Old_Wolf PFS since 10 april 2012

Welcome to our community. Please fill in the following template as a way of introducing yourself, and helping others to understand your background and situation.

Where are you from (country)? Brazil

How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?) Google

What is your current age, height, weight? 31, 186m, i dont know for now, I’m on a diet

What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)? Finasteride 1mg, Finasteride 5mg, an Tópical Accutane

What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)? 1mg and 5mg for few months

What condition was being treated with the drug? MPB

For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)? 3 years and 4 months

Date when you started the drug? 5 december 2009

Date when you quit the drug? 10 april 2013

Age when you quit? 23

How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)? cold turkey

How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects? since 10 april 2012

What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation? all

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
x Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
x Erectile Dysfunction
x Complete Impotence
x Loss of Morning Erections
x Loss of Spontaneous Erections
x Loss of Nocturnal Erections
x Watery Ejaculate
x Reduced Ejaculate
x Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
x Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
x Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
x Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
x Confusion
x Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
x Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
x Slurring of Speech
x Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
x Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
x Severe Depression / Melancholy
x Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
x Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
x Penis curvature / rotation on axis
x Testicular Pain
x Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
x Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
x Weight Gain
x Gynecomastia (male breasts)
x Muscle Wastage
x Muscle Weakness
x Joint Pain
x Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
x Prostate pain
x Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
x Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
x Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
x Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
x Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
x Hearing loss
x Increased hair loss
x Frequent urination
x Lowered body temperature

Other (please explain):

• Anal Bleeding;
  • Diabetes type 2;

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug? DHEA 50mg, tribulus terrestris and Maca, Prysma for insmonia

If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)? Yes

Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience?
Please, after crash go to DHEA 50 mg!!! It will improve most collaterals, don’t wait!!!

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.
All side effects of PFS

Self-reporting template - ONLY USE FOR FUTURE POSTS TO REPORT ANY TRIALS OF TREATMENTS, NOT YOUR INITIAL MEMBER STORY

1. Name of the therapy/substance: DHEA
  • Dosage: 50MG
  • How often you took it: SINCE SOME DAYS
  1. Status
  • Still using [ x]
  • Stopped with no lasting change to initial symptoms [ ]
  • Stopped with persistent change to symptoms [ ]
  1. Duration of use: Days [ ] Months [ ] Years [ ]
  2. Response when you started:
  • Greatly improved [x ]
  • Slightly improved [ ]
  • Stayed the same [ ]
  • Slightly worsened [ ]
  • Greatly worsened [ ]
  1. Current response (if you’re still using the therapy/substance) OR Response in the time before you stopped the treatment
  • Greatly improved [x ]
  • Slightly improved [ ]
  • Stayed the same [ ]
  • Slightly worsened [ ]
  • Greatly worsened [ ]
  1. Lasting changes to initial symptoms after cessation (if you have stopped for more than 3 weeks)
  • Greatly improved [ ]
  • Slightly improved [ ]
  • Stayed the same [ ]
  • Slightly worsened [ ]
  • Greatly worsened [ ]
2 Likes

Hi @Old_Wolf - welcome to the forum! I’m sorry you haven’t seen much improvement these years. It must’ve been a really difficult journey!

Can you do us a favor and add a reply to this thread with answers to the “new member” questions? (You’ll find it in other member story posts). That way we get a more systematic understanding of where you’re coming from.

As PFS got me, I was so shocked that I made my testament and thought of ending up in the first summer.

My pride was broken. My manhood not existant anymore. My body destroyed.

Now summer past, autumn past, winter is coming and I’m still here. Because of being 59 yo I have to arrange my support with a supervisor and supported living. I have no mom and dad looking for me.

And than there are the young lifes, like yours, living for a decade with this shit. Maybe it’s much easier to live in a family, than to suffer all alone. After years the old self is forgotten more and more. The new sexless and PFS reality becomes the only reality. And than after years you’ll live a PFS life for absolutely real?!

1 Like

i have some improvements with 1500 mg of tribulus terrestris, and now i try this 1500 mg with Maca and yes i have more improvements, its good, but its much far from normality. My case is as serious as possible. Whatever this tribulus is awsome, and can help to reduce the symtomps:

Sex is not much problem to me, my concern is the reduction of neurosteroids has made me “mentally incapable”

I always wondered how was your libido as a 50 yo man before finasteride? Was your libido as good as in your 20’s?

What are the things you tried besides tribulus/maca?

Good to hear man glad you’ve had success with tribulus. It’s certainly one of the things on the list to use

How did it effect your mental sides, certainty and masculinity?

I dont have many problems with libido, my problem is “soft penis” ( no erection), is impossible for me to have spontaneous erections or maintain them. I tried in a post cycle therapy but not solve erection problems. I I have a lot of cognitive, memory and insomnia problems. Full tribulus and Maca are being of great help for all side effects including neurological, but it is not enough, I’m light years away from normality :/. I had 2 crashes with finasteride in 2012 and 2013 with most full serious possible sequelae included diabetes.

When you say insomnia problems - how bad is it after nearly 10 years with this ?

I dont know how am i still alive, it made me diabetic. I am cared for by parents due to crash severities ( all sides effects of propecial help list)!!! I had such severe headaches combined with insomnia that I had episodes of dementia from which I ripped pieces of my face.

That sounds so awful. I feel with you.