Passing of Dr John Crisler

Dr Crisler has sadly passed away at the age of 61 due to heart disease. He was one of the few doctors in the early stages that were willing to be vocal about PFS and acknowledge the condition.

I know some within the PFS community have reached out to him in the past for help. I appreciate that some have had their grievances in that he wasn’t able to do more but I think we are coming to realise that PFS is more complicated than first thought and at this moment is beyond the scope of many physicians.

Dr Crisler was a great advocate for TRT and recognized that low levels of testosterone could have a profound affect on a man’s quality of life. He was willing to share a number of his protocols online and provide ongoing feedback and support through his website all things male.

http://www.allthingsmale.com/community/

Dr Crisler was well thought off amongst his peers in the TRT community and has helped thousands of men over the years through his practice and online forum. He was a TRT patient himself and someone who exercised daily and took his own health seriously.

Here is a link to Dr Crislers facebook page if you want to know more or leave a message.

https://www.facebook.com/doctorjohncrisler/

11 Likes

Very sorry to hear this news and thanks for the update and your post @Andrew35. Dr Crisler was an early advocate for our condition in a time where it was far more contentious, and spoke in clear terms regarding what he was seeing in his patients. Rest in peace.

9 Likes

Rest In Peace :heart:

2 Likes

Very weird… i was searching him for HCG theraphy this night. Never searched him before, and he dies today. Well… rest in peace.

1 Like

Rest in Peace Dr. Crisler :cry: :cry:

1 Like

We are thankful for his advocacy for PFS and PAS patients. Any differences of opinion aside, he was a kind-hearted man who tried to help when others in the medical community remained skeptical of our plight.

R.I.P.

2 Likes

Rest in peace to a Doctor who was willing to delve into a taboo sector of medicine termed HRT and/or TRT. I really appreciate Dr. Crisler not only due to his charismatic personality but because he was willing to try to treat the patient as an individual and not abide by the old textbook. I was hoping to be one of his patients when I developed whatever the hell me and @lowe2sucks have now, as he is also one of the few doctors who acknowledge and try to symptomatically treat PFS, and the only doctor to my knowledge to acknowledge what me and @lowe2sucks have as he was willing to openly talk about it on men’s trt forums such as allthingsmale. Rest in peace Crisler

9 Likes

Very sorry to hear this. Dr Crisler will be remembered as someone who took PFS patients seriously and was willing to try new things when other doctors would shy away.

During my visit to him, he told me – “a man should never drink whisky that’s less than 12 years old”. Wise words. :sunglasses:

Rest in peace!

4 Likes

RIP very sad to hear this one of only a handful of doctors who believed this is a real thing and not a made up mental disorder.

2 Likes

He was a real trailblazer and his contributions will be remembered for a long time, even if he may never get the full credit he deserves. C’est la vie.

1 Like

Wow. I remember his forum was for a long time one of the few places Accutane people could go. Sad to hear we lost a good guy.

ive read from dr john crisler that he has never seen a pfs case induced of topical finasteride. was he right on that ?

John didn’t pass away from heart disease. Unfortunately, John took his own life.

He was a major pioneer and contributor to a lot of men’s health and well-being, he’ll surely be missed.

2 Likes

I didn’t know much about him. This looks like a nice memorial.
http://www.totrevolution.com/in-honor-of-dr-john-crisler/