PFS after using DHT compound

I have been lurking on this forum for the last year or two, but after reading this post I thought I should finally chime in.

I too developed persistent PFS-like symptoms following a cycle of anabolic steroids. I used Sustanon when I was 30 years old (a steroid that I had used several previous times in my life with no problems), and immediately afterwards developed a near-total loss of sexual function. I am now 38. My condition has deteriorated significantly over the years. In addition to a complete loss of libido, my penis has shriveled up, I have not had a morning erection in 8 years, and I was recently diagnosed with a venous leak. I have a constant urge to pee, and I developed severe insomnia which has continued to worsen over the years.

I have had every hormone level imaginable tested, and have tried countless treatments, including hormones, peptides, supplements, shockwave therapy, platelet injections, and physical therapy. I am currently treating with a urologist who specializes in sexual dysfunction and works with PFS patients, as well as a pelvic floor therapist. While I have had a handful of very brief (i.e., less than one week) “recoveries” over the years in response to various treatments, nothing is significantly or permanently helping.

I will do my best to post a detailed member story sometime soon, but in light of the subject matter of this post, I thought this would be a good time to at least briefly share my story.

7 Likes

I’m really sorry to hear about your situation. Would you say that you had any improvements in symptoms over the course of these eight years? That’s pretty strong of you to go 8+ years with this. I hope you find something that restores your function and puts this situation to and end. Thanks for jumping in on the thread.

1 Like

Thank you, and I’m sorry to hear about your situation as well. How soon after stopping the primobolan did your symptoms develop? I noticed odd sexual side effects a few weeks into my cycle of Sustanon, which were unlike anything I had experienced in the handful of previous times in my life that I had dabbled with anabolic steroids.

To answer your question, I unfortunately have had no permanent improvement over the past 8 years. In fact, my symptoms have worsened. I have had a near-total loss of libido and penile numbness since day one, but in the beginning my penis was still normal sized, and I could usually force myself to get an erection. Many times I wouldn’t ejaculate, because orgasms were basically numb, but I could nonetheless maintain an erection. As the years have passed, my penis has shrunken, and maintaining any type of erection has become exceedingly difficult. As I mentioned in my first post, I was recently diagnosed with a venous leak. Fortunately, the only cognitive effect that I developed was insomnia, although the insomnia has become rather severe in the last few years.

A handful of times when I have tried TRT over the years, I would notice an increase in libido and sensation at some point during the first few weeks of treatment, but on each occasion the benefits would only last a day or a few days. I started TRT again in January of this year, but have not noticed any improvements, so I will likely be stopping it soon. I have also had several very short recoveries from cycling high doses of tribulus (after reading a protocol on this forum), but I no longer feel any effects from tribulus, no matter how long I cycle off of it for. Most recently, my doctor put me on Armour Thyroid, even though my hormone levels were normal, just to see if it would have any effect. Soon after I started taking the Armour Thyroid, my libido returned, and felt normal for around a full week. I really thought that I might be on to something, because a full week was the longest recovery I have experienced from any drug or supplement. However, as usual, my libido disappeared soon after the end of that first week, and never came back.

I hope that your road to recovery will be much quicker than mine. As frustrating as these last 8 years have been, the fact that I have temporarily “recovered” on several occasions, even if it was only for a matter of days, is what has kept me from losing hope completely. I am still treating with my doctor, and there are a few more potential treatments that we are going to explore next. I’m not optimistic, but like I said, I haven’t given up just yet.

2 Likes

I started noticing I didn’t have the urge to fap all of a sudden like I used to mid cycle. I took my last injection in october, but crashed hard january-february, same as you symptoms were just something completely else. You’ve been going 8 years, and I wonder how do you cope? Like I’m getting close to a year, my whole life has been affected. Work, social life, hobbies etc. I also tried TRT and it did nothing for me either. Just wondering, did you experience any symptoms besides sexual symptoms like heart palpations, digestive issues, burning hands and feet, tinittus, feeling of derealizasiton?

The only non-sexual symptom that I developed was severe insomnia, which I still have. I don’t have any of the other symptoms that you mentioned. I wish I had better advice for coping but I unfortunately don’t have much to offer. This condition has affected every aspect of my life too, so I know how you feel. It’s pretty much all I think about anymore. I have gone through bouts of deep depression and resorted to heavy drinking, but at the moment I at least have my drinking somewhat under control. I try and remind myself that there is more to life than whether or not my sex drive works, and some days are better than others, but overall it’s been a difficult 8 years.

1 Like

Damn bro sorry, it sucks so much but dht compounds should never be run alone, because you need the aromatisation from test in order to allow the estradiol to fullfil biological functions because dht shut you down.

1 Like

I know man, it was so stupid :pensive:

Hello, what therapies are you thinking about? have you heard about trestolone ment?

[image]

theoretically, a dht derivative is suppose to boost your androgenicity. How could you then experience all these low androgen symptoms? Perhaps the dht derivative affected your estrogen to androgen ratio in a negative way? Please get a comprehensive blood panel LC/MS-MS for testosterone with a sensitive estradiol test. It might be possible to restore your sexual dysfunctions and increase your well being if you have a hormonal imbalance. Take care.

That’s what I think aswell. However I’ve been unable to get a sensitive estrogen test here, I’m from Norway. I have an appointment in two days where I will try to atleast test for DHT. Other than that theres not much to do other than wait I guess?

You should try using proviron, it helped my proviron to reverse the PFS symptoms for having used finasteride for 1 month and a half, aurita I am using proviron 75mg / day I started with 25mg I went up the dose aurita in those doses I have high libido, I have erections in a row , high energy and happiness, I reversed the symptoms of PFS, which I am not sure if I reversed it permanently or only temporarily by leaving proviron, since I have not stopped yet and I have already been using proviron for 1.5 months

Has anyone here used proviron for PFS (post finasteride syndrome) and then quit?

experiences with proviron anyone?

1 Like