NumbDuck story - 95% recovered after 7 years

I have a story for you for sure. But yes, i have had numbness on backside of penis below glans and in my ballsack for 14 months now. Even in the perineum area which has also atrophied a ton. Some pelvic floor weakness in that area. Disrupted ejaculation and a lot less ejaculate, like 2/3 probably, No loss of libido at all though, and erections are harder to get but still possible. Works fine with ED meds for sure. Sometimes it is colder and seems to be more numb in the mornings and yes after jerking off it is more numb. Some days it seems like its getting better, but I know it is just my body losing muscle memory and centralizing probably.

I just felt compelled to update you, this is the least I can do for this community that I have been following for over a decade.

I am 10years out. The situation has improved further since my last post. There are very few things that can set me back now. I can drink copious amount of green tea without problem. Mint gives me somehing of mild numbness, but goes away in a day. I like mint, I don’t shy away from it . I think I become more assertive about it — not afraid of the symptoms, which no doubt helped.

Also PE has improved since my last post.

I might not be the best to provide an advise since it took 7 years for me to feel almost normal, and a few more to 100% forget about it. But the few things that helped are mentioned in my earlier post:

• carbs were definitely a problem. I think it is bad for a lot of things, my belly says.
  • there are some chemicals that you might be using that are giving you setbacks, perhaps on a daily basis, and you are not aware. For example, make sure to avoid Paraben. This one would give me problem even 7 years out, and I was not aware I was using it on a daily basis (moisturizer, etc). There is no downside to avoiding paraben, except slightly more expensive products.
  • See the type of foods that tend to trigger sx for people. E.g. mint, green tea, coffee, pampkins, i forgot the list.
  • exercising the legs definitely helps with libido, up until today. In the first year it did not work that way, but later on it did. In fact, up to today, if I want to be real horny, that is what I do. It is now automatic. I can be more horny than a woman in her 30s, everyday, if I want. But I don’t want that.

and if you are young consider becoming an MD. This world needs smart and compassionate MDs/researchers.

Anti-depressants
I know some of us avoided anti-depressants — despite our depression — because of potential side effects. FYI: I tried Lamotrigine, modafinil, bupropion, mirtazapine and all were fine.

Finally, I want to say two things that are not contradictory:

1. PFS is real. I was not producing sebum/earwax (now I am). less sweating. Women told me my smell has changed remarkably to the worst (women don’t shy away from saying this that demoralize you).

2. Consider reading John Sarno, MD. I used to suffer from CPPS. Gone. I used to suffer from daily headache. Gone. I used to have frequent back pain/neck pain, go to PT/chiro frequently. I did not have such pain in 3 years. Not a single hour of back pain despite long drives, lifting, etc. It sounds unbelievable, but true.
    The fact that a physical condition is real and exist does not mean it cannot improve with a mind-body approach. There is no one on earth that I am more grateful to than Dr Sarno. I suspect that fear, to a great extent, contributed to the “hard flaccid” part in the first 6 months of this terrible experience back 10 years ago.

It took 3 weeks for Sarno’s approach to work, just as he predicted.

I will check in once in a while and hope that next time, I read “the Cure is finally here!”

Warm wishes
SensitiveDuck

2 Likes

Even though I’m 4 years in without significant improvements, these posts give me so much strength and hope to keep on pushing.
Thank you very much for coming back every once in a while and sharing your thoughts.

Numb duck- how many years or how long did it take before ear wax and sweat and Oil returned each?