Our problem is the Androgen Receptor?

“Proposed framework for the action of androgens in erectile function. Testosterone is metabolized to 5α‐dihydrotestosterone (5α‐DHT), which possesses higher affinity for the androgen receptor (AR). 5α‐DHT and testosterone bind to the AR and elicit a host of biochemical signaling leading to several physiological responses. These include 1) increased expression of neural and endothelial nitric oxide synthases (nNOS and eNOS), 2) increased expression of phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE 5), and 3) up‐regulation of α‐1 adrenergic receptors and down‐regulation of Rho A kinase. In addition, androgens maintain the structural integrity of the penile nerve fiber network and smooth muscle growth and function. The maintenance of the tissue structural integrity and biochemical signaling is critical for veno‐occlusive function and penile erecti” (M. Traish, Androgens Play a Pivotal Role in Maintaining Penile Tissue Architecture and Erection: A Review https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.2164/jandrol.108.006007

Or 5ar damaged? Do we have to find only a way to activate it?

1 Like

Probably Genes that control it…Why its affected in some areas/tissues and not in others…

2 Likes

For me I’d say my tissue is affected bodywide, skin, fat and maybe bone and muscle etc.

1 Like

Me as well as you know…Huge change all over even hair, skin, 3x the fat and huge water gain and muscle weakness…But I was not affected sexually,At all…

2 Likes

That’s interesting you haven’t been affected sexualy, I guess that’s lucky, I have the whole cake with the sprinkles on top :confused: just a pleater of issues like yourself, hopefully we’ll be sorted one day, just want my body’s healing ability back, firm skin.

1 Like