No pleasure when orgasming -- i have a theory

My symptom is where i have no pleasure an my orgasm. If anyone else has this symptom please please get a rectum ultrascan ya i know it sucks, but they found a small cyst on my ejaculatory duct and told me it is not related to my problem. This very well could be true, but if someone else has my symptoms and gets an ultra sound and they find a cyst in them as well. Then we got an answer.

that wouldnt really explain lack of sex drive, brain fog, etc. i think it is simply coincidental.

Answer to what? No pleasure when you orgasm?

Pleasurable sensation from orgasms start in the mind with neurotransmitters like dopamine… but ultimately involve other bodily systems and receptors. Of course, the prostate is a major center for sexual function and Finasteride destroys that, so that’s also likely part of the problem.

To learn more, have a read… especially sections 10 and 11:

books.google.ca/books?id=2As5NR2 … q=&f=false

Agreed. While it may have relevance to an ejaculatory dysfunction problem (ie, disrupting the proper flow of fluid), this has nothing to do with libido, muscle atrophy, brain fog, memory impairment etc.

I’d take the doc’s advice and look for alternative avenues to explore, especially considering the above.

i dont have brain fog are lack of sex drive and my prostate looks completely healthy.

I have noticed an inability to feel joy or pleasure when doing anything. It’s like something is blocking me from experiencing the full range of emotions. It’s not just sexual pleasure I can’t feel. I can’t feel pleasure or joy about anything.

Zombie life. I have this too, sometimes it lets up a bit but mostly I just wonder what the fuck am I doing and is this all life has to offer…

Stress?

No, just part of what this drug has done to our minds. I know you guys don’t want to hear it, but the only thing that got rid of this for me and brought my personality back was fasting and raw food.

When in this state it’s like I couldn’t even be bothered talking to people because I would just stare at them blankely, with no emotion behind my eyes what so ever. I know it threw off a weird vibe, but that’s what I was feelling inside, nothing. This came across in my conversations with people. I also too had wondered whats the point when I couldn’t get pleasre from the simple things in life. Sitting outside on a nice day, watching a movie, talking with friends. I got no pleasure at all. I was completey dead inside.

me too, have you tried anything to minimize this? im desperate to fix this problem

I wonder how we would go about getting one of these :

"Scientists are developing an electronic ‘sex chip’ that works by stimulating the pleasure centres in the brain. The technology, which creates tiny shocks deep in the brain, has already been used in America to treat Parkinson’s disease.

Now researchers are focusing on the orbitofrontal cortex, which is associated with feelings of pleasure caused by eating and sex.

A research survey conducted by Morten Kringelbach, a fellow at Oxford University, found the orbitofrontal cortex could be a ‘new stimulation target’ to help people with anhedonia - an inability to experience pleasure from such activities.

His colleague Professor Tipu Aziz said: 'There is evidence that this chip will work.

A few years ago a scientist implanted such a device into the brain of a woman with a low sex drive and turned her into a very sexually active woman. She didn’t like the sudden change, so the wiring in her head was removed."

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ … tists.html

I wish I could give you some advice on how to fix this. The only thing that keeps me going is hope for a cure. I hope that tomorrow there will be some breakthrough and I can get on with my life.

I think this statment pretty much sums up what it’s like to be a post propecia sufferer. I just want to feel excited to be alive again.

Voice, I too have very little sensation of orgasm - sometimes I have to ask my woman to let me know . . . . . Recall that Irwig’s initial announcement was that he had seen several patients with anorgasmia subsequent to finasteride.

I have recently changed my rating system to differentiate between what can be felt down below and what occrs in the brain. With a double dose of sublingual oxytocin (which is a 5AR2 activity enhancer) the sensations upstairs do strengthen somewhat.

To your point, I recently had a testicular ultrasound to check for testicular tumor(s). This was because some tumors are inhibin secreting - inhibin suppresses FSH which reduces sperm production which (I think) may be part of the problem downstairs - the 5AR2/mylien sheath attack may also be a part of it.

Anyhow, I do not have cancer, but they did find an epididymal cyst (spermatocele). Would need to dig up the report but I think its near the tube that channels sperm from the testicle to the penis. Really not sure of the implications of all this yet . . . . most sites call these things benign and people don’t remove them unless they become large/uncomfortable. Is this what you have?

I do think any of us with FSH < 3 should have inhibin B tested - I think it will become a common factor just like adiol-G. Mew maybe we could start a Sticky for this later purpose.

So this means you can go on having sex after orgasming?

Hi. I’m a member of a different forum - ejaculatoryanhedonia.com. We ejaculate, but we don’t have orgasms when we do. I think it is genetic for many of us (probably me), though others attribute onset to ssri use.

We’ve come across ejaculatory duct obstruction before, and claims that treatment for it has been known to cure ejaculatory anhedonia, though I believe that was an anecdotal report of a doctor. I think one of our members actually was diagnosed with EDO.Look up EDO and you should be able to find references to treatment for it.

I love how doctors claim they can rule out potential causes, when they have no idea what the cause could be. I would ask them how they know that a cyst in your ejaculatory duct could not effect your ejaculatory and orgasmic reflexes.

I was wondering if you ever had anything done about your cyst, and if your orgasms are any better.

Hey I clicked the link and it does not load has the forum been removed?

How’s everything going it’s been 13 years are you still feeling like this?

I still have pfs
Not much has changed in 13 years

Thanks for the update, I’m going on a year now and still trying to cope with what i have lost.
How long did you take Finasteride for?

Have you tried anything in particular to reverse the side effects?