Participation in the BWH research!!

i hope they can find the cure very soon…

Is anyone doing this yet - posting in the hairloss forums about this? We need to get this moving. It is directly in our interests to do something here and it will take up little time or effort and at no cost.

I will do some posts later on today on some hairloss forums.

I think that’s a great idea - hopefully we will get some people who don’t have side-effects, as required by the researchers.

This research really is exciting, I’m keeping fingers crossed they get some good data which can provide the leads for treatments/cures…

Agreed, Davey.

These clinical studies promise to change the dynamic of the nightmare precedent set by Vioxx, which is:

If a drug causes harmful side effects, the patient/consumer’s only recourse is to sue the manufacturer – and wait years and years for a resolution.

Anyone think the sales of Propecia will drop through the floor once the results of these studies are released ?

What’ll happen is:

(a) There will be a LOT of media coverage around the world about new scientific evidence showing that PFS is real and any man taking finasteride could potentially be beset by the condition.

(b) That in turn will prompt millions of men (and their wives/girlfriends) to ask their doctors what to do–stop taking the drug or remain on it?

© Then those doctors must decide whether to dismiss scientific evidence from the likes of Harvard Medical School and advise their patients to remain on the drug, or advise them (Propecia patients, at least, for whom hair loss poses no health dangers) to quit the drug.

But the bigger problem is this:

Inevitably, scores of men around the globe – potentially millions of them – WILL quit finasteride cold turkey. And a certain percentage of them will develop PFS.

At that point we’ll have on our hands what’s known in medical terms as an…

Epidemic.

This is my first post. Who knows if it will get removed. I am avoiding freaking people out by posting links to PFS Foundation. I have just kept it very simple.

hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess … erthread=y

I will do another tomorrow.

They will be plotting every eventuality. Merck will be plotting rebuttals of all kinds - studies, PR wars, under-the-radar marketing. This is how the game works. We need to be ready with everything we can muster.

Thanks, Gelhead.

My posts are currently pending approval.

Yes, thanks for posting on that hair-loss forum.

If no one takes it down, try posting this link in a few days as well:

pfsfoundation.org/news/docto … h-studies/

This is a great idea. Thanks for thinking of it.

Have you guys tried Boston’s Craigslist?

Seems to be a popular site for posting “cash for study participation” info.

Done! boston.craigslist.org/gbs/vol/4218241761.html

It’s filed under “volunteers”. Thought it would be best to focus on past users, since they are in short supply.

A thought for guys who are going to post on other forums - I’m sure you will realise this but make sure whatever you write doesn’t have an adversarial tone. People don’t want to be lectured or read lots of bad stuff about their drug. After all, the people we are interested in didn’t experience side-effects. We will just put people off from participating. The correct approach is one which just puts the information out there and let’s people decide whether they want to make some quick and easy money for volunteering a little of their time.

Great work.

How about Houston Craig’s List for the Baylor study?

100% correct. “Whining” and “lecturing” will actually turn people off. Let me know they can earn money, and just speak objectively about the study.

I know that this is a post about the BWH research, but I just wanted to note that Baylor might need more participants. From what I gather, they only have 7 biopsies completed. The goal was 50 (25 PFS, 25 non-PFS). I just know that I was the third participant (back in October), and they send off the biopsies to be tested in groups of 8. As of last week, they only had 7. It could be that they have enough people scheduled but they haven’t come in yet. I’m not sure.

Guys, we need to do something about this. Is there any way to find out whether there are people scheduled to go in or not. Maybe we can ring the person who is doing the organising.

When does this study end ? I thought they would be finished before the end of year, and results from the study would be released in the middle of 2014.