Nightmare - almost 7 years of 1/4 Proscar

1. Where are you from (country)?
    Hongkong

2. How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)
    Google search - Joint Pain Propecia

3. What is your current age, height, weight?
    38, 170cm, 71.5kg

4. Do you excercise regularly? If so, what type of excercise?
    No

5. What type of diet do you eat (vegetarian, meat eater, raw, fast-food/organic healthy)?
    Mainly white rice, some vegetables and fish

6. Why did you take Finasteride (hair loss, BPH, other)?
    Hair Loss

7. For how long did you take Finasteride (weeks/months/years)?
    6 years and 10 months

8. How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start Finasteride?
    31, 30/6/2011

9. How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit?
    38, 5/4/2018

10. How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?
    Cold turkey

11. What type of Finasteride did you use – Propecia, Proscar, Fincar or other generic?
    1/4 Proscar

12. What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?
    1/4 Proscar, should be 1.25mg, depends on the cut size

13. How long into your use of Finasteride did you notice the onset of side effects?
    1 weeks later, weak in ejaculation and watery sperms

14. What side effects did you experience while on the drug that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?
    weak in ejaculation and watery sperms, stiff knee pain

Put an X beside all that apply:

Sexual
[X] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[ ] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[X] Loss of Morning Erections
[X] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[X] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[X] Watery Ejaculate
[X] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[X] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[X] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[X] Confusion
[X] Memory Loss / Forgetfullness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[X] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ ] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ ] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[X] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[X] Muscle Wastage
[X] Muscle Weakness
[X] Joint Pain
[X] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[X] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

1. What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?
    Supplements: Glucosamine, Zinc, Vitamin D3 (500IU). Under the consultant of Orthopedist

2. If you have pre or post-Finasteride bloodtests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (pls post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?
    No

3. Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience with Finasteride?
    No

4. Tell us your story, in your own words, about your Finasteride usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

Hi all, I would like to share my story of taking propecia and let you all know how it destroys my life! Um…English is not my mother language…but I hope that you can know what I am talking about.

I have been taking 1/4 Proscar (1.25mg) for nearly 7 years (year 2011). From the start of taking this poison, I found that I have lost morning erections, watery ejaculate and male breasts. However, I don’t have too much focus on the sex (before taking proscar also) so I kept on taking this drug. Besides above issues, all was fine and my hairs grew more than before.

In the past 2 years (year 2016), i.e. I was taking the poison about 5 years, I felt that there was strange feeling in my right knee. I started to feel that my right knee has a little lost of support on my body. However, I didn’t feel there was pain from my right knee in fact. So, I kept on taking the poison.

In last year (year 2017), I started to feel that I got pain from my right knee occasionally. I also felt that my right knees got more lost of support on my body. However, the pain and lost of support did not limit mobility and my life so unfortunately I still kept on taking this poison.

Until last month (4/2018), I got stiff pain from my right knee when I walked and stood up. I also noticed that my left knee also have has little lost of support on my body, the same issue on my right knee in the past 2 years. I started to lose balance when I stood up and I had to walk very slowly like a old man to avoid getting pain from walk. However, it did not help too much. I was very afraid and started to suspect this pain and loss on support of my body is coming from taking Proscar. I started to search “joint pain propecia” from Google and found this secret cave. After I read some member stories, I knew that there are many members had the same issue after taking Propecia and then I stopped this drug cold turkey. After stopping the poison, I felt that my knees have joint hopping when walk also. I also found that I felt very weak on my body and easily got exhausted.

From now, nearly 1 month of stopping taking Proscar, I don’t feel better at all. So, I consulted an Orthopedist last Saturday (5/5/2018). After a brief check, he suspected that my pain is from “Degenerative Joint Disease”. My right knee’s articular cartilage has damaged. He told me that Degenerative Joint Disease is one way road and cannot be recovered! He suspected that it is in Phase II to III (total of 4 phases), and so he advised me to take a X ray check in the coming week. He also suggested me to take Glucosamine everyday to keep my articular cartilage not to be damaged so fast. He told me that one of effective cure is to inject hyaluronic acid to my right knee to reduce the pain. But this acid only can keep for 9 months inside my knee and costs me a lot of money. I am thinking about this curing method…

I regret of taking this poison. I am very afraid I will lose my job due to my limited mobility. However, I think positive after referring to the member stories. I will keep on update my status and let all of you as a reference.

2 Likes

Hi.im sorry to hear this have happened to you.im new hear too.do you how difficulties in sleeping?