NYC PFS Meet Up

Hi guys,

As I mentioned on the other thread, I’d like to propose that NYC PFS patients hold a meet up. Even if you feel you are doing OK and don’t need to, you will be able to support some other guys who really need help.

Is there any interest out there for people do this kind of thing in NYC? I’m thinking we could hold our first one on a Saturday in October at a bar or maybe a park. Somewhere we can keep things confidential but is easy to access.

I have met a couple of people affected by PFS in real life and it is uncomfortable initially but it gets better. When you are talking to people that have experienced the same challenges in real life, you find out it is easier to relate.

I’m thinking this could be helpful for the guys who are really struggling. We have recently lost a couple people and I think meet ups could help prevent that.

This may not be the right time to hold an event like this, but I want to people to know this type of thing could be available.

I’m in NYC and would love to. I know that there are 35 PFS patients in NYC that are in touch with the foundation and we could probably get event info out to them through it too.

I live in nyc. Might be interested

Guys, I’m 5 years post crash and doing great, The 90% of my old self, I am going to post soon my experiences but I would def meet up in a group setting. I can give you guys some real hope!!!

1 Like

Glad to hear you’ve recovered Finatruth, but I think this is geared toward sufferers and not people who’ve recovered.

This is a good point worth discussing. I see some value in former sufferers attending because they will still be able to understand what current patients are experiencing. They will potentially be able to share insights that helped them recover. I am potentially open to having recovered people come as long as they are sensitive to others and not pushing some miracle cure. If people speak from experience and don’t dogmatically tell everybody else what will work from them, I feel this would be fine.

There used to be a guy JustQuitDut who worked in the anti-aging industry and made the rounds on this forum. He kept pushing different treatments on others before actually experiencing any benefits himself. He behaved like a crackpot and is the kind of person we’d like to avoid inviting. One thing worth mentioning, you can be totally correct about something but if you are ineffective at persuading others you will be perceived as a crackpot and will only introduce more chaos.

I think this meet up should be a setting that fosters discussion rather than debate and argumentation.

Lol it’s not for me bc I’m better? Come on, it’s about insight and coping skills. Well if you don’t want me I won’t go. Honestly my life is normal again, strong directions, sexual all the time, hot girlfriend etc. I don’t need this place anymore, but I’m always willing to help. And I’ll say this, if they ever show what’s wrong I think I’ll be right about it

I too don’t understand this. Anytime I’ve mentioned making good progress toward recovery myself and anytime you or another recovered sufferer (Cdnuts, English, Mitch, Chi, etc.) post this, it’s almost as if people are antagonized and lash out that you’re no longer welcome or your ideas aren’t welcome.

Why is there a negative theme towards recovery? Is it because it takes hard work to speed up or a long time to recover? There’s a whole forum full of recovery protocols and people would almost rather spend more time proving them wrong or proving how it can’t work, than giving them a fair shot (at least 6+ months of knocking it out of the park consistency), and I don’t get it at all. It’s an absolutely shit mindset and isn’t going to help anyone at all. I think this is why some disappear from the site and never come back to post recoveries, which gives everyone else who’s new to this a really bleak outlook.

Considering the event is geared towards discussing recovery, that’s a bit of an asinine claim to make. I was mainly going off frustrated’s comment in the other thread that such an event could help out people who are suffering badly, or something like that. Seemed to imply/suggest that the event might be for sufferers only - obviously I could have been wrong.

I sort of get it, I was miserable for years, fought with people on this sight, couldn’t see the light at the end of the tunnel, didn’t feel human or masculine for years so i get it. Personally I chose to believe the recovery stories bc they were all very similar with regards to time being the common denominator. So hang in there everyone, mark 6 years on your calendar and then thank me. It takes a long time to get better, it’s a long and shitty road, trust me I know. But you will turn the corner eventually.

Maybe we should split these meetups into different groups. Those who who are interested in discussing potential treatments and recovery methods can meet in one group.

The other group can be those looking to talk about how to live their lives from day to day. There can be overlap of course, but the goals need to be set clearly.

For the guys who say they have recovered, it would be a good idea to meet and compare notes. Out of the many treatments people have tried, hopefully we’ll find an overlap of a few that will be most likely to benefit other members on the forum.

I’m just kind of brainstorming here but I feel like there’s potential to continue building out the community in productive ways.

Hello guys,

I am really new to this group. I quit finesteride 2 years back. I had PFS symptoms. I am really feeling frustrated of my life. I saw some of the posts here and i am feeling hopeful. Can any of you guys please help to recover. I a currently living in hartford, CT. I would really appreciate if we have a meet and discuss.That would really help me to get some hope.

Thanks,
Dinesh

Did you guys ever end up meeting? I’m down to meet up if you guys are still interested

1 Like