New member need help in finding some form of medication to get me through the worst of this

Fasting lowers androgens significantly, thats why it helped.

Instead of starving yourself to death and loosing all your muscles i would try progesterone cream or zinc to lower androgens again.

@milando: Hamburg.

1 Like

Likely. I would not agree with taking those antiandrogens in his fragile position, however. Itā€™s easy to say ā€œnothing to loseā€ after you had such an unusual response, invictus. Heā€™s on his last legs by the sound of it. I responded extremely badly to zinc in that state.

lol.

Thanks for the detailed account.

How much zinc did you took? I only got positive effects from zinc when I took a mega dose (135mg) . If the dose is too low it could raise 5AR as you know.

Hi Tzinkman, so sorry to hear your story. Please try to quit the medicine, itā€™s hard but itā€™s a right way to help you to get well again. Try to do something to explore the world, I know it sounds like a bullshit, but it does help.

Thought Iā€™d post my hormone readings from various blood tests. I have results from pre-finasteride use, days after the crash and the months since.

November 2017 (Months before ever touching finasteride)

Test result HORMONE PROFILE Report, Normal, No Further Action (Patient Informed)
Coded entry Serum total testosterone level 18.1 nmol/L
Coded entry Serum oestradiol level < 73 pmol/L

December 2018 (Months before ever touching finasteride)

Total Testosterone Level 20.6 nmol/L (7.6 - 30.4)
Free Test 0.325 nmol/L (0.3 - 1.0)
SHBG 54 nmol/L (16 - 55)
17 Beta Oestradiol 30.8 pmol/L (0 - 191.99)

March 2018 (Approx 7-10 days after ā€œcrashingā€ upon discontinuation of finasteride)

Test result HORMONE PROFILE Report, Unknown, No Further Action
Coded entry Serum testosterone level 11.3 nmol/L
Coded entry Serum sex hormone binding globulin level 57 nmol/L

April 2018 (Around six weeks after crashing)

April%20Blood%20Test%20Results

June 2018

05-06-18%20Hormone%20Results

August 2018

Hormones%20August%202018

My hormones have jumped around pretty wildly as you can see. The very low testosterone reading on the June test could plausibly be explained by the fact I was eating very little around the time the blood was drawn. What cannot be ignored is the rocketing of my estrogen levels. From having low levels prior to touching finasteride I now have consistently high readings. In fact, itā€™s increased by more than 50 pmol/L from the April and June readings, which were already very high for a 32 year old male with low body fat with previously low levels of estrogen.

@Tzinkman First, there is no need for suicide because things are going to get significantly better. I know because I was in a similar spot several years ago when I lost my job of 12 years and my girlfriend that I was in a long term relationship with. Fast forward and now I am making more money than I was and the girl I have been seeing now is much hotter, also (and most important) I feel significantly better.

I was one of the first people to do and recommend a full water fast, I ate nothing but pure water for two weeks and experienced the same benefits, especially upon refeeding. What people donā€™t understand about the fast is one of the reasons it makes you feel better is because you are not eating which takes burden off the body, but also its the absence of sugars and carbs and all the garbage they were eating before.

What Iā€™m saying is you can bring back most of those cognitive effects and benefits of fasting by going on a ketogenic diet, low calorie diet and excluding all sugars, and all stimulants (anything with caffeine, sugar, preworkout boosters, tea etc).

Most people refuse to give up sugars and carbs in exchange for enhanced lifestyle, based on your 10 day water fast you probably have the drive to do it. For me it wasnā€™t even a question and Iā€™ve been doing so for over five years. PM me if you have questions. How good you want to feel depends on how far youā€™re willing to go.

3 Likes

Thank you for trying to help me. My cognitive abilities have improved significantly in the six months since I crashed. Itā€™s more a feeling that my entire reason for being has largely evaporated and I can go many days in a row where it feels painful to be alive. Iā€™m willing to go far to try to improve my condition.

Hey dude, thanks for sharing your recommendations and for expressing support. I will have a look into those things. Iā€™ve seen you posting on another site and glad to see you here mate, itā€™s important we congregate in the same place I think.

1 Like

Hey man, how are you doing today?

I can relate to the short usage, as I crashed after only two pills. Wanted to ā€œtry outā€ finasteride, what a mistake it was.

I have been on the cd nuts protocol for the past month and am seeing some pretty good improvements.