PFS Foundation FDA Citizen petition to remove Finasteride 1mg from the market

3 Likes

This needs to be retweeted!!

I saw Dr. S. Cohen some years ago. I found him to be skeptical – suggesting it’s psychologically driven, related to depression – which surprised me. It seems he started distancing himself from PFS, and he was later removed from the PFS Foundation doctor list.

2 Likes

I heard from the Foundation that FDA has not responded since its “We need more time” letter in March 2018. That was almost two years ago.

Maybe there’s a middle-ground solution where they make the risks much more explicit, as they’ve forced cigarette companies to make cigarette packs generic-looking and put huge, scary warnings on them?

Here’s what my urologist said:

I have many, many men who take [finasteride] for hair loss and I discuss the risks and they just don’t care because more hair and a more youthful appearance is much more important than any possible risks.

2 Likes

Australia is not kidding around:

Looks like UK, France and Ireland intended to follow this example.

Do we have any graphic designers? Maybe you could design packaging for finasteride like this, with the right health warnings. And then we could mail them to Merck and FDA officials.

1 Like

Finasteride should come with a Tombstone graphic…

4 Likes

There are also [citizen’s] petitions for changing the labels on SSRI/SNRI meds and Accutane that have been in limbo for over a year now.

The FDA is nonchalant. It’s not them or their spouses or children. If they are pressed on the issue, they will cry that they are underfunded and understaffed.

It’s funny how they won’t even follow step with the MHRA or EMA now. So, what kind of blackmail material do you guys have in Europe to get your regulators to regulate?? j/k

1 Like

I think there is more social capital in Europe - i.e. people care more about their compatriots and have a stronger sense of belonging. In North America you mostly care about your own family.

I feel the petition was submitted at least 5 years to early. The FDA are interested in patient numbers. The petition has around a dozen accounts of PFS suicides from family members. This is nowhere near enough to force a ban. Did the Foundation seek out legal advice on petitioning the FDA for a drug ban?

2 Likes

Agree, no chance to get it banned or adjusted at the current level of scientific understanding. This was wishful thinking and a waste of resources.

1 Like

That’s dumb. The petition provides evidence from a Merck exec who, under penalty of perjury, admitted to withholding critical data from the warning label. If that won’t get them to at least change the label to make it simply ACCURATE, the FDA wouldn’t have done it for any other reason.

2 Likes

Not only that but the Foundation shown its hand to Merck and revealed its true intentions way to early. Merck would be forced to retaliate and we become collateral damage in the fallout. If you’re gonna take on a huge corporation you need to come with everything you have rather than jump in impatiently and get swatted away in the early rounds. This is high stakes poker played in the murky shadows and not some gentlemens game based on rules of honesty and decency. I’m upset that our lives weren’t even considered or the damage it could potentially do to our studies by petitioning so early.

3 Likes

You really don’t know anything you are talking about and I have no more patience for PFS members here who wildly speculate on such matters.

Go up to the top of the thread and read your response to the same exact petition fairly recently. You are upset due to your own personal struggles and nothing to do with efforts of the foundation. Nothing has changed in the month or so that you learned about this, you just feel helpless and are blaming everybody else.

Your frustrations with having PFS are valid but none of your concerns are. If there is undeniable evidence of fraud, that needs to be presented to the FDA, and it is on the FDA if they decide to be complicit in perpetuating such fraud. I’d like to remind you that this matter is still pending, it was not swatted away as you claim, and these things usually remain pending for years. As for the impact on studies, this changed absolutely nothing.

2 Likes

The doctor on the far left used to work with Philip at the PFS Foundation and was listed on its website as a resoure doc, now this doc has turncoated and gone to the pharma dark side. Philip is aware of this! Awful.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Dr. Irwig’s latest paper: “Finasteride and Suicide: A Postmarketing Case Series.”

The new propetia market is hims and China. And old stupid man suck this Finasterid shit for benign Prostate enlargement.

That’s true.Merck has a Chinese branch in my city and they sell a Chinese version of Propecia and you can buy it on the Internet easily.And there are now five pharmaceutical companies in China making and selling cheaper versions of finasteride

Please also sign and retweet this:

Maybe also this:

2 Likes

Turning to this poster, I remember that China’s State Drug Administration said “there are all the side effects you said on the manual”. This is a conspiracy