OK going to try to fix this, whatcha think?

Second Amendment…thats all part of my theory…low levels of vitamin D = low progesterone. low progesterone causes estrogen dominance…estrogen dominance premotes histamine release.

Propeciashiz- very interesting…no extremely interesting that you had very low vitamin D before propecia. I am going to go out on a limb and say that your progesterone could have possibly been low. Now for others that scream they have high progesterone…cortisol blocks histamine receptors so even in if you test normal to high, your actuall levels can be low.

Dr. Brian Skop:
14815 San Pedro Avenue San Antonio, TX 78232
(210) 493-6824

I don’t think there are many of you in Texas but this idiot’s opinion is that we all have “mania” and are obsessed with our numb penises. He’s a psychiatrist who disregards all facts that Propecia causes any mental problems… Dr. Irwig, Dr. Traish and Dr. Jacobs should all personally write him… and educate him.

It is interesting that you write that. When I saw Dr. John Muhall in Manhattan, he said he could not tell me what PFS was, but he said that many men seem “obsessed with their penis’s” I honestly did not know how to respond to that comment.

I saw Muhall too over a year ago… complete and utter waste of time he doesn’t believe in PFS, even though he respects Dr. Jacobs.

Idiot doesn’t realize the condition effects the entire body.

The only difference is that Skop actually hurt me with his complete lack of knowledge about NOW WIDELY known finasteride side effects. Feel free to write him including copies of Dr. Irwig’s and Dr. Traish’s studies. I would myself but I can’t… would be better coming from other sufferer’s.

Gents:

My 3-Adiol-G 22 months off Finasteride is still in the toilet.

3-Adiol-G: 275 (260-1500) (09/18/2012)

Unbelievable.

What level was your DHEA?

Its always been normal-ish. DHEA isn’t the issue here… androgen metabolism is clearly screwed up along one of the major pathways. And I seriously believe we have 5-alpha reductase auto-antibodies floating around in us causing all this shit…

WE NEED TO FIND A CURE FOR THIS SHIT ASAP!!!

Well guys I’ll still be touch with those you who have my contact info but I have to take a break from my finasteride activities somewhat. I have been trying to push ahead with getting our cause out there so much that it has consumed my life somewhat. It didn’t help that I became so involved with the problem for my past relationship and for my career which I am struggling to rebuild. Gonna step back a bit and try as best I can to “live” for awhile.

I don’t think I can do this much longer. If I do “end it” one of these days I hope you guys have the courage and perseverence to keep going forward. I know its the propecia induced depression talking but I’ve lost my entire life and waiting another 10-20 years for a cure just isn’t worth it to me anymore.

hang in there. Don’t loose hope.

Why? Look at all the attention we have garnered and nothing… I just keep losing.

I’ve alwayd thought of this thread as a personal journal for myself logging everything that has happened to me… my thoughts and feelings throughout the last two years battling this shit. Every small victory preceeded by a larger, personal, defeat.

When my GF kicked me out of the apartment and ended our relationship, two weeks later I was demoted and finally allowed to go back to work. I called her for some emotional support… three days later after no response I got an email from her saying she was dating one of her co-workers and to leave her alone.

Even she who tried to help me through everything eventually turned her back on me and left me. My parents who sit up in NY do nothing. My father who could have been an advocate for me when things were truly bad, instead decided to keep my “condition” private… as if privacy even matters after the things many of us have been through. Nearly everyone in my life close to me has either turned their back on me or done nothing to help me.

The government could have offered me a position that would have only been. $15, 000 pay cut… instead they gave me a job paying less than half what I would have made before. They didn’t demote me because they actually thought I was sick… they didn’t do it because of liability even… they did it to punish me. Why? Because almost no one on earth understands PFS. To them I was just some asshole probably making things up. Also being the only white guy surrounded by 5 hispanic managers probablh didn’t help either.

But in the end still things are what they are. The woman who at one time wanted to marry me is gone, my career has been totally ruined and my junk is still a mess on top of all that. Whatever happens from here on out I hope one day we have some form of redemption granted by the scientific proof that this is a “real” disease.

I relate 100% what you say here. I am also in very bad condition. you are at least responsibility free but I have a family behind me. I don’t know what future holds for me but we have to survive some how. When we are normal and healthy we hold too much expectations. We say things which are not real, not true. when test comes our hypocrisy becomes evident as happened in case of your GF. True friendship or true love demands sacrifice which in present era does not exist at all.
take it as test, true manhood does not mean a big penis and good health only. It is beyond that too.

I don’t know if this is related to the fact you spent a lot of money on stem cell treatment recently and it has done nothing, I wish I had done more to try and dissuade you from this, but this low mood will pass. We don’t know how soon or far away a cure or treatment is as we don’t know what the hell happened, as you correctly said elsewhere if we had the resources to get the best scientists on board we could potentially find out within weeks.

I appreciate the energy you bring here but maybe take a break from it for a while. I don’t think you have particularly bad brain fog, or physical sides like bad fatigue or muscle loss so maybe concentrate on other things like making money or even try and get a girl with low sex drive or asexual if you’re lonely, they do exist out there. Also, if things really are that bad for you and you have nothing to lose you may as well go public with your story somewhere important, which would help us all.

Has little to do with the stem cell treatment. I had the money and am sufferinf bad enough that I would spend it to get fixed unfortunately so far the results have been rather dismal.

Go public with my story? I already have… do you mean blow my brains out in front of Merck HQ when you say going public? That’s a possibility, thou I think I may one last attempt to rectify what is causing me the most misery.

The results are supposed to be dismal immediately afterwards. It takes months to see benefits. I really hope you can hang in there because things get better although I understand when you are feeling crappy it’s hard to feel good about the future

2 weeks after my therapy I fell into a bit of a rut too where I had some days that were so unbelievably bad I don’t know how I got through them. If you can make it to the six week mark you should start improving again and then there is another bump at month three

BP please don’t talk about ending. you know some of us (including myself) are walking on a very thin line and just a slight push can make us go to an unpleasant end. Just pray to God to help us.

I’m the same way man. What are we suppose to fucking do thou? Life is passing me by…

Seems I haven’t posted on my own thread in 8 years. Since I don’t come on here much anymore, although I do actively pay attention to developments in the PFS community, I thought I might talk about some things.

I saw mention a few months ago of someone saying “people have recovered via meditation”. I think he may have been referring to me. I did not recover via meditation, simply a combination of meditation, diet, exercise and supplements have made dealing with PFS considerably easier. As has not focusing so much on it, however this is extraordinarily difficult especially for new PFS guys and guys who get a really bad case of it like I did.

I am certain PFS does alter aspects of the physical neurological structure of the brain. Specially related to the left hemisphere, portions of the brain that control emotional strength and emotional regulation, No surprises there, since what 5 AR inhibitors do is feminize you. Of course this amplifies depression, anxiety and other aspects of the weak psyche. It also however appears to impact the entire nervous system through the same mechanisms. Affecting your sexual response and overall energy levels and such. None of this is surprising to anyone whose been here. We know we are dealing with an altered hormonal state that impacts the nervous system and various organs and systems.

I see there are several interesting theories on here now about the mechanisms by which the androgen receptor is impacted, epigenetic changes and such that cause the cascade effects on the body and mind. I have found ways to specifically mitigate the cognitive side effects by using meditation and focusing myself. I do however still have the condition to a considerable extent even though my side effects overall have noticeably improved over the years.

I haven’t been on here in so long. I don’t know any of the new guys… I don’t know if there have been anymore suicides or not. Several guys I know from way back have also moved on somewhat and many improved considerably but like me they still have PFS. Some even went on to have families and children including myself.

For me the biggest complaint now are the sexual side effects, lack of energy/drive and the toll PFS seems to be having on my body overall. Liver problems and back problems seem to be exacerbated by the hormonal effects of PFS. I can’t seem to recover like I used to. Yes getting older is some of that but not to this extent. My grandfathers can still get around in their late 80’s and 90’s but my back pain is so bad at times I use a cane at 37. My sexual side effects are controllable to some extent. It seems it varies considerably by the day.

I hope I can live to see a day when I can at least experience part of my life again feeling at least somewhat like I used to. Its been now 9 years since I first found this website and we’ve made progress but still no closer to finding a cure or treatment. As I said years ago however, if they keep selling this crap, people are going to keep getting hurt and eventually they will have to face the truth about what this poison does to people.

Good luck and maybe I’ll check back in sometime in the future.

8 Likes

you mentioned liver here. What makes you think that liver is involved?
I see PFS as liver’s dysfunction. There are many concrete indicators which point at liver.