NMDA receptor hypofunction?

So you are on the tianeptine and sarcosine and discontinuing the D-Serine?

I was unaware that D-Serine had safety concerns. I took D-Serine for 64 days straight recently. Next time I’ll know to be more careful with it

Apparently glycine modulates excitatory signals in the brain. I know you mentioned glycine in your opening post but did ever try glycine?

I think that if I had a classic case of hpa axis dysregulation I would see more evidence of it in my labs. I’m inclined to think silentpain89 is on the right path. But I’m only basing my opinion off my own experience

been taking magnesuim threnoate for only 5 days it makes sleep so much better and can feel some more energy.

but it also has dried out my skin and made it a weird soft feeling on face … almost like when you took ketamine in your first post it increased your skin numbness. it has a definite effect on something regarding skin .

will carry on for a full month as the best results were seen at 21+ days mark

1 Like

magnesuim has always been a game changer for my sleep along with glycine. The combo gives me dry eyes but I don’t care. I just use eye drops twice per day

1 Like

Any updates? @silentpain89

Still at 20%…Way better than before in all aspects, but still miles away from any recovery…

3 Likes

That’s good that you kept some gains

Have you trialed the tianeptine and Sarcosine again since the last time you took it? How many “cycles” of tianeptine and sarcosine did you do?

I know you said the D-Serine is bad for the kidneys so you stopped so I’m assuming you have not taken this again…?

I was just reading about how the glutamate receptors require glycine as a co agonist for glutamate to even bind to the NMDA receptors. I read that glycine “opens” the NMDA receptors in order for glutamate to bind to them

I wonder how you would respond to glycine…

Also maybe a logical protocol for those us on this GABA/GLUTAMATE imbalance path would be to take tianeptine like you already seen benefits from for glutamate/NMDA receptor modulation and Bacopa for GABA receptor modulation per thisisarealbummer . Both at the same time in hopes that the NMDA and GABA receptors could “balance out” if this is our problem.

1 Like

You mentioned high kyurenic acid I have extremely low kyurenic acid and high allo in urine with low glutamate and gaba.

I have anhedonia
Bad tinnitus and hyperacusis
Depression
Feeling drugged and gassed in the morning
Head pressure
Etc etc…

Maybe my results may be of interest to you

2 Likes

Interesting…

So your the 6th person with either higher reference range urine Allopregnanolone or flagged high Allopregnanolone. Out of the 6th tests I have organized you are the only one with low 3a-diol.

You are the 6th person with either low range glutamate or flagged low glutamate.

You are the 1st out of 6th people to not have flagged high testosterone. However you are the 6th to have flagged high DHT.

What’s most compelling about your results is that you have flagged high epi-testosterone just like the 6th other people. Your high epi testosterone is of the most interest out of the 6th tests we have so far because it’s high in spite of not having flagged high testosterone. This is a very interesting finding. Here is why:

Epi-testosterone is a 5AR inhibitor. It’s usually normally high when your testosterone is high. But your testosterone is not high while your Epi-testosterone is high. So your producing high amounts of epi-testosterone because if you were not you would not have high amounts of it in your urine. So let’s think about that for a second. You are producing high epi-testosterone the bodies natural 5AR inhibitor AND you are excreting high amounts of DHT

DHT rejection ? That’s what this suggests.

This site is the least expensive way to get the test for anyone who wants to participate. If you are interested order urine neurotransmitters with the add-on urine hormone metabolites.

If you are not in CA, NY or MD you can get it from this site for the least expansive price possible with no doctors order. Canada, Europe and most other countries can get tested as well from this site with no doctors order.

https://totalfunctionalhealthdiagnostics.com/

I think we are onto something

What are your symptoms ? Do you get the sexual sides, the sleep issues and the constipation? Any cognitive issues ?

What have you tried and how did you respond ? I want to analyze and think about it. Maybe your low 3a-diol makes your sides different than the others who got tested who have high 3a-diol. I want to try to connect specific results from these tests with specific sides

What other sites are you on ? Are you aware of anyone else who got tested? We need all this organized in one spot

Just so everyone is aware these urine neurotransmitter tests are the real deal. I cured my 7 years worth of constipation using the results. Increasing urine serotonin into the optimal range has me pooping every day almost like the good old days . All my stomach bloat is gone . And my constipation was so bad when it started seven years ago after my second saw P nightmare that the straining herniated my disk in my l4/l5 lumbar spine. I think this may be the way out of this nightmare for me

How did you manage to do this?

I just seen that amount of serotonin in my urine was not in the optimal range and increased it into the optimal range. Noticed that around the same I did this the constipation went away

Since that time I have ran multiple experiments with the things that increase serotonin to confirm the connection.

Also, when I initially took the things to increase serotonin I took other things with it to increase dopamine and glutamate which caused me to experience PFS level onset insomnia. The insomnia that I experienced was identical to the insomnia that I experienced when I took saw P for my second time 7 years ago. The only difference is that 7 years ago after Saw P mishap (2) I stayed up for 6 weeks straight compared to this time 8 days straight. The overly stimulated brain feeling in spite of my body physically wasting away due to exhaustion as I stayed up for 8 days was identical to what I experienced when I was 29 years old seven years ago from the Saw P nightmare number (2)

My body just handled it better when I was 29 compared to 36 although it was just as painful and horrible to experience at 29

What did you take to increase serotonin levels?

L-Tryptophan, 5-HTP and vitamin B6 as the co factor. B6 allows the L-Tryptophan and 5-HTP to convert to serotonin via the enzymes

Be advised others have gotten worse from 5-HTP

Also 80-90 percent of the bodies serotonin is produced in the gut. Serotonin in the gut stimulates Bowel movements

I think body Lowered serotonin in an attempt to find equilibrium and the result is constipation.

I also know that increasing serotonin does not cause me to fall in relapse Insomnia or make me worse in any other way. Because I have came off and went back on the l-tryptophan,
5-HTP and B6 several times. And all that happened’s is my constipation goes away a few days after I reintroduce.

So it had to be the dopamine or glutamate increase that caused the insomnia relapse in my case . This all suggests a neurotransmitter imbalance

2 Likes

I did plasma tests for dopamine and melatonin levels. Dopamine was low, melatonin was high.But every time I try to boost dopamine with Buspirone , I lose sleep.

Plasma dopamin does not mirror brain/CNS levels, since it can’t cross the blood brain barrier.

What does this have to do with the fact that when he increases dopamine his his sleep goes down hill. He never even said his low blood dopamine levels means that he has low dopamine on the CNS

What does this have to do with the fact that when he increases dopamine his sleep goes down hill. He never even said his low blood dopamine levels means that he has low dopamine in the CNS. It’s just weird that you are so fast to argue

1 Like

Interesting…

By what mechanism does Buspirone increase dopamine?

Interesting…

By what mechanism does Buspirone increase dopamine? Is it inhibiting the reuptake of dopamine in the brain?

In spite of what people are saying who are overly defensive this could be important.

I increased the amount of serotonin in my urine from the lowish range to the optimal range and my constipation of 7 years was cured as long as I continue to take the supplements that increase urine serotonin

Also I increased urine dopamine and glutamate from the lowish range to the optimal range and I experienced PFS level onset insomnia seven years later. You increase dopamine and your sleep goes down hill. Another user takes a serotonin reuptake inhibitor and his digestive issues improve.

And we are to ignore all this because a guy says “blood dopamine levels don’t match CNS levels”. I’m not ignoring this

Would you consider as an experiment increasing dopamine with amino acid dopamine precursors to see what happened’s? Maybe it’s the natural production that’s needed instead of a drug that impacts the dopamine in the brain which I’m assuming is what Buspirone does even though I did not Google it

I’m considering doing this again but first I’m going to have another urine neurotransmitter test done to see what my urine dopamine levels are because it’s all I have to go off of and so far the urine neurotransmitter levels seem to be delivering accurate info that correlates with how I feel and what’s happening to me at the time it happened’s. Also my strategy this time will be to not stay on the dopamine precursors for 64 days like I did last time. I crashed into insomnia on the 64 day mark. So maybe I need to take the dopamine precursors for a shorter amount of time, retest and then readjust the amino acids I’m taking. And maybe by doing this constantly over an extended period of time I can recover. It seems like the best bad option available to me

Thank you.

1 Like