no pump in the gym

hy guys, with pfs i don’t be able to achieve a pump in my muscle when i go to the gym, doesn’t matter how i’m working out, my muscles doesn’t fill of blood, and for this reason i can’t put muscles, how this can be possible ? can be related to low cortisol and adrenal insufficensy ? i have saliva cortisol in the low range, but still in range, my tsh is 3,6 and the maximum range is 4, but how this is possible ? Any ideas ? I see that other members on this forum have had the same issue, but i can’t see how they recovered from this sides effect

I’ve seen a few posters mention reduced muscle pump when exercising. Muscle pump is controlled by vasodilation.

In skeletal muscle, a couple of things influence that:

[i]SKELETAL MUSCLE: As a skeletal muscle makes the transition from relaxed to maximum exercise, the blood flow can increase by up to approximately 20 times. There are two factors at work here. At rest, sympathetic nerves constrict the arterioles in muscle. Then as exercise begins, this effect is removed and some vasodilation occurs.

Epinephrine, acting on beta-2 receptors, also can cause vasodilation in skeletal muscle during exercise.

But the greatest subsequent vasodilation is due to local chemical factors . These are changes that occur during exercise in the extracellular fluid surrounding skeletal muscle cells. Such changes occur naturally as the cells consume more energy; in other words, the effect occurs automatically as a muscle exercises and only in the specific muscles working. The brain does not need to get involved in trying to adjust blood flow to the correct muscles. It happens automatically through this local mechanism.

One of these local chemical effects is an increase in extracellular K+.[/i]

courses.washington.edu/conj/heart/arterioles.htm

There is a natural tonicity in the smooth muscle of arteries/arterioles within skeletal muscle that is supplied by the sympathetic nervous system. When you exercise, that tonicity is supposed to relax so that the blood vessels can dilate and engorge the muscle with blood. I am wondering if this is another case of the sympathetic nervous system failing to relax.

There are a couple of other things that affect muscle pump. Apparently epinephrine acting on beta-2 receptors and extracellular potassium.

I think this condition ir related to adrenal insufficensy and too low cortisol, is similar to overtraining, years ago i overtrained and i wasn’t unable to achieve a pump, also other two members have had this issue abd i skoked with them and both have had adrenal insufficensy

PFS is too unique to be a problem with a single endocrine gland. That’s why I think most of the hormonal problems are just symptoms and not causes.

That is very true but no one has hit the root cause and even if they do it may not be fixable. In the mean time I would get your cortisol checked. That’s my next step as well.

I checked my cortisol with an acth stimulation, sorry i made a mistake, everything is fine, no hope

is safe take this drug ? And are you 100% sure that can fix the inability to feel the pump ?

I totally agree with the Adrenal Fatigue being a factor. I’m currently about 90% recovered, lost my belly fat and love handles and putting on muscle. Went from 38" waist to 33".

It’s been mentioned on this board before, but look up Dr. Wilson online regarding adrenal fatigue. I bought his book and supplements which I highly recommend. The book is cheaper on Amazon.

http://www.adrenalfatigue.org/

It might be cortisol and it might be not. My cortisol levels are twice above the reference and I still get that. You need a more comprehensive hormonal profile test to be sure of that.