Participation in the BWH research!!

IMO baylor dont belıeve the pfs thats why they ask some money ın return for wastıng theırr tıme.

I know that this is frustrating, but the lack of remuneration has nothing to do with whether PFS is believed to be real. It is undoubtedly the product of the grant size, which covers the cost of the biopsy, the genetic analysis, and two components of the blood work. Dr. Khera, the principal investigator, sees PFS patients quite a bit. AGAIN, the control group (n= 25) consists of patients coming in for circumcision and thus I believe they are not out any extra money.

They are both vital pieces of the jigsaw. We need to collect money for covering potential Baylor participant’s costs so we can get this one moving.

ı have saıd same thıng already but nobody lısten.

A few days ago I emailed the Baylor study to ask how the study was going (I contacted the person listed on the advert for the study on the PFS Foundation website). I asked if there was a shortage of participants, and if so whether we could look into providing donations to cover for people’s costs. However, I’ve not heard anything back.

I’m happy to email the PFS Foundation, but does anyone on this forum have this information - e.g. through links to the study or to the Foundation? If the study is behind because costs are a problem, then we really need to address this.

ım so sad nowadays so apologıze ıf my englısh wrong now ı cant concantrate. I sent message foundatıon one week ago . They saıd we dont know how many people need for baylor but we are sure everythıng ıs progressıng as scheduled
but problem ıs how can they sure such lıke thıs ıf they dont know how many people need baylor study.

Why don’t they accept people who have taken generic finasteride as participants? Or do they? The ads seem to require Propecia users.

I just got off the phone with Allen (BWH contact for study). He said they take people who took Propecia or Finasteride.

If cost is a problem, please contact Phillip Roberts at the PFS Foundation (media@pfsfoundation.org) and see if the Foundation can help with the cost.

Thanks for the information. They should change the text on the posters, it now only mentions Propecia.

I wanna participate , I m originally from Brazil and now in Vancouver, Canada untill january 2015, i really would like to participate, but to go to the States i need to get an American visa, if you guys can send me a letter inviting to this study i can show it to american embassy here and i ll be easier to get the visa.

No one on this forum can provide you with this letter. You will have to contact the study coordinator directly. Allen Papazian is his name.
Contact details are as follows:
Allen Papazian
Clinical Research Coordinator
Mens Health Aging and Metabolism,
221 Longwood Avenue,
BLI-549
Boston,
MA 02115
apapazian1@partners.org
(617) 525-9197

Best of luck. Each participant is badly needed

Can you not travel as a tourist under the Visa Waiver Program?

Edit: I just checked, you do need a visa to enter. Sorry.

Yep, thanks a lot. I will contact him.

Is anybody know what study will be published on august?

After all the recruitment shit that went wrong I am not that certain that there will be anything published in the next months…
Ask Awor or Mew I think they know it

I have just signed up for the study, and my friend who previously took Propecia but never got PFS will be going with me as well. Allen said should bring the PFS people to around 16-17 out of 25 by the end of the month, and only TWO people who previously took Propecia but are okay.

That’s pretty close, guys! ALL WE NEED is another 8 or 9 people to sign up for this, and get it done. JUST DO IT! Please! This could give us our lives back. Imagine that. Imagine being normal again. I can’t even describe how happy I would be. Unbelievable.

Massive thanks for participating, you’re a living example of someone who takes action on their problems and doesn’t give in to bullshit. Top man.

But do they also need 25 people who previously took propecia but are okay?