No research listed on PFS Foundation website

I just perused the PFS Foundation website and under the Research Initiatives tab the only item listed was Sage Therapeutics allopregnanolone and allopregnanolone analogue SAGE-217. I couldn’t find anything on current research being funded by the foundation. Did we give up on Baylor? What about the research being done in Italy? I looked under all the tabs but maybe I missed it somewhere. Maybe the foundation is not advertising what research they are funding due to concerns of interference from Merck?

4 Likes

Yes, it would be much appreciated if the foundation communicates more about the studies and the current goals.

5 Likes

We seem to adrift now. The initial three studies the Foundation funded are either completed or abandoned. As far as I know Italy still has a study ongoing. People are hesitant to contribute to the Foundation without knowing what the money is going for. If we had some type of road map that we knew we were following, with funding drives along the way to pay for the research, people would gladly contribute. It would be nice if one of the admins would fill us in on the current state of pfs research.

3 Likes

We are to die in this condiction.

Baylor part 2 hasn’t been published yet

It’s 20 yrs pfs s a real problem… And in this time what a change nothing… Sometimes a science community speak about this problem… And after… What a change nothing… If you a Ed take a cilias… And after… For all problem that pfs make… Nothing… You don’t take a antidepressiv no antibiotics… You don’t take nothing… The life is a very changed and we are in this situation make a nothing. We are to died in this condiction.

Baylor Part 2 is something like 7 years overdue. I’m not sure that would be considered an actual research initiative now. At this point we should just give up on Baylor Part 2, find another organization to perform the research, and start over. We are not gaining anything by waiting year after year for something that is obvious we will never receive. If we do receive something from Baylor it will be some type of boilerplate that will be delivered only to get Baylor off the hook from their responsibilities.