Nystatin

Because Nystatin is a potent pro-inflammatory drug. Intravenous infusion results in chills, fever, and thrombophlebitis. (see ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1196261/) Never heard anyone mention anything like that!

So, not only does Xhorndog’s argument rely on a large number of yet-to-be-made medical discoveries which will “become part of the accepted textbooks 20-50 years later”.

But his argument also relies on already established but inconvenient facts not being true.

In fact every argument in favour of ‘pathogens’ relies on some logical fallacy or false deduction.

Its ridiculous. Its for time wasters and fantasists.

I never claimed that Nystatin went into the blood stream. Or that there was yeast in the pudendal nerve tissues. So your argument and citation is bullshit designed to confuse. Since you stated that Nystatin is not absorbed into the bloodstream, citing a paper testing it’s pro-inflammatory nature when infused into blood is horse kaka. Another straw man argument from Straw Man University; there are quite a few graduates on this forum, it appears.

Point was that treating gut yeast (Nyastatin’s indicated use) had a positive outcome in other areas of the body (facial skin and scalp, erectile function). Hence the argument that treating infections in one organ can allow other, seemingly unrelated body systems to repair and come online. One can only speculate as to what else lurking in tissues throughout the body. Sick people with all manner of disease and symptoms can have pathogenic organisms, but PFS patients are sterile and uniquely exempted from having anything other than strict androgen deprivation symptoms, eh? Interesting belief.

You conveniently ignored the part about the prostate. I guess pathogens in that organ are acceptable to you.

I also never claimed that Nystatin was curative or that I had miraculous results or held the recipe for PFS reversal in my hands. Only that there were tangible improvements reported from many PFSers using polyene antifungals and related anti-pathogenic strategies. Additionally, proteolytic enzymes (biofilm busters) and OTC antimicrobials were equally effective / potentiated lower Nystatin use which was doing nothing significant alone.

My contention is not that PFS is one big yeast infection, it’s that possibly, outstanding infections are responsible for ongoing inflammation which does not allow tissue repair, hence why a subset of us cannot recover. In this light, opening one’s mind to the incredible revelations stemming from inquiry into the human metagenome/microbiome and the effects that pathogens have on DNA expression and human health are worthy endeavors.

If you want to misrepresent my thought process, cherry pick statements and just mock me for putting forth ideas, that’s fine, that just reveals what you’re made of.

Misrepresent your “thought process”?

The “thought process” which involves reading about fashionable alternative medical problems like ‘leaky gut’, ‘adrenal fatigue’ and then trying endlessly to apply them to finasteride side effects?

The same “thought process” which STILL doesnt explain how nystatin works, but doesnt stop the invention of three or four brand new illnesses all of which have been missed by science?

Never.

Osc–please go on record and explain to us what Nystatin does that makes us feel better? What did Nystatin do to IHP? Thank you.

I dont know. But you guys obviously dont have much credibility.

I see. When referring to finasteride’s mode of action, you and your cronies reference the main purported action.

When discussing Nystatin, the same standard does not apply.

Interesting “thought process”, Oscar.

Let’s attempt another foray into logic, shall we?

All finasteride raises estrogen.

Elevated estrogen weakens the immune system.

Therefore finasteride weakens the immune system.

If you disagree with this conclusion, then you must disagree with one of the stated premises. If you disagree with one of the stated premises, then you have just illustrated your “credibility.”

2 Likes

Actually its well established estrogens are immunoenhancing not immunosuppressive.

how can you claim fin always increases Estrogen. There are many with normal level of Estrogen for example viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4933 , mine is low normal. Yes you can say if you try to increase T level it converts to Estrogen faster now.

Estrogen increases while on the drug striken, it’s a fact.

I have an inflammation in the left side of my abdomen and around the prostate. When it was treated by cipro and cortef, i recovered. It was a temporary recovery, but it was a full recovery. The reason of inflammation is unknown. I have no idea how could finasteride cause this nor can any doctor explain it, but It happened because of finasteride. The inflammation blocks the blood flow and blocks the nerve signal because of compression. I assure you that this is the root cause of our problems.

hey, the infammation is caused by the lak of androgen action on the cells. Without any proper reaction and the androgen singanlling some cells arend working normal anymore and are dieing. This is called a abakterial inflammation. You even find many Androgenrezeptors on the nerves and as Fin blocks mostly 5AR2 which is highly expresst in the prostatat tissu the are the most Problems when DHT comes back to the body. The root of the Problem is not the Prostataitself, it is the lack of androgen action. For some people it seems to work, raising the androgen levels, for the most part not, it might be because this is a nystatin treat, that it raises the action of 5AR without raising estrogens. 3a-diol-g is very important as a product of DHT to protecct the cells of estrogen action. Some People, tryed Pycnogenol that is also knowen, for raising the action of 5AR. But these things dont work as strong as DHT supl. it realy slowly raises it by time, so that the cells MAY BE, have a chance to recover their response to the androgens.

what about hormonal imbalance causing inflammation? isn’t inflammation when your body goes into a immune responsive state protecting the effected area? 5ar2 - i got red balls,scalp,painful liver? is it possible when your body is in this state, its struggles to raise androgens initially. When is in this state the first thing to go is your digestive system, am i right? cause i know for sure my digestion is horrible atm.

Cheers,

I’m in full agreement with you.

Excerpt from attached paper entitled “Autodisease and the human metagenome”

It is now more prudent to assume that tissues that become inflamed in disease most probably do so because of the actions of microscopic pathogens, rather than idiopathic causation. Different microbial populations have been identified in many non-gastrointestinal autoimmune conditions including sarcoidosis,22 ankylosing spondylitis,23 and chronic fatigue syndrome, 24 rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, and others25. These diseases share features of microbial infection including widespread inflammation and periods of relapse. Sarcoidosis and Crohn’s disease are characterized by granuloma. In more than a dozen infectious diseases, granuloma is widely acknowledged to be a host- protective structure and to occur when acute inflammatory processes cannot destroy invading agents.26

Again, once you appreciate that the endocrine and immune systems are tightly wound, it opens up a world of theoretical possibilities. Why do PFS patients present so commonly with inflammatory and infectious symptoms and test markers? Is not finasteride an immuno-suppressant by virtue of its hormonal effects?
Autoimmune disease and the human metagenome Chapter.pdf (1.12 MB)

Brainbug – or anyone who understands this material – what does this actually mean? Can you summarize in bullet points?

many of us have reported to have got shingles after stopping fin which is caused by weak immune system.

This may be a stupid question, I’m in full agreement that there is some form of inflammation or something funky going on in our blood. But how will this balance our hormones, by giving our body the chance to recover?

health.nytimes.com/health/guides/disease/malabsorption/overview.html ?

I need to buy nystatin tablets in Brazil, anyone have a suggestion? please
I find only in liquid, want to continue the treatment but need it to improve.

Are there updates to others trying Nystatin and treating their symptoms as gut/bacteria/pathogen related?

I tired Nystatin for a month 3X per day and noticed morning erections returning after about 11 days on it, and it felt easier to get erections overall.

What are other experiences at the moment?

I have no idea how Nystatin seems to help, although I’m far from recovery I’d be interested in anyone else who’s treating this from a gut/fungus/bacteria angle.