Only 3 pills and side effets

Hello everybody,

I’m looking for informations here, thanks in advance for reading me.

Where are you from (country)? France

How did you find this forum Google search

What is your current age, height, weight? 27, 180cm, 65kg

What specific drug did you use : Finasteride

What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)? 1mg/day

What condition was being treated with the drug? hairloss

For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)? 3 days

How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start the drug? 27, from january 18th to january

How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit?

How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)? not sure I understand this one, sorry I’m not native english speaker

How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects? almost immediately, like the first day

What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[x] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[x] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[x] Loss of Morning Erections
[x] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[x] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[ x Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[x] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[x] Confusion
[ ] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[x] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[x] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[x] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ ] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ ] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[x] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug? nothing

If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?

Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience?

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

I took the drug being aware of the possible side effects, telling myself that I would watch very carefully what would happen to me and quit it immediately if I wasn’t ok with it. I didn’t think anything too bad could happen for only 3 or 4 pills anyway. Almost immediately I started to notice the side effects, and to get quite anxious about them. Now my principle issues are sexual, and I’m wondering if there’s a link between the number of pills and the intensity / length of the side effects; what should I do in my situation, and can my situation really last for a long time knowing that I only took finasteride for 3 days?

Thanks in advance for your answers

3 Likes

Salut, ça fait plaisir de voir un français ici (désolé pour toi !), malheureusement il y a beaucoup de témoignages de personnes ayant eu des symptômes comme les tiens (et les miens) même après une, deux ou trois prises.

N’hésite pas à venir en message privé, notre problème est vraiment pas connu en France et moi aussi je sais vraiment pas quoi faire.

Si tes effets secondaires viennent de se manifester avec un peu de chance tout redeviendra normal, ça arrive parfois. Je l’espère pour toi.

Apologies I cannot speak French.

Did you see this article in Le Monde already?

Hey,

No I hadn’t seen it and cannot read it till the end since it requires a subscription.
But I’m trying not to read these articles too much seen - without minimizing the syndromes - they have some kind of a mirror effect, and it’s always the same people that we read about.

Thanks for sharing anyway, but without an account I cannot check out the comment section and get in touch with people potentially in the same situation

1 Like

Hey everybody

Felt I should give an update about my situation, it’s been now 1 year and a half since these 4 (was actually 4 damn takes).

So basically I’m still suffering sexual symptoms, the usual ones, with mood swings though I can’t really say whereas they’re the symptoms of the symptoms, or if they’re directly linked to some hormonal / neurotransmitters imbalance.

I started seeing one of the docs listed on pfs foundation site, specialized in micronutrition with a deep understating of endocrine system. He prescribed me a wide range of blood and urine tests for neurotransmitters, protein profile, lymphocyte type, and some stool tests.

Main results are the following :

• thyroid produces antibodies
  • glutamate is sky high
  • vitamine b12 active is low
  • noradrénaline is low
  • gut flora is very imbalanced with numerous escherichia coli, enterococcus faecium, citrobacter freundii, andclostridium difficile

The treatment doctor prescribed me :

• lactibiane tolerance 5/7 days 3 weeks a month
  • silver colloïdal 5/7 days 1 week a month
  • vitamine b12 1 per day
  • phyto regulator neuro vegetative 1 per day (mix of plants from what I understood)
  • homeopathy : 1 bottle of water with noradrenaline 1400k, serotonine 1400k, glutamate + ATP 5C, glutamate + GABA 1400K, another with 4D stool isotype, another with 5c stool isotype

What’s changed / not changed :

Unfortunatelly I’m still suffering PFS. However as time goes by I feel I have a better understanding of my condition and what makes me feel better or worse.
When I’m not in Paris - where I live - and in a relaxed context (holidays, week-ends somewhere else, etc.), I often experiment a window where I feel almost symptom free. Usually these windows last no more than 4-5 days in a row BUT during the lockdown period I’ve experimented a month long recovery! I was in a house with friends in the south of France and had again good libido, morning woods, felt the urge to masturbate, and completely stoped being preoccupied about my condition since I felt this time I was all sorted. Unfortunatelly going back to Paris and having to face again different unpleasant parameters such as living in a small flat and being exposed to stressful situations took me back to my previous state.

I’m not sure yet what makes me feel better during these windows, but I suspect that both the sun / vitamine d and the proximity of the nature have quite a strong incidence on the way I feel. Being very emotive, hypersensible, could some mental things impact my body to such an extent? I don’t know, as bad as this symptom is I feel it’s giving me a wider comprehension of how my body and mind work together.

So it was already in my mind since quite a while but I’m leaving Paris, hoping these windows will be more and more frequent and each time longer.

Will keep updating if there’s anything new to my condition.

Stay strong

1 Like

Thanks for your account, but I question your doctor’s credibility if he’s prescribing you homeopathic ‘treatments’.

1 Like