Oral thrush and diarrhea

Anyone have these symptoms? I’ve had these persistently for 7 months now

I have a fungal infection for years in my butt. Lately the symptoms have become almost intolerable. My diet has somewhat of an impact.

What did you dermatologist say? Did you try anti fungals, etc.?

I have an appointment to see a doctor soon. Will let everyone know how it goes

Got back from my doctor who specializes in colon and rectal diseases. I told her about by brutal itching in my butt crack and she diagnosed me with a fungal infection. To treat it I was given a Mesalamine suppository and anti fungal cream. I quickly realized that I am allergic to the Mesalamine. It help with the inflammation but it gives me a sore throat and runny nose so I am basically trading one set of symptoms for another. The anti fungal cream helps a little bit but not enough to stop the chronic itching and inflammation. I have read that these types of infections are due to a hormone imbalance

Anyway, here is the good news about the visit. I told the doctor that my whole life basically fell apart when I took finasteride and I doubt she will believe me but I believe that’s the bomb I detonated inside my body that is causing all these health problems. I was prepared for her to start arguing with me like doctors often did ten years ago. Instead she looked right at me and said “of course I believe you, you wouldn’t believe how many patients I have with serious problems from accutane, which is a similar drug”

So the medical community seems to know about these 5AR inhibitors…I think at this point the number of sick people and the number of stories has gotten to the point where this can’t be ignored anymore.

I’m due to return in a month and am not sure what’s next for me since I can’t really tolerate the anti inflammatory drug I’m taking. That’s one of the big issues I have. In addition to having a variety of food allergies I’m also finding that my body can’t tolerate a lot of medications.

1 Like