Amount: €18.58 EUR
To Amount: $20.00 USD
Exchange Rate: 1 Euro = 1.07698 U.S. Dollars
Purpose: Post-Finasteride Syndrome Foundation
Reference: PFSF Donation
Contributor: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Recipient information

Donations coordinator: Post-Finasteride Syndrome Foundation
Contact email: Donations@PFSFoundation.org

My gf also donated 27USD

so its 47usd from my side in total today.

PayPal logo Sep 13, 2016 11:46:01 GMT+01:00
Transaction ID: 17M772996G9878946

Hello xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This email confirms that you have donated $27.00 USD to Post-Finasteride Syndrome Foundation (Donations@PFSFoundation.org) using PayPal.
The exchange rate for this purchase is 1 Euro = 1.07698 U.S. Dollars.
This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as “PAYPAL *PFSF DONATE”.

Donation Details

Confirmation number: 17M772996G9878946
Donation amount: $27.00 USD
From Amount: €25.07 EUR
To Amount: $27.00 USD
Exchange Rate: 1 Euro = 1.07698 U.S. Dollars
Purpose: Post-Finasteride Syndrome Foundation
Reference: PFSF Donation
Contributor: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Recipient information

Donations coordinator: Post-Finasteride Syndrome Foundation
Contact email: Donations@PFSFoundation.org

Great effort guys. Let’s keep it going. Pass on our thanks to your girlfriend, xptriado.

Fundraiser Donors

Scotsman
Nopecia
Newton
Anthony
Grey baron
Ruffneck
tiredcoopsies
AC3C
pvdl
Notna
rs174
Dubya_B
xptriado
Ann (xptriado’s gf)
progress

Total so far: $100 per month / $1200 per year / $434 one time donations

@nopecia

I dont really understand your summary of donations. Are the monthly recurring donations (100 per month/ 1200 per year) only the ones that have implemented this recurring donation after the fundraiser/ call to action?

Because xptriado wrote that he had already installed a monthly 10 dollar donation before the fundraiser, but you didnt increase the recurring donations number?

Yes, this is a fundraiser in memory of Michael, Paul and others, so pre-existing donations haven’t been included. It’s better this way to understand the impact a collective effort like this can make, in financial terms. If I added other previous donations, it wouldn’t make much sense in my view, because it wouldn’t be a complete picture. For that we need Mew.

Understood. Then this has really already been a success, if 1200 in new monthly donations have been collected…

Yes - I’m seeing more one off donations recently, which is great. But a recurring monthly donation will help the Foundation much more in the long term for planning and investing. Please consider whether you (the person reading this) can afford to do this. I am sure a lot of money is wasted on far lesser causes than something that could solve PFS once and for all .

As well as the $10 monthly payment I previously set up I have also just donated a one off payment of $75. For me this is about making up in part for having not contributed in the past. I chose $75 as Michael was born in 1995 and I rounded up 95 Australian dollars to the nearest $5.

For personal disclosure purposes, I hadn’t donated in the past as I tend to have an iron grip on my finances and also because, despite being hit by various symptoms, I’ve always felt that I’m not your typical pfser in that I didn’t crash, and haven’t suffered from insomnia, brain fog, or the more common complaints. The symptoms I’ve experienced that have upset me the most have been the thinning, premature ageing of my skin, and the subcutaneous fat loss, which I can’t imagine any research resolving. I do believe however that propecia has damaged me in more insidious ways, and coupled with anti-depressant use, my sexual dysfunction is continuing to worsen. So, although I’m not sure how much any research can help me (although it definitely could!), I am still a victim of the pharmaceutical industry and with the continuing suicides of young men like Michael it now feels like a moral duty to contribute. To put it in its most simple terms, although I am in no way religious and don’t have any faith, I do believe that what the foundation are doing and everything they represent is what’s good, and what these pharmaceutical corporations are doing, enabled and protected by governments, is what’s evil, and that the good guys are striving to help us all out of this mess. I want to be on the side of the good guys and help in my own way to redress this wrong and our suffering. The guys here have already shown phenomenal strength that things can and will get done.

So, to summarise, even if you’re not sure if your money will help, it is the right thing to do, and even a small amount can’t do anything BUT help as it is being invested in trying to help us and not for profit. We took a leap of faith with propecia, so we can do the same with the foundation. And to repeat, it’s basically the right thing to do, for us and our fellow men.

Thats fanatastic Scotsman. Thanks for the installation of the monthly donation and your generous one time donation. Even though thats not your main motiviation, I think that a PFS treatment/ cure will almost certainly improve your appearance and might even reverse the deterioration of your face.

I think anyone would welcome an explanation of how PFS works. That alone would be fantastic. A might take some time. Patience is key.

Fanfer added $21
Scotsman added $75

Fundraiser Donors

Scotsman
Nopecia
Newton
Anthony
Grey baron
Ruffneck
tiredcoopsies
AC3C
pvdl
Notna
rs174
Dubya_B
xptriado
Ann (xptriado’s gf)
progress
fanfer

Total so far: $100 per month / $1200 per year / $530 one time donations

halcyon added a $20 a month subscription.

Fundraiser Donors

Scotsman
Nopecia
Newton
Anthony
Grey baron
Ruffneck
tiredcoopsies
AC3C
pvdl
Notna
rs174
Dubya_B
xptriado
Ann (xptriado’s gf)
progress
fanfer
halcyon

Total so far: $120 per month / $1440 per year / $530 one time donations

Fanfer added $20 per month donation.

Fundraiser Donors

Scotsman
Nopecia
Newton
Anthony
Grey baron
Ruffneck
tiredcoopsies
AC3C
pvdl
Notna
rs174
Dubya_B
xptriado
Ann (xptriado’s gf)
progress
fanfer
halcyon

Total so far: $140 per month / $1680 per year / $530 one time donations

I’ve just donated 40 dollars to the foundation.