-change of body Oder
-dark under eyes

Symptoms improved
-brain fog (almost good)
-vision
-dryer skin

Happy turkey day!

****Update 11-4-21

Things have made a turn for the worst. Recently experienced very dry skin, a little bit of my skin is becoming less defined, hairs on body and head are thinner, arm went numb yesterday, couldn’t lay down straight last night so I had to get my digestive system And pelvic area checked a long with a blood test. Fogginess persists and limp dick is there. It felt fuller flaccid a couple days ago but had to smoke because I hadn’t slept in 2 days… this is going to destroy me. There is no hope

Welcome to our community. Please fill in the following template as a way of introducing yourself, and helping others to understand your background and situation.

Where are you from (country)? US

How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?) google

What is your current age, height, weight? 6’1, 220

What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)?
FIN
What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?
1MG
What condition was being treated with the drug?
Hair loss
For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)?
One day (10/23)
How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start the drug?
How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit?
How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?
Cold turkey
How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects?
Later in the day, handful of hours later
What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?
Limp dick, fogginess, skrinkage, ED, low libido ,
Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[ x]Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[x ] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[ x] Loss of Morning Erections
[ x] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ sorta] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[ x] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ x] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ x] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[ ] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[ ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ x] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ ] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ ] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[ x] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[x ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[maybe a little ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?
None, trying to eat healthier
If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)? No pre test

Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience?

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

Hello,

I found this forum a couples days ago and made a post in the Gen discussion section but wanted to explain my issues…

I have been experiencing hair loss/hairline since early 20s (25 now). Decided to take the plunge with Finasteride from Hims since it seemed like a productive/safe way to regrow hair. I researched a lot of different studies claiming it’s effective and mostly safety in other studies/forums/videos/ etc and was calmed since the hims “dr” stated that only 1.6 percent of people develop symptoms when on it.

So I took the first pill on 10/25 and felt something wasn’t right in my genitals hours later, like shorter flaccid penis, no Brain to penis connection, etc. i could still jack off but my libido immediately seemed lower. I stopped taking the pills immediately, since that time and 7 days later, I’m still experiencing various side effects at different frequencies such as

Fogginess
Limp penis
Shrinkage penis when flaccid
A bit emotionally flat
Anxiety (probably because of reading all these horror stories and thinking of these permanent sides)
Low libido
Anxious
Hot flashes on head, like sweating when just sitting still
Etc.

I’m getting really nervous that I fucked myself forgood with only one pill. I heard that the hormones are effected until 30 days after cessation but not sure what to believe after reading these stories.

Regardless of how long I’ll be here, short term or long term, I wanted to provide updates as I progress through this hellish journey.

*NOTE: Before taking the pill I lived a pretty good healthy life, with regularly hitting the gym and eating moderately well. I recently quit smoking pot and relapsed during this last week which affected some sides (made flaccid penis shorter, fogginess afterwords.) planning on trying to avoid it as much as possible from now on

you are still just getting off of finasteride. the drug will stay in your system for a while. While I am in a very similar boat and need to remember this advice for myself, just try to wait it out for at least a year before making drastic decisions. more than likely you will be back to normal within 2 months max

I appreciate the comment but I only had ONE pill. You’ve been on it for weeks and it makes sense that you have time to “ween off it”

How fin works is that it will bind irreversible to the 5AR enzyme complex.

Since 5AR is “recycled” about every 30 days, even a small amount of finasteride is able to block a large amount of 5AR for a pretty long time.

Which obviously sucks when you get sides, as you’re basically stuck “on” the drug for quite some time.

I just feel so guilty and regretful. Fucked my whole life potentially over the concern of going bald. Now I’m going to suffering

I understand how you feel, and I think that goes for many users here.

At my worst I couldn’t open the front door when my dad came to visit…

I even knew about PFS, but on the other hand you read the 1% or whatever and everyone will think they’re not in that 1%. It’s human nature.

The good part is that while some get true PFS with only 1 pill, it’s much more likely to develop after prolonged use.

Since it’s been only a week for you it’s very hard to tell what’s the future holds for you. But it’s not impossible that within the next week or months that you will feel good. Or at least substantially better.

2 Likes

Wanted to update the thread for newbies who come across this board. Almost 4 months post crash wnd can confirm that I do have PFS; I’ve accumulated additional symptoms that have not been initially been listed here.

Good news: After almost 2 months, I am approx 60-65-70 percent better depending on day and getting better.

I wanted to return to provide an update that this can be beaten. I’m not there yet but based on improvements can fully realize that I can put this mess behind me after 1 pill of propecia (poison) and getting sexual, physical, and cognitive sides.

I most likely won’t be back here as there is no need since I have my plan down but To the newcomers, don’t let people think that this is a life sentence - it’s not.

1 Like