People improving vs people that are not

if you are improvig gradually does this imply you can be cured? and if you are not does this also imply that damage is permanent? i read somewhere on here that they think the damage is permanent but if it is how are people improving?

You should specify what type of damage your referring to. I have seen many more cognitive/psychological and even physical (gyco, dryskin, etc) recoveries on this forum then I have sexual. It seems like the sexual side effects are the ones that persist the longest, potentially permanently.

1 Like

It’s permanent because you never go back to normal.

I stated that my sleep completely recovered but shit isn’t the way it was before. I can sleep 8 hours but I still wake up randomly in the middle of the night and other times due to other factors like frequent urination or body temperature fluctuations.

1 Like

Everyone’s case is different, if you’re improving it could lead to a recovery or you could just get better up to a point. I have believed that, penile shrinkage and loss of girth in particular may be permanent that may or may not be the case but it’s difficult to see how it returns to normal with the days, weeks, months and years ticking away remaining unchanged. Best case scenario IMO, you just have hormone imbalances that can be retrieved, or worst case scenario it is legitimate PFS and it has caused for the most part irreversible symptoms. This may be due to the 5 alpha that was inhibited being switched off permanently, who knows there are many theories. I fail to understand why in some cases, nothing can be done to change it

1 Like

A gradual improvement, even if accompanied with set-backs, is definitely a good sign. If this means a full cure is possible, only time will tell. We will be launching a survey soon which will show how the community has progressed overall, and which cases had which outcomes so far. This data will hopefully provide some insight into your question.

3 Likes

this is good to hear. i am improving and im feeling really good but i have one side that just wont go away and its killing me. does anyone know how long you can use glycine for safely(1g before bed)?

@pete1989 idk how to quote someone but my only remaining side is a mental thing and its killing me. if i had this gone i would be 99.99999% normal. i do have slightly lower libido but i cant complain

What’s the one mental thing?

No way to answer that until PFS goes from theories to being facts…

i assume its the annoying headache that is like stitches in the forehead i experience myself. that havent
gone away.

Whats the side effect your experiencing that won’t subside? In my case the cognitive issues I had were extreme insomnia which has since subsided, and brain fog which lasted a few days. The insomnia was severe, never experienced anything like it. Not sure how I would have went on with living my life had that side effect persisted.

I don’t know if this is what you are meaning, but to quote someone with the purposes of embedding the quote within your post (like this one), highlight whatever it is you wish to quote (typical click and drag action) and a floating Quote button will appear which you just click on. A post with this quote will then appear at the bottom of your screen, or if you have already opened this, the quote will be added wherever your cursor is at with regards to your draft post.

3 Likes