i took Dustasteride

i was taking 0.5mg daily for only 7 days

Was using the drug to help with hairloss

For how long did you take the drug -7 days

i was 44 years old and took it from April 7 to April 14

i quit April 14

How did you quit -cold turkey

How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects- after day 5

What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?- ED, insonmia and numbness of right arm and face

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[ x] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[ x] Erectile Dysfunction
[x ] Complete Impotence
[x ] Loss of Morning Erections
[ x] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ x] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[ x] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[x ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[ ] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[x ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[x ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ ] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ ] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[ x] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ x] Testicular Pain
[x ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[x ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ x] Muscle Wastage
[x ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ x] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[x ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug? just fish oil and vitamin D

If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)? my Tricelycrides are slightly up

Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience?

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

I everyone i only took a weeks worth of Dustasteride and its been 2 weeks since i stopped . i have had brain fog (which is now gone) but still have ED and insomina, muscle wastage in my right arm along with numbness in face and right arm.

Do i have full blown PFS or is it too early to tell ?

Hey @RPP44, very sorry to hear you have gone through this. I will post something very similar to what I posted recently in a thread started by someone who was also only a few weeks in.

Generally they tell people to come back once the side effects have been persistent for at least 3 months. This forum can actually make you feel worse and you might start seeing symptoms in things that were already there.

I would say the best thing you can do is get on an ultra strict diet, putting lots of good fresh organic foods into your system, get out and do some moderate exercise as much as you can take, even if it is just walking. If you can handle more than that, pushing weights with big muscles (chest, legs) early morning has benefited a lot of people. Cut out junk food, sugar, caffeine, nicotine, any recreational drugs, take a good muti-vitamin. Meditate, relax, and cut out any source of stress possible from your life. Get super super clean in your lifestyle and just see how you go over the next couple of months.

Stay positive, I know that is hard, but you might yet bounce back. You have already seen a debilitating side effect (brain fog) clear up, and that is very positive. Throw the kitchen sink at being as healthy as you can over the next two months so that, in the event symptoms do persist, you can know you did all you could to overcome them.

We will be here for you if you need us, but hopefully you won’t. Good luck.

thank you so much for your kind words i will throw everything at this and will keep you posted.

God Bless

1 Like

Dutasteride has a half-life of up to 5 weeks maybe even more, if I were you I wouldn’t touch anything till the 3 month mark because you may very well recover.

Thanks Aaron,

Is the numbness and tingling in line with the side effects ?

R

Yes, best not to ever touch it again it’s a waiting game at this point don’t mess around with supplements as many did and got worse give your body time to stabilize.

Aaron that stuff has been thrown out and you are right its just a waiting game i have only taken 3 sleeping pills as i had terrible insonmia from the side effects

Be vigilant with any supplements you take from now @RPP44 . Some multivitamins contain saw palmetto and other things which have caused significant problems for patients. I’d advise to always check the ingredients of supplements before use and use the search function/ask here if you aren’t sure about something. Not calling you out here @5ariWillGetBetter, just a caveat on that specific point.

No problem, it is a very good point and I should have thought to make it myself.

1 Like

Hi Aaron,

How long did the tingling numbness last for ?

I Don’t have tingling so much anymore but the numbness in my case is permanent, that’s not to say you won’t recover it depends person to person, these may very well resolve in your case.

mine comes and goes its pretty consitent during the day at night i dont feel it probably beacuse im sleeping.

my side effects are ED, insomina and this numbness/tingling thing

im guessing the fact i took only 7 days worth compared to someone taking it for months or years makes no difference ?