Nj devils story of finasteride

Welcome to our community. Please fill in the following template as a way of introducing yourself, and helping others to understand your background and situation.

Where are you from (country)?
USA
How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)
Google
What is your current age, height, weight?
26, 5’7, 185
What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)?
finasteride
What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)? 1mg

What condition was being treated with the drug?
baldness
For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)? 2 years

How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start the drug? 24

How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit? 26, March

How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?
cold turkey
How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects? 1.5 years

What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation? no libido, ED, Depression

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

x ] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[ xErectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[ x] Loss of Morning Erections
[ ] xLoss of Spontaneous Erections
[ ] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[ ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ x] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ ]x Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[x ] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[ ]x of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
x[ ] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ ] xSuicidal Thoughts

Physical
x[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[x ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ x] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ]x Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[x ] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[x ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug? tribulus, fish oil, l-arginine

If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?

Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience?

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug. hello all, i took finasteride for two years. I did bot have symptoms for the first year and a half until i noticed some ED and numbness. It took me 5 months to make the connection and then i quit. I quit back in march and was hit with even more worse sides. I am so depressed as i do not know what to do. Any help would be appreciated

Hi @Njdevils22, I’m so sorry to hear that things have worsened for you since quitting finasteride. It’s a story all too many of us are familiar with on this forum. From here, I’d advise you to have a read of the following thread

We generally advise that a person who has been experiencing symptoms for 3 months or more after ceasing the drug has PFS. You only quit the drug relatively recently so things may resolve from here but if they don’t, this community will be here to support you.

I had severe suicidal thoughts and depression for the first 4 months. Didn’t take any medications though. The symptoms got better, but still having other sides such as brain fog, emotional flatness and tinitus…

hey nj,

how are you coping, did your tinnitus diminish over time?
mine is very loud really hoping it will subside with time…