Opening up about this

It’s heart breaking to think that grown men all over the world are killing themselves because of a hair loss drug. It just doesn’t seem real the fact that we don’t even have the medical community on our side, it’s a double edged sword in the back. This disease doesn’t just affect one aspect of our bodies unlike the majority of illnesses out there but can have multiple tiers of never ending destructive sides effects, I’m personally dealing with 20 different side effects all at the same time, it’s bad enough dealing with major depressive disorder because of this drug but when you contemplate all the other sides it gets to a point that getting through the day becomes extremely exhausting and the slightest bit of stress can shut your system right down which is what happened to me today after I broke down in a shopping center. I’ll admit this openly, I have never cried as much in my life over the complete terror and trauma that has been bestowed on me and the worst thing is this could have been avoided had the people who regulate these drugs did their Job, malpractice isn’t even the word perhaps murder is more suitable. If a plane crashes, they automatically start running tests to find out the cause so that it doesn’t happen again, in our situations we get laughed at like nothing happened to us, it’s truly unbelievable- now I know why my aunt never touches a pharmaceutical drug and I thought she was just paranoid. We don’t just lose our ability to have sex, for some of us our entire bodies are literally breaking apart and there is nothing we can do to counteract this no matter if you see the best doctor in the world and the worst thing of all- we lose the women we love because of this affliction and we have to watch on in the background while the love of our lives moves on with someone else, it’s tormenting. I look back now and realize that having a big fat bald head over this would be my version of winning the lottery and I can only pray and hope that I don’t deteriorate further as at that point I would be completely unable to live. There’s no living and learning in this case, we don’t get a second chance, I feel so much resentment towards the people who have brought this to my life. I always dreamed, fantasized about what I could become in life but those dreams have eroded away and been replaced by a nightmare that I want to wake up from and all I can do for this moment in time is try to wait this out the best I can and hope treatment arrives and we can all put this behind us.

9 Likes

Stay strong. Remember this is reversible but still we dont know how. I feel every your word. So many people waking up every day with this condition and going through hell on earth. We hope one day it’s gonna be over. After that victory nothing is gonna be hard.

8 Likes