New breakthrough....

I dont understand what you are talking about.

Im sure d3 helps, thats why i take it…all the things in my regiment help a lot, thats why i do them. The point im making is that when i added the Turmeric it made a bid difference in the way i feel.

I added it to the regiment i have been on for a long long time.

I am just trying to say that to be 100% sure you should use turmeric only.
I tested Vit D3 in 2009 when not many people were aware of it. Before using my T level was below the normal range and LH was 1, FSH was 3. After using it T jumped back in the range , LH 5 and FSH 5.

If such is the case, then this particular brand would appeal to those wanting to try this supplement, as it contains organic pepper extract to “increase bio-availability.”

amazon.com/Healthceuticals-B … 014G8CUFO/

Ive been on high doses of d3 for years, that and zinc should be the foundation of most peoples routine on here.

D3 could be harmful too…maybe it worked for you but it can give you hypercalcemia, which is very dangerouz. If someone wants to do this they musy follow with some regular exams.

The foundation should be morning-midafternoon sunlight on the skin and eyes…

And for zinc just eat oysters…

For curcumin why not just try regular turmeric? OP os doing that…

I spent too much money on supplements…

Do it till ur libido is good then quit it cold turkey and pray u get a new baseline.

Otherwise prepare for it to stop working.

@youbet: First you are talking about “a breakthrough” in the treatment of PFS and now you are describing the effects as a “bid difference in the way you feel”. This sounds somehow different, not? Can you please specify the effects after several days of treatment? Any long-term effects on libido? Which powder do you use?

Thanks in advance.
Tom

youbet, thanks for this anecdote, it’s very interesting. do you have your own blog in solvepfs? you really should, all the guys who are trying stuff are there reporting everything.

same for andyuk, sorry for being brash, but there is a protocol that has 2 recovered that has been doing EXACTLY the stuff you’ve experimented with and found working (taurine for MSG toxicity). one of the recovered guys is still running it.

is anyone really here trying or reporting anything? i’ve forgot this place by now, i do all my good reports there.

Is anybody trying this, its totally working! My testicles and penis are 25% larger all day!!! My penis is more sensitive then it was before i started finasteride…

come on people give it a shot…its god dam turmeric, its cheap and at your grocery store…shut up…stop asking me stupid questions and just try it!!!

tumeric fucks me up.

High doses of tumeric supress the immune system. Probably why you feel better.

I’ll see in a month or two, regardless its supposed to be good for numerous health reasons. Doing a tablespoon at night the last week.

I’ll give it a try too … maybe in a lesser amount, but I will see. Probably as of this week-end. Just gotta go do my grocery before. :slight_smile:

Is it Ok to use The powder instead of The root because where I live I can get no tumeric curcuma so I drink 2 tablespoons in hot water and then drink it. Or is it not as potent to use The powder ? What about using curry powder (contents fenugreek) and actually tastes a bit better , but I’ll try it your way anyway.

Nice work youbet.

As we all know, a study found way overexpressed AR (very high levels) in PFS patients. One potential treatment method is to take something that would “decrease” the expression of AR (allowing more normal AR sensitivity).

Tumeric is one of these agents that decrease AR expression.

I left Tumeric off my list of compounds I plan to try because it is a potent 5ar inhibitor. But I am interested in how this experiemnt continues…

Curcumin down-regulates AR gene expression and activation in prostate cancer cell lines
Auteur(s) / Author(s)
NAKAMURA Keiichiro (1) ; YASUNAGA Yutaka (1) ; SEGAWA Takehiko (1) ; DAEJIN KO (1) ; MOUL Judd W. (1) ; SRIVASTAVA Shiv (1) ; RHIM Johng S. (1) ;
Affiliation(s) du ou des auteurs / Author(s) Affiliation(s)
(1) Center for Prostate Disease Research, Department of Surgery, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20814, ETATS-UNIS

Résumé / Abstract
Curcumin, traditionally used as a seasoning spice in Indian cuisine, has been reported to decrease the proliferation potential of prostate cancer cells, by a mechanism that is not fully understood. In the current study, we have evaluated the effects of curcumin in cell growth, activation of signal transduction, and transforming activities of both androgen-dependent and independent cell lines. Prostate cancer cell lines, LNCaP and PC-3, were treated with curcumin and its effects were further analyzed on signal transduction and expression of androgen receptor (AR) and AR-related cofactors using transient transfection assay and Western blotting. Our results show that curcumin down-regulates transactivation and expression of AR, activator protein-1 (AP-1), nuclear factor-KB (NF-KB), and CREB (cAMP response element-binding protein)-binding protein (CBP). Curcumin also inhibited the transforming activities of both cell lines as evidenced by the reduced colony forming ability in soft agar. The results obtained here demonstrate that curcumin has a potential therapeutic effect on prostate cancer cells through down-regulation of AR and AR-related cofactors (AP-1, NF-KB and CBP).
Revue / Journal Title
International journal of oncology ISSN 1019-6439
Source / Source
2002, vol. 21, no4, pp. 825-830

I started taking cucumin tablets recently to try help with a pain in my head that started after an xray. I think it has a small effect positive effect in mood. I am sensitive to many things now. Some foods will make me feel very bad within 1 hour of eating. I seem to feel a bit more positive after taking cucumin tablets but does 0 for libodo.

Ok, so I did my groceries and got Turmeric. I started using it today … I did a chicken pasta dish with turmeric that was really awful !! Tomorrow, I will simply do the hot water trick and I will let you know if I see any changes. … but I’m kind of tired of trying a gazillion things and not seing any improvement. Not even 5%. Anyways, we’ll see where this one goes.

@ Youbet…

Interesting thread. I have a few follow up questions though:

1. What does this taste like in hot water? Since its a spice, is it something you have to “choke” down?
  2. How much water for the 2 tablespoons?
  3. How long after starting this did you notice the benefits you reported?
  4. Any theory on whether capsules would do same or think it being mixed in hot water might make its efficacy better somehow?
  5. Think it’ll have to be cycled at some point? i.e. 5 days on , 2 off etc

thanks in advance

man the guy explained everything already…what does it matter if it tastes bad?! PFS tastes much worse!!!

1 Like

A lot of people on here don’t necessarily have bad cases of PFS. So being concerned about taste is luxury they can afford themselves.

Although its almost a mockery of those who have chosen death instead of the truly horrible crashes some people go through.

But since it appears some PFS victims have simply lost their manhood entirely, I will give you a tip. Hold your nose when you drink it and stop being a bitch.

1 Like

Being concerned about taste is ridic