Out of the wilderness: New scientific research and major awareness campaign

@axolotl and @Sugarhouse

Excellent work guys. At the very least this is probably the beginning of the end of suffering in silence.

5 Likes

Hi @axolotl to maximise coverage and donations across the pfs group would it be possible to forward/email your update to every member?
Those active on the site generally consists of the same small group of sufferers.

Apologies if this is already in hand.

Thanks once again

Laz

Ryan

5 Likes

Agree, an alert with a gentle ask and reminders would go a long way

3 Likes

Very grateful for all your hard work. Iā€™ll definitely be donating. Sincerely, thank you.

5 Likes

Unfortunately we are unable to send a batch email to every registered forum member due to GDPR. If there are any old members you can think of who are supportive of our groupā€™s efforts but are not very active, please send me a message and I can reach out to them privately.

2 Likes

amazing guys. thank you for everything you do. this gives me lots of hope

3 Likes

i would like to share my story if possible. i was playing video games professionally when all of my issues began. i basically lost all passion in my life.

5 Likes

would be interested in hearing your story. create a memberā€™s intro post

welcome

Mary Gouldā€™s full length episode already has 1.6k views in less than a week. Thatā€™s pretty incredible. The next popular video is the trailer at 750 views.

Damonā€™s patient story cracked the 10k view mark! Mitchā€™s is at 8.5k

We have also received plenty of new subscribers to our channel and mailing list.

These are nice numbers, but I am sure we can do much more. Interactions matter on social media, so please watch, like, subscribe, share and comment. If we can increase interactions, our content will get more visibility. Thatā€™s very light and very quick work that everyone can help with.

And, of course, do not forget to donate to research here: https://www.pfsnetwork.org/donate

7 Likes

Interactions matter on social media, so please watch, like, subscribe, share and comment. If we can increase interactions, our content will get more visibility. Thatā€™s very light and very quick work that everyone can help with.

I canā€™t emphasise this enough. There is a lot of bad content about PFS on YouTube which potential consumers, patientsā€™ families, clinicians and the general public are susceptible to. Rather than attacking it, boosting engagement on our content will improve our ranking and bury the bad content further down the search results.

3 Likes

Agreed, If everyone could give a comment, like or share every few days, that would help a little, and is a 10 second job to help.

Hereā€™s a link to get started:

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

Weā€™re pleased and very grateful for your support thus far. In under two weeks, our campaign has raised just under 7500 EUR. This does not include donations from the PFS Network team or donation pledges. If we maintain this pace, the study will be fully funded by February.

On the awareness front, Conall Gouldā€™s story, told by his mother Mary, is edging close to 2k views. For comparison, our videos on Rare Disease Day took over six weeks to reach the same count, so this is an amazing effort. Our channel has also grown to over 350 subscribers, up over 100 since we launched our new campaign. Please continue to like, share and comment.

Our focus for the next 3-6 months will shift quite heavily to fundraising. To use another simple fundraising equation, if each of those 350 subscribers to our YouTube channel donated 100 EUR, we could begin the study immediately.

Thank you all for your continued support.

8 Likes

Can the fundraising meter be updated regularily so we know where we stand?

4 Likes

When I get paid this month, donate another 100 euros. Well, donā€™t waste your money on stupid supplements. Take this with :pig: Brain, Iā€™m going crazy.We seem to have no choice but to support research. I think Iā€™m going to lose my job soon, from a successful man to a guy who makes a living by sweeping the streets.

6 Likes

I canā€™t believe that, I know his friends and had no idea Conall was suffering from PFS.
I wonder how many other young menā€™s suicides are linked to finasteride whoā€™s stories go untold.

1 Like

Ryan @LazarusRy told of an unknown PFS suicide, a friend of Simon Breidert committed suicide too. Normally no one of the related contacts the PFS foundation. So the 89 suicide victims are only the top of the hill.

@Exsexgod yeh there could be and probably is thousands. Celeb wise Robin W, Heath L, there will also be those who died from complications by unsuccessfully trying a combination of drugs therapies to hold back all of the unknown symptoms eg Michael J and those are just the ones we know about 1 in 100 deaths is now suicide. How many are because of accutane, ssris and finasteride. In the 80s and early 90s suicide was rare itā€™s frightening when u think about it. Mass murder at the hands of pharna we will overcome this and expose these criminal fucks

3 Likes

Weā€™ve just updated the fundraising progress meter. Please note this meter needs to be updated manually so we will only do so fortnightly.

1 Like

Mitchļ¼ŒCan we make this post top forever? This is a declaration of war and our hope

1 Like

It should be the pinned post for every user who logs in to Propeciahelp.

2 Likes