New member in the community

Welcome to our community. Please fill in the following template as a way of introducing yourself, and helping others to understand your background and situation.

Where are you from (country)?
Germany

How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)
Google

What is your current age, height, weight?
26, 178, 78

What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)?
Finasteride

What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?
1 mg EOD

What condition was being treated with the drug?
Male pattern baldness

For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)?
3 monthes and half

Date when you started the drug?

Date when you quit the drug?

Age when you quit?

How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?
Cold turkey

How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects?
After 2 weeks

What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?

Sexual problems (ED, Sometimes numbness, no morning woods, no spontaneous errections, shrinkage), nightmares, mild gyno, concentration problems, headaches, increased body weight (fat), more hair loss (even on the sides and the back of my head), eyebrows loss, digestive issues (i had some pre Finasteride too), ahnedonia, anxity.

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[ /] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[ /] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[ /] Loss of Morning Erections
[/ ] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[/ ] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[/ ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ /] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[/ ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[ ] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[/ ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ /] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ ] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[ /] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ /] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ /] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ /] Weight Gain
[/ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ /] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[/ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?
Vitamin D

If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?
No blood tests yet

Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience?

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

Hello guys,

I’m a new member here in the community.

So basically i took Finasteride 1 mg EOD for like 3 months or so and i noticed sides almost after 1 week, but my stupidity keept taking it and i ended up having a lot of issues.

It has been like 4 months or so since i quit the drug and i would say, that i have some improvement in comparison to the first 2 mothes.

My libido ist better, I occasionally get morning wood, I get better errections but not like pre Finasteride, i still have numbness and shrinkage that comes and goes away.

The neurological issues are the same, sometimes i feel good and sometimes really bad including headaches and concentration issues, which are really bad.

When i stopped Finasteride, i was like 72 KG now i am 78 KG and i hade nipples pain while on the drug, which went away after quitting, i suspect a mild gyno since my nipples look somehow not the same as before.

I actually didn’t want to share my story until like another 2 or three months to make it 6 months since quitting the poison. But just wanted to like get it out and express what i feel since i didn’t tell any body.

I checked my blood sugar, blood pressure, inflammation parameters, kidney functions, all were good.

I have a couple of questions for the community:

[Q]
Did any body here get very mild gyno on the drug, that went away after stoping it ?

[Q]
Did you lose any hair on the sides of your head and the back after stopping it ? If yes did it ever grow back ?

[Q]
I had a massive hairloss after quiting fina that effected all the hair of my scalp and then the hair loss stopped and since 20 days it has started again but only affecting the top, can anyone relate to this ?

My plan right now is to modify my lifestyle and my diet in order to improve maybe more since i have been improving in the last 30 days specially on the sexual side.

I have noticed that sun light and doing sports gives me some kind of relief.

I will have a hormonal blood panel done next month including my thyroid to finde out if there ist anything weird, my liver too.

I also try to read other stories to collect as much informations as possible.

I don’t know if there is a real 100 % recovery but i am ok with a recovery of 70 % on the long term.

Questions, ideas and your own expirence are welcome.

Self-reporting template - ONLY USE FOR FUTURE POSTS TO REPORT ANY TRIALS OF TREATMENTS, NOT YOUR INITIAL MEMBER STORY

1. Name of the therapy/substance:
    • Dosage:
    • How often you took it:
  2. Status
    • Still using [ ]
    • Stopped with no lasting change to initial symptoms [ ]
    • Stopped with persistent change to symptoms [ ]
  3. Duration of use: Days [ ] Months [ ] Years [ ]
  4. Response when you started:
    • Greatly improved [ ]
    • Slightly improved [ ]
    • Stayed the same [ ]
    • Slightly worsened [ ]
    • Greatly worsened [ ]
  5. Current response (if you’re still using the therapy/substance) OR Response in the time before you stopped the treatment
    • Greatly improved [ ]
    • Slightly improved [ ]
    • Stayed the same [ ]
    • Slightly worsened [ ]
    • Greatly worsened [ ]
  6. Lasting changes to initial symptoms after cessation (if you have stopped for more than 3 weeks)
    • Greatly improved [ ]
    • Slightly improved [ ]
    • Stayed the same [ ]
    • Slightly worsened [ ]
    • Greatly worsened [ ]
2 Likes

Hi! I took topical for 14 days. Yes, the main reason I stopped was high sensivity in my right nipple to the point my shirt was hurting me. Stopped and the pain would gradually go away after a few weeks. got all of your sympthoms. its been 6/7 months I’m off.

@SheroX - welcome to the forum! It’s sad to see that this drug keeps injuring new people every day.

But I think the fact that you’re seeing noticeable improvement is a promising sign!

Take good care of yourself, and don’t do anything crazy with hormones or supplements, and you might see the improvements continue.

Here are some things you can do in the meantime -

4 Likes

Sorry to hear you’re dealing with all this man. Just try to hang in there. The first year is usually the worst. We have real hope for the future with the research that is currently taking place as well.