New Crash after 7 years after stopping Gabapentin?

Hi guys!
I have been suffering from PFS for the last 7 years, but many symptoms (sleep, depression etc.) have improved (not sexual). Now I had to take Gabapentin for medical reasons (headaches). While I was taking it, my mood and sexual symptoms improved. The day I stopped taking it, I crashed completely like 7 years ago. Its insane! I cannot sleep again, feel constant headache, fatigue, no libido etc.
I always thought Gabapentin was safe and many of you took it to improve. Did anyone else experience something like that? Any ideas what happened?

1 Like

Well, this is my theory, but after only using benzos for 2 months (not high doses) i crashed further when started tappering. 2’months is not an intense drugs use and 90% ppl wouldnt have a problem like i had

Finasteride/Dutasteride messes with neuroesteroids (alleprognanolone). Those neuroesteroids act on gabaergic system. After using finas/dutast we maybe dealt with lower neusteroids, or lowered lvl of neuroesteroids that again increased, etc. This all affects gaba receptors and i also believe that gaba/glutamate equilibrium. So we’re sensible to drugs that act on gaba

Why do i think that? There is people that crashed after drinking alcohol, there is people that used benzodiaZepines and were slightly worsening…

I have to say that there are pfs sufferers that can tolerate these drugs without problem.

You could be also only facing withdrawal symptoms, a rebound of insomnia and anxiety after cuting those drugs

3 Likes