New victim from 4 days of topical finasteride!

Welcome to our community. Please fill in the following template as a way of introducing yourself, and helping others to understand your background and situation.

Where are you from (country)? Poland

How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?) I searched on google ways to treat PFS and saw this forum.

What is your current age, height, weight? 22, 1.80 cm, 75 kg

What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)? finasteride

What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?
topical finasteride spray 1%

What condition was being treated with the drug? hair loss

For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)? 4 days, twice per day

Date when you started the drug? 16.10.2023

Date when you quit the drug? 20.10.2023

Age when you quit? 21 and 10 months

How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)? cold turkey

How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects?
few minutes after first use I felt hazy and exhausted like I was drugged / poisoned.

What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?

brain fog, sometimes insomnia, high fatigue, depression, low libido, bad orgasm, testicles shrunk, less semen, hairs on the body including the beard grow slower and are thinner, dry skin (all my life I had oily skin mainly in my face, now it’s very dry), very dry eyes, lost fat from my face but not from the body, thicker lips, less appetite and I feel my metabolism has changed, I am more prone to fattening. and the weird thing is that my hair loss has STOPPED like I continue taking the drug wtf.

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[x] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[ ] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[ ] Loss of Morning Erections
[ ] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ ] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[x] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[x] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[x] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[x] Confusion
[x] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[x] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[x] Slurring of Speech
[x] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[x] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[x] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[x] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[x] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[x] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[x] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[x] Muscle Wastage
[x] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[x] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[x] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[x] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[x] Other (please explain)
Prolonged eye allergy.
thinner and brighter hair.
first month i struggled to breath and had few chest pain.

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?
I started acupuncture for once a week, sexual desire, fog brain and mood improved a little. I don’t know what medicine to take and I met 3 doctors that don’t know what is going on me, they said the drug only effects hair, f*ck them.

If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?
I did testosterone check before taking this poison and two month after I stopped.
before - 15.8 nmol/l
after - 16.5 nmol/l.
Maybe it confirms the claim that the 5a-reductase enzyme is still silenced?
I also have post-drug blood and hormonal tests month after I stopped and everything was fine except:
FSH was low but in the scale, maybe it indicates the testicles shrinkage?
High cholesterol and that’s weird because I’m skinny.

Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience?
I will just write my story below.

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

I was a programmer in the army and just released in august. I trained 3/4 times per week in the gym, ate 3 good meals per day and was in good shape. in September I started University entrance exam preparation course that last until December. everything was fine, I’m good at learning especially math.
In mid-October (16.10.2023), I started use topical finasteride 1% with minoxidil 5% for 4 days twice per day. (Worth mentioning that I used topical minoxidil 5% for 5 months without see results, but I had NO side effects at all). So after 4 days of using, the nightmare started. I really f*cked mentally and cognitive as if I had received brain damage. Exercises I easily solved in the course suddenly became difficult, as if my cognition was screwed. I was in psychic anxiety and crazy fatigue but I tried to continue to study. After 3 weeks, I broke down and rejected the reception test to February. Now, three months later, I feel slight mental, cognitive and libido improvement but I am still not what i was before.
I’m still depressed and anxious that i won’t recover. In addition, I went through an emotional change as if I had taken hard drugs. I back to the gym month ago and gaining muscle is slower, like i have progression of woman or child (it easy for me to notice because i train years). I wanted to add my story here when i crashed, but I was too depressed and the cerebral overthrown was so strong that it took me a long time to think and write. Many people in forums and YouTube comments suggest supplements that may help like NAC. Are there really supplements that can help?
thank you for reading, I’m desperate for help.

Self-reporting template - ONLY USE FOR FUTURE POSTS TO REPORT ANY TRIALS OF TREATMENTS, NOT YOUR INITIAL MEMBER STORY

1. Name of the therapy/substance:
    • Dosage:
    • How often you took it:
  2. Status
    • Still using [ ]
    • Stopped with no lasting change to initial symptoms [ ]
    • Stopped with persistent change to symptoms [ ]
  3. Duration of use: Days [ ] Months [ ] Years [ ]
  4. Response when you started:
    • Greatly improved [ ]
    • Slightly improved [ ]
    • Stayed the same [ ]
    • Slightly worsened [ ]
    • Greatly worsened [ ]
  5. Current response (if you’re still using the therapy/substance) OR Response in the time before you stopped the treatment
    • Greatly improved [ ]
    • Slightly improved [ ]
    • Stayed the same [ ]
    • Slightly worsened [ ]
    • Greatly worsened [ ]
  6. Lasting changes to initial symptoms after cessation (if you have stopped for more than 3 weeks)
    • Greatly improved [ ]
    • Slightly improved [ ]
    • Stayed the same [ ]
    • Slightly worsened [ ]
    • Greatly worsened [ ]
2 Likes

I forgot to mention that three years ago i took SSRI for 6 months and the loss of libido, brain fog and fatigue was similar to my PFS but not as severe as this, and when i stopped i just came back to myself.

1 Like

I think I’m starting to develop osteoporosis but idk. I’ve noticed lately that my back is more crooked and it’s hard for me to straighten. The last two days I had trouble walking, my legs are very weak. I’ve never had problems like that. I think my end is near. I barely see improvement. I was a soccer player and now it’s hard for me to walk. What a cynical world. I’m still having a hard time with the fact that four days of use is causing me all these problems but I guess that’s life. Once upon a time people would lose their lives for wars of freedom, at least for some cause. Now we have to lose our lives because of a prescription drug and the greed of scum. Probably my situation will not improve and I don’t want to live like this. For years I have suffered from mental disorders but I never wanted to die. Unfortunately Finasteride finished me for good. If I end my life it will be wholeheartedly and maybe I’ll finally meet my dog (from my profile picture) in heaven.

3 Likes

Hey man, I’m in a very similar situation to you. Only 2 months in, and I also want to end my life soon if this continues. I barely seen any improvements and kinda going blind in 1 eye. Can’t believe we put such good lives to complete waste.

1 Like

Dman I’m sorry to hear. I guess we still have to fight because we are still at the beginning. Are you going to go blind from finasteride or some other reason?

Yep definitely finasteride. Blind meaning I have a lot of floaters on my right eye that’s like only 50% usable. This happened yesterday :sob:. Yeah I’m gonna give myself 6 months and then then decide on doing something.
Even my hair hasn’t fallen off since I took small dose. We r very similar cases man.
There were few cases were severe symptoms in the beginning got better, but there are cases that just stayed the same or got worse.

Sorry to hear bro, maybe you should see an eye doctor. Anyway, my first two months were the worst. Now I have a slight improvement in some symptoms so I believe you will also start to improve soon

1 Like

Thank you for giving me hope bro. But everyday is slightly worse than the previous day. So I feel like I’m a lost cause.

Good that you have restarted gym. Cause that seems to help a lot of people people mentally and physically.

Also regarding supplements to improve cognitive abilities, a lot of people have suggested ALCAR. This seems to help some people and ineffective in others. Taurine also seems to help but some ppl have crashed on it so I’d stay away from that.

Gym really helped but few days ago i trained too hard and it made me crash three days in a row (and that made me write my depressing post). I was so depressed that I saw death as redemption and wanted to write goodbye letters to my family. I just looked at my mom’s partner’s gun and wanted to get it over with. Since then i afraid to go back. I know that after too intense training our body reduces testosterone and devotes most of its energy to recovery, so that’s could explain my crash. I also noticed that carbs make me crash so i reduced carbs intake. I think that right now our body extremely sensitive to hormone changes, so everyone needs to understand what training and food is good for them because they have a direct effect on our hormones.
I used ALCAR, it just helped me be less tired. Take it in the morning before breakfast.
I didn’t use taurine, isn’t that the stuff found in energy drinks? I’m not going to use it anyway.
I don’t think supplements will cure us, maybe only help to manage some symptoms.
I bought NAC and it will arrive in three weeks, I heard it can help.
I believe we need to find the right routine for let our body do his best against this disease.
Don’t give up you are still at the beginning, we are in very similar condition so I’m sure that light training, carbs reduce and good sleep will help you. Try look at the success story’s, older people than us succeed to recover, and they have interesting insights so there is some hope mate.

Ohh shit ok fair enuf. So ur feeling better now?
Yeah maybe I should do some really light exercise. Cause I crash even after small workout.
I feel what you did in your crash in a daily basis mann. It sucks.
Yesterday I did feel better after some intense cardio but it’s a hit or miss

Right now I’m better but my mental state is shit.
Also I think I have inflammation in my gut because it hurts and I have frequent urinate.
Find what exercises are good to you, cardio is good

You think you could do the entrance exam now? You will see improvements man dw

I have no choice but to do this but my brain is still not as good as before finasteride. Actually as long as this disease lasts I will not want to go to university because it will be too difficult

:grimacing::grimacing:. For most people the disease won’t go man. Maybe one symptoms ease up you’ll be able to handle uni. I think sand thing happened to @Sugarhouse. He saw improvements 9-18 months in and was able to get back to work

1 Like

Yeah I hope to get better in the future and be able to get to university

Hello everyone. I feel better. I barely crash. I take bunch of supplements that helps me function. My brain not 100% but it got better. I can exercise more frequently. Currently my main issue is libido.
The supp I take:
Vitamin D
Vitamin C
Magnesium
ALCAR 500 mg
Shilajit
Tongkat Ali
Selenium
Omega 3 & 5

How are you now?

I have a slight improvement, I see some progress. I’m trying to work but is so hard because my cognition and memory have screwed and I have depression. I consider to start trt and hcg soon. Also I bought 9-me-bc and waiting for it to arrive. If I’ll benefit from it, I’ll give an update here

1 Like

The last two weeks was very hard to me. My depression is getting worse and I don’t want to take psychiatric pills. 9-me-bc, which may help the dopamine system and reduce depression, will arrive in 1-2 months from now unfortunately. It’s unbelievable how few days of topical finasteride totally destroyed me cognitively, physically and mentally. My personality was totally changed. I want to kill myself and end my suffer but I clinging to the idea that it is possible to recover. Those 6 months are the worst of my life. Idk what to do. If some veteran can talk with me it could be great.