New Here, Hope to get Better

Never thought I would be here right now but I think it’s important to get this out and maybe join in a community of others that I may soon be joining, (more on that). A little about myself, I’m 23 and a junior at my university studying clinical lab science. (Hopefully if I recover I could join in the research when I graduate).

I started noticing hair loss and like many others freaked out and jumped on the finasteride train. After noticing some fatigue and worsening depression I decided to quit after 1 and a half months. I was taking .5mg before dropping it to .25mg with no success. This was 2 weeks ago and since then have been anticipating the worst as all sorts of new issues have been popping up.

My current symptoms have been:
-continued fatigue and weakness
-depression, panic, and hopelessness
-discomfort but not any pains in the groin
-curving
-hourglass / hard flaccid (urinating helps)
-lower libido
-cold tip
-Morning wood that goes away fast

I realize it is early since I quit but I have noticed a “lifting” of mood along with stronger than normal erections and libido at times that has me anticipating a “crash” and am merely waiting for the day I wake up with more problems. I pray this doesn’t happen but I feel either way I wanted to join here to either give my recovery story and move on or to stay and hopefully help others who are struggling. I like to think I have a strong soul but this surely has put it to the test and if things get worse I hope to get some insight from experienced members and to hopefully be a helpful member of the forum.

Thanks everyone.

1 Like

Hi.
I really think your just experiencing side effects from Fin.
I’m pretty sure you’ll feel better soon.
Recover from sides can take some even some months.
My tip is to try relax yourself. Don’t read the stories on the forums, because you risk to increase your anxiety. I think stress is worst think for recovery.
Trust me, avoid stressful situations and think positive.
It’s to soon for you to talk about it.
And stay away from substances that disrupt endocrine system (i.e. Finasteride, antidepressant, Minoxidil, isotretinoin, dutastetide, etc…).
Try to accept your hair change. Think about sport and work on your body. Take Jason Statham, for example, he’s bald, but is considered a beautiful men.

1 Like