Newbie here needs help with damage caused by saw palmetto

Im 27 and i feel my life is ruined by this herb i originally took it as i read it was good for prostate health and at times i felt i had bph at first the herb actually gave me strong erections and huge loads but then after some months i felt like hell on pinwheels i have E.D my member looks shrunk and twisted im depressed and have occasional thoughts of hurting myself if you guys can please tell me if there is anything i can take to fix this something to boost my T/Dht and dopamine im desperate for help

Welcome to our community. Please fill in the following template as a way of introducing yourself, and helping others to understand your background and situation.

Where are you from (country)?

How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)

What is your current age, height, weight?

What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)?

What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?

What condition was being treated with the drug?

For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)?

How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start the drug?

How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit?

How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?

How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects?

What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[] Erectile Dysfunction
[] Complete Impotence
[] Loss of Morning Erections
[] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[] Watery Ejaculate
[] Reduced Ejaculate
[] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[] Confusion
[] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[] Slurring of Speech
[] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[x] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[] Testicular Pain
[] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[x] Weight Gain
[] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[] Muscle Wastage
[] Muscle Weakness
[] Joint Pain
[] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[] Prostate pain
[] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[] Hearing loss
[] Increased hair loss
[] Frequent urination
[] Lowered body temperature

[] Other (please explain)

Hi @Meisterberger

I’m sorry to hear about your story. Are you still taking Saw Palmetto?

1 Like

No i threw it out now im in search of where i can order some Proviron do you know any good sources

Sorry for my slow reply. How long have you been off SP? If possible, could you please use the template provided to create a member story template to update your story? I’ve edited it into your original post.

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend any sources of Proviron, and please note that hundreds, if not thousands, of patients have used similar substances in past attempts to recover to varying degrees of success. Personally, I must also advise against such substances as they can sometimes make patients considerably worse, myself included. Our best chance at collective recovery is through scientific research which we are working hard to deliver in the coming months.

You will improve over time, so if it’s only been a few weeks I’d encourage you to take it as easy as possible and give it a few months.

Best,
Mitch

1 Like