NYC doctors

Has anyone located in NYC had success with any NYC doctors? I know of Alan Jacobs but has he actually helped anyone for recovery? I’ve been hit really hard with this (was on Finasteride for only a month) and have had significant cognitive, sexual and physical side effects since . Looking for support locally.

Finatruth I tried to send you a message but I’m new and wasn’t allowed to PM. Would love to get in contact with anyone locally to talk to and go over treatments with doctors here that have helped.

The only docs worth seeing are pfs docs. Everyone else will look at you like a crazy person based on my own experience. You can try TRT or a HPTA restart. If it works, great. If it doesnt, then you’re in it for the long haul

Thanks I’ve read through a lot of stuff and I am trying to get the right approach. Have you had any success so far with symptoms / issues? Are you seeing Jacobs in NYC?

nailedbyfin, did you end up seeing Dr. Jacobs? I too live in the NYC area and have been considering seeing him. People on the forum who have visited him don’t have amazing results to report, but then again I haven’t seen any doctor mentioned who has been significantly recovering their patients.
I just think its time for me to see a doctor. If not for recovery, then at least just to understand the situation as a whole. There is so much talk on these boards about drugs like clomid, armidex, TRT treatments, testosterone propainete etc. that I just have no idea what they are or what they do. I’d like to get a real grasp of what people are trying here before I try it myself.

I obviously don’t wanna do anything to make matters worse, but I gotta try something. Its been almost 6 years. My 20s are almost over. And as encouraging as the Bayor and Harvard studies are, it doesn’t look like we’ll be getting results for another couple of years.

Jacobs is a scammer. $650 for clomid and an AI. They are willing to see us, but they don’t know the route cause of PFS like anyone else, so their opinions are non-medical opinions really based on the same information we have access to. I’d avoid him. The scam continues from Merck to doctors like him.

1 Like

I don’t trust Jacbos either he put together a survey a few years ago which tried to imply PFS was a mental disorder.

1 Like

Yeah we are learning the hard way how our medical system truly works.

1 Like