Penis goes flaccid during orgasm

I’m wondering if anyone else experiences this. As well as having more difficulty maintaining an erection, with my penis prone to losing an erection and feeling very light to hold, my orgasms are muted with my penis quickly shrivelling up even as I’m still ejaculating, or just as I’m beginning to. This is sadly the norm now, and it’s depressing that my penis looks so damned pathetic afterwards. Although I’m now in my early 40s, I could always maintain an erection for ages, even after sex, and when it became flaccid it still had weight and substance, rather than this pathetic shadow of what it was. I know that there are many threads on changes to the penis, including some of what I have mentioned here, but it’s specifically the issue around the penis very quickly losing its erection during the dysfunctioning orgasm that I wanted to mention.

One other thing regarding these dysfunctional orgasms is that it feels kind of like the whole wiring for it is completely messed up, as if somehow things are happening out of sequence. Excuse my layman’s interpretation of my bodily functions.

Has this just been happening recently? You seem to have been off finasteride for a while… you never had this kind of problem before? I know exactly what you mean as this happened to me in the early stages (first 2-3 months off finasteride), but it has gotten better over time.

Relatively recently in the grand scheme of things, but I find that these changes kind of creep up on you and sadly become the new normal as it were. I’m afraid that as well as propecia, I have taken SSRIs and also came off paroxetine suddenly a few years back when I was too depressed to pick up my prescription. I’m now on venlafaxine (SNRI) which has helped a lot with my mood/anxiety which was pretty bad a year or so ago, although its pretty much a futile exercise to determine casuality re: sexual side effects when I have this pharmaceutical history. If I had my time over again I would only have taken anti-depressants with caution, but it was never flagged up that it could somehow permanently damage sexual function. I’m going to discuss with my doctor coming off venlafaxine and see where I am after that. I actually googled the issue I posted in this thread alongside venlafaxine and I came across another guy who has had the exact same problem on it, so propecia may in this instance not be the main culprit. When I was on both propecia and paroxetine I only had delayed orgasm. Now it is delayed and muted with some further faulty “wiring” thrown into the mix alongside low libido.

I experience this to a certain degree during sex, less so during masturbation. It hurts to cum during sex, especially with a condom on. As to everything being out of order, I’ve noticed this too, during masturbation, or at least some of the time during masturbation. Often I’ll get the ‘release’ pleasure that one normally feels during ejaculation only after the process is over.