Omega 3-6-9 (Oleic acids?) reduce 5α-reductase? Give same side effects as Propecia?

Hello everyone,

I’ve been scouring the internet for answers, but I just can’t find anything on this

I’ve been taking Omega 3-6-9 for the past week. I’ve noticed watery semen and delayed ejaculation. Also lower sexual function

I have read that Oleic/Linoleic acid acts as a 5α-reductase inhibitor

Does anyone know more on this subject? I can’t find anything concrete from google searches, and I don’t trust the doctor’s word (he prescribed me citalopram years ago: this is how I found this forum)

Will this supplement induce PFS-like effects?

Ingredients in Omega 3-6-9 I’m taking:

• Evening primrose oil
  • Linoleic Acid
  • Flaxseed Oil
  • Alpha-linoleic acid
  • Sunflower oil
  • Oleic acid
  • Vitamin E

P.S - I’ve contacted several prominent Youtubers about PFS. One of them will be releasing a video shortly. If that helps save one man from PFS it’s absolutely worth it.

Thanks everyone

Boys, stop! Everything you see is a 5-ar inhibitor … Ok, so according to your theories we should no longer eat or drink. Soon a new “scientist” will come up and say that the air we breathe is 5-ar i … “Don’t breathe anymore, because otherwise you could take pfs”. It is through posts like these that we lose credibility with the scientific community.

Rb26dett, this is a forum which discusses serious health issues.

I don’t see much use in High School snark, perhaps you can make a good case for it?

Typically most internet discussions descend into flaming, I don’t think this benefits anyone on here.

Regardless, I’ll reply to your post seriously, and will re-clarify. Then hopefully we can all have an adult discussion from there.

"Boys, stop! Everything you see is a 5-ar inhibitor" - Nope. My current list includes Finasteride and Citalopram. I’m currently curious about oleic/linoleic acid. This list comfortably leaves 99.99% of things in the world free to consume. Air is currently not on my list.

Ok, so according to your theories we should no longer eat or drink.” - My ‘theory’ is that I may be adding a third substance to my extensive list. Even though the list would increase, this would comfortably allow multiple food and drink options.

It is through posts like these that we lose credibility with the scientific community” - I see this as a thin veil of justification for what comes across as a miserable post.

OK, now I will re-clarify my original post"

I am curious about oleic/linoleic acid because I have started to experience PFS-like effects. Could be a complete coincidence. If I am wrong, no problem, please explain.

I had PFS after taking citalopram in 2011. I lost 20kg of weight. But this isn’t the member story thread, so I’ll move on. Just providing some context.

There are several weak sources suggesting oleic/linoleic acid reduces 5 alpha-reductase. I’ve linked two below

Is this enough to confirm oleic/linoleic acid is bad? Absolutely not.

is this enough to have a small, adult discussion on a relevant forum? I think so. So let’s please have one

Thank you

In my post I didn’t take it with you, but with all those posts where I read that tomatoes, carrots, apples, oranges, etc. are dangerous … Now the oil … I consume quantity of oil of industrial olives (I’m Calabrese) and I’ve never had any problems, in fact, always very high testosterone. If you are pro from Citalopram (an SSRI) most likely yours is a case of PSSD. I don’t want to fight, I didn’t write to you for war. We are all brothers in this immense suffering. Be strong.

P.S.

I’m an SSRI’s victim too. My “venom” was Paroxetine…

Rb26dett, no problem

I completely understand. So many videos online which talk about ‘the new super supplement’ and ‘don’t take x and y’.

I like to keep my testosterone high. I’ve read so many posts about how cabbage increases testosterone. Then others saying it poisons the body lol

So many people these days talking about how one should ‘only eat meat’ or ‘only eat raw vegetables’. hard to find the correct information

We’ve been let down by a lack of objective information. Last month my doctor recommended Propecia (I’m having a hair transplant) and said “Only 2% get side effects. If you stop the medication the side effects stop instantly”. Made me annoyed to hear that. He should read this forum

To get back to the post:

Basically, I’ve started taking Bewel’s Omega 3-6-9 as it has some great claims regarding hair loss prevention. It’s certainly doing something hormonal, as I’m experiencing delayed ejaculation and watery semen (Perhaps too much information, but just want to be clear)

Admittedly I’m just scared it’s going to drag me back into my hell year of 2011, full of weight loss and losing vital male function. Want to make sure others have confirmation that it’s safe, too.

I’m losing all my hair too … But I prefer to be bald and happy, rather than having PFS.

I have a theory that PFS is a prostglandin deficiency, so omega 3 is not helpful in that sense.

What is helpful?

Omega 6 is the raw product of PGs, but I wouldn’t recommend them for the same reason I avoid all PUFA.

Higher cortisol should activate PGD2 receptors, and possibly others to my knowledge, so keto and caffeine maybe.

to be honest I think most supplements can do more harm than good for PFS sufferers… I had worsening of symptoms when I tried to use supplements especially dhea and pregnenolone (had bad crash after stoppig them)