Normal T level and very high DHT?

Hey everyone,

Today I just hit 3 yr mark with pfs. I took fin about a year and dropped it in Feb 2018 after pfs got me.

My symtops are mostly all of pfs.
Penile numbness, testicle pain, no morning wood, low ejac volume, difficulty to achieve orgasm, a bit of brain fog, and the list goes on. No significant improvement in any of it despite 3 yr time.

I did a blood test about a year ago and I got healthy(normal) T level but very high DHT. Rest of the (relevant) hormones were within normal range.

I’m not here to discuss or focus on the numbers but wanted to know if any of you out there also have/had unusally high DHT number, that is, almost-off-limit high.
FYI: prior to my pfs, my DHT was normal, unlike what i have today

I know it’s stupid but I read some post some time ago in a hair loss community that some dudes who suffered pfs got better by going back to taking finasteride for at least 3-6 months. And after they started feeling “normal” and better, and their body got used to it, they dropped fin and are now living normal life.

I know it sounds crazy and hard to believe since what we are trying to do is to get cured from the poison, not stuffing it again into our system. And there is no proof if their story is even true since it’s just a random post on the internet.

But given the desperateness I’m in, I couldn’t help but think about it for some time: maybe if I took finasteride again, it’ll put my incredibly high DHT level back to “normal” and the body will try going back to its original state.

The risk is that it may worsen the condition, and that’s the main reason why I couldn’t even dare trying it. But at least I thought of asking you guys out there if you’ve heard of anything like this.

So summarizing:

1. What could be the reason behind very high DHT? (and why doesnt my body seem to respond to it?

2. Do you know anyone who may have tried this crazy method of re-taking finasteride and got better?

Thanks for your time and hope we all beat pfs soon!

What are ur exact levels of e2 and progesterone?

1. Probably ur receptors are overexpressed, we all have it. In short, our hormones are not attaching to the receptors the way it should.

2. How can u even ask this question !! Taking back finasteride will be the last mistake of ur life. Ur present managable condition will be destroyed. Those fucking hairloss forums are filled with extreme self esteem issues, some of them are taking birth control pills and high dose spironolactone just for some hair, don’t trust whatever they say. Finasteride is a very potent drug which does unknown mechanisms and it even crosses the blood brain barrier.

1 Like

Man, if you’re considering going back on it, I don’t think we witnessed the same crash. I was physically and mentally crippled the first month and I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy!

I am not a medical expert and I recently got PFS so I can’t really help more. Hope you get better man

I’m away from home and don’t have the test with me, so can’t look it up now… Tho I went over it briefly with the endocrinologist before he literally just sent me out cuz he didn’t believe PFS was real (a real shame). all he would say is that I have all hormones normal apart form pointing out my DHT was very high for “some reason” he couldn’t know. When I asked if that could cause my body problem, he said no. Didn’t mention it in my post cuz I didn’t wanna think about my unpleasant and miserable experience with doctors who don’t even listen to your patient bc PFS is psychogenic for them.

Anyways, I guess you are damn right… Thanks for answering it with real concern. Like everyone else on this forum, I’m just too desperate and now I’m even failing to think reasonably on this matter. If not for you, I would’ve probably tried to get that poison again in my own delusion.

So going back to 1)* I’ve seen a lot of people mentioning what you said, that “hormones are failing to attach to the receptors”. What are the things people on this forum are trying out to tackle this issue? Any successful case that you may heard of?

Thank you for your time again

1 Like

Going to doctors can be a very bad experience, i too had it, a doc even told my father to go get him some psychiatrist. These so called docs are useless, although there are some good docs who atleast knows that pfs exist. Just check on pfs foundation website. https://www.pfsfoundation.org/pfs-medical-professionals/

I really don’t know how to tackle this, some people try some powerful steroids like trestolone or something else which may work for them but may worsen others. And we have people who get really bad by introducing more androgens to body…like trt, proviron etc;. Then there was a case who took 8 tabs proviron a day for 7 weeks inorder to reduce his receptor sensitivity. I have not read any solid proof of pfs case recovering from suppliments anyway. The bottomline is, none of these treatments has any proof to cure u. It’s just people shooting in dark that is getting them better or worse. There’s still ongoing research on this condition hence there’s no other way but to wait it out.

Meanwhile u can fill out the survey. It will help the researchers. Plz do.

1 Like

@Reborns I took fin on and off for nigh on 17 years so in effect I was actually doing what youre considering. I obviously didn’t know about PFS until year 17. Over the years I felt terrible and at breaking point many times with no answers. However I did have periods of very good health, strength, wellbeing etc. But over the long term I only deteriated and continued to develop more symptoms with the levels of severity increasing. The last 3 years have been incomprehensible as it feels like every single part of me is under attack. Out of desperation I’ve often thought about re starting fi with having no other options. But when I looked at things objectively everything only points to worsening and even an acceleration in damage. It may buy me a narrow window of improvement but at what cost!!! My advice would be to stay well away and to try to accept where you are. I know it’s tough but try to focus on what you have. Best of luck

1 Like