Optimal Testosterone ranges for young men

archfami.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/8/3/257

Circulating testosterone levels have a diurnal variation in normal young men, usually reaching a mean maximum level of 25 nmol/L (710 ng/dL) at approximately 8 AM and declining to a mean minimum level of 15 nmol/L (426 ng/dL) at approximately 10 PM.3”

Graph:
archfami.ama-assn.org/cgi/conten … GFCR7024F1
Current Status of Testosterone Replacement Therapy in Men.pdf (195 KB)

Blood Testosterone Threshold for Androgen Deficiency Symptoms

jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/89/8/3813

"… A key finding of this study is that the threshold for androgen deficiency symptoms occurs at highly reproducible blood testosterone concentrations in hypogonadal men.

That is, men reach a distinctively individual trigger level for androgen deficiency symptoms and seek retreatment at similar blood testosterone concentrations each time. Yet, this trigger level differs widely between men. This replicability reinforces the notion of a measurable threshold at which androgen deficiency symptoms occur but recognizes that this threshold differs between individuals.

Although this threshold varies from very low to values above the lower limit of the eugonadal reference range, on average it approximates the lower limit of the eugonadal reference range for young men.

[Size=4]The determinants of this symptomatic threshold are unknown but presumably include genetic polymorphisms that influence androgen sensitivity[/size] (25), although the magnitude of this genetic determination is uncertain (26). "

nursa.org/article.cfm?doi=10.1621/nrs.01009

"Androgens control sexual function in the male and are
central to the anabolic processes that underlie the
development of male sexual and physiological
characteristics
[Mooradian et al., 1987]. Serum androgen
levels are low prior to puberty and climb exponentially
during adolescence in the male, leading to the enhanced
muscle growth and lean body mass typical of the gender.
In the mature adult they range from 600 to 700 ng/dL. As
men age, androgen levels decline during the so-called
andropause, reaching 450 to 500 ng/dL in their seventies
and eighties
[Flynn and Hellstrom, 2001]. Concomitantly,
lean body mass decreases and older men are frailer, with
a greater tendency to falls and bone fractures."

Therapeutic Androgen Receptor Ligands.pdf (199 KB)

I’ve had my testosterone levels checked over the last few years and I consistently get around:

Testosterone 20.6 nmol/L (9-25) which is 594.15 ng/dL

If we look at where that places me this chart above, it’s more in line with older men than younger men, regardless of doctors telling me everything looks normal.

My question is, has anyone researched normal testosterone levels and done anything to increase theirs? It’s important that if I take any steps to address this that it is safe!

Better then me. Mine is in the 200’s in the morning. I think a dead person has about the same T level.

How is your libido? What steps are you taking? Are you considering treatment?