Permanent side effects most probably caused by Candida also causing Progesteron dominance

Post your results with the yeast pls.

Hi Cooper, Iā€™ve not taken any tests, just taking yeast raider capsules as a precaution.

Before taking Accutane I had a moment when my groin itched. I applied an anti-fungal agent and it disappeared. At the time I read that it could be caused by the Candida bacteria.

I donā€™t understand the relationship with PAS and PFS, can someone explain it to me? (English is not my language, itā€™s not clear).

Thank you

While we donā€™t have a scientifically proven explanation, itā€™s expacted to be found that weā€™re looking at the same thing with slightly different triggers.

Please join in with these projects to help the process along.

3 Likes

I donā€™t understand English very well, do I absolutely have to buy a test on 23andme.com? Do I need the $99 or $199 test?
I am 18 years old, I am a student and I have not spoken to any of my relatives about PAS, that is a lot of money for me.

Do we know how many people with PAS participated in this survey?

In concrete terms, what are the benefits that this research could bring? What are 23andme.comā€™s intentions and can they resell our data, store it or use it dishonestly?

It is difficult to understand and analyze everything in a foreign language, trying to get the right information. I hope someone can enlighten me as simply as possible.

Thank you.

The cheaper test is ok, @ScaredGuy.

If we can prove that you and I are both suffering as a result of the same genetic predisposition, despite having used different drugs, we are in a much better position to seek governmental funding for scientific research.

Though I understand that the cost may be great to you personally, it is a tiny, tiny, tiny fraction of the money that we will need to finance real research. Proving the existence of the condition and that there are many people suffering with it will make it a lot easier for us to be recognised.

The survey and the 23&Me project could go some way to making that recognition happen. Obviously, it takes as many people as possible to take part to make it happen. The likelyhood of success is greater if you take part, less if you donā€™t. There is no concrete guarantee, unfortunately.

You can send me a message if that is difficult to understand and I will try and make it easier to understand.

5 Likes

Okay, thatā€™s very clear now, thank you.
I would have preferred not to have to give my DNA data to anyone (it is forbidden in my country as well) but the benefit/risk ratio (the famous one) is very significant, it is true.

I have seen that there are regular promotions, so I will wait until that time to participate in this project as you did.

Is there a way to find out the progress of research on this particular project?

@ScaredGuy @Greek

Hi, Iā€™ve been a reader here since I got PFS about 5 years ago but never engaged until I finally created an account earlier this night.

Anyhow I find the Candida take kind of interesting because I think I suffered from Candida in numerous of various forms since early childhood. For example I have some kind of white Candida under my big toe nail since I was like 8. Me and my mother went to the local hospital where we were using some kind of cream that didnā€™t do the job. The doctor decided that it was nothing else to do and after that I always filed down the Candida-nail so itā€™s basically looks like I didnā€™t have a nail at all, but it always grows back. I have also suffered from Athlete foot and in my early 20ā€™s (Iā€™m 32 now) I was diagnosed with sports asthma (which occours from Candida) I also had a strange white pigment on my skin which later was explained as candida. During this era I had sex with a girl who suffered from Candida in her vagina and like the day after I had it on my penis glans. I went to the doctor who ordered me to use a cream where you didnā€™t need a prescription. Anyhow sometimes the candida comes back at my penis which they told it was normal so i stayed with the cream and washed my genitals with intimate oil whenever itā€™s increasing.

Since I got PFS Iā€™ve noticed some candida expansion and since like a year back I suffer from Candida in my tounge, and the medicine my doctor proscribed will not solve it. And of course IBS stomache and alot of diarrhea these last yearā€™s. On note, my stomach issues have been better since breathing exercises, running and a 7 day fast I did about half year ago following with much better food choises. I found this issue very interesting, specially when it comes to fight Candida where numerous of sources claiming, for example, only a strict Paleo diet (in at least 4 months) while using some probiotic supplement + decreasing your stress in your life. Actually very similiar to the few heroes who managed to get cured from this hell hole.

If the bad bacteria candida have the upper hand against your body your immune system is weak and open for various desiceses. I myself had to remove two benign tumors when I was 25 and 28 for example

The candida issue has increased rapidly during the last 30 years around the world and in the traditional science world itā€™s not crystal clear to stop it or if itā€™s even a big issue, mostly because of lack of research for example. .

Sounds familiar to something else that we all suffer from, huh?

1 Like

Sorry @ScaredGuy for not replying sooner, in answer to your question, we are still at the data gathering stage, I believe.

Hi @NOSOUPFORYOU,

Sorry for not replying sooner. A few people here have commented on Candida. It however seems to be a far from common thing. I wouldnā€™t say it was a PFS symptom at all.

I assume itā€™s possible that your body is less able to keep candida at bay when you have PFS, but would say that the majority of people here do not have a problem with it.

1 Like

I understand that candida disturbs the endocrine system, but assuming one has normal testosterone levels, e2 and DHT, how could candida still cause ED and decreased libido?

I have some rash on my penis head and I suspect I might be with Candida.

I know everybody hates this theory, but Iā€™ve had the worst case of thrush in my butt for years. I can never get rid of it completely and it always comes back. The recoveries Iā€™ve had have coincided with getting rid of this crazy itchy mess on my backside. Coincidence?

1 Like

This is a major issues for me. Been one of the most prominent symptoms that statted shortly after taking finasteride, along with the other 30 or so symptoms i was experiencing at the time. Unfortunately, I took a round of antibiotics around the same time so I canā€™t truly know what was the cause, as candida dominance is common after such treatment for many people, so I ve read outside of this forum. But generally speaking a round of antifungals is enough to get the yeast balanced again but not for me. Iā€™ve tried so many different antifungal protocols and nothing works. I get the feeling this symptom is one most people donā€™t like talking about because the terminology and emotions are stripping one of dignity and the mess of it is hard to describe.
Backside
Thrush
Itching
Very generalized and safe words but how about,
Inner and surface of my ass hole is a white layer or film that causes an excruciating itch that wakes me up in the middle of the night and disturbs my ability to get quality sleep. Iā€™ll be sitting and ill feel something drip down my butt hole which makes me have to go for a wipe, itā€™s not diarrhea itā€™s clear liquid that makes me feel uncomfortable and dirty. The affected areas are swollen, tender, moist the itch is so euphoric ill scratch til blood is drawn or toes curl. It is possible for slight improvements by choosing, fodmat, anticandiada diets etch but the diets themselves make me feel worse.
So definitely one of my longest and debilating symptoms, that not too many like to talk about. If that describes anything similar for you. Sorry to hear. Itā€™s not as simple as dieting or eliminating food groups.