Permanent finasteride side effects after only 4 days on fin?

I was on finasteride 1mg for 4 days and stopped using it 20 of January due to the side effects. The side effects were brain fog & blurry vision. I don’t know if there is a correlation between these two side effects but it feels like it. My memory is down the drain. Yesterday I put ice cream in the refrigerator instead of the freezer. My sister reminded me of this today which I couldn’t even remember.

I still have brain fog & blurry vision just after 4 days of use. It’s been 25 days since I quit finasteride and I still have the side effects.

I’ll do a doctor visit on Monday but, what do you guys think? Did finasteride have permanent damage to my brain?

I feel scared to death every single day I wake up to this. Only time a feel normal is 1 minute after waking up, showering cold or warm. After the 1 minute has passed the brain fog slowly comes back again. I straight out had to walk out of my workouts due to the severe brain fog. Feels like I’m drunk but sober at the same time. Please help.

The symptoms you mention may not be permanent, they may not be persistent. Each person who takes finasteride may be different–some people have more side effects during treatment, other have them more afterward, and many recover completely. So the best thing is to wait it out, do things that are good for your mind and body, try to relax, reduce anxiety, and get enough sleep, good food, etc. as you would anyways.

3 Likes

Be patient and wait until you are three months. It’s good to try to stay positive in the meantime.

1 Like

Some people with SSRIs, finasteride, isotretinoin, Lupron and supplements like Saw Palmetto, seem to have an immediate adverse reaction, some develop PFS even with a few doses or even a pill. However, I advise you to stay calm, in your case the condition could probably be reversible.

1 Like

I don’t believe the side effects you described are permanent or something to worry about. Stay off the medication and give it some time and see how your body adjusts.

1 Like

It’s not brain damage - you can tell that in those brief windows of normality you’re experiencing.

We have had a number of people who have seen this symptom come and go.

Try to take things easy, never touch any antiandrigenic substances again and report your adverse reaction, please.

3 Likes