New areas for PFS research: pudendal and peripheral nerve + penile tissues

A few weeks ago I suggested that PFS research could add penile tissues as a topic.
I also think we should have more research on peripheral nerves, mainly pudendal, because both things may be related (nerves and penile tissues).

There must be something important here.

In my case at least, low libido came from a sudden feeling of disconnection between brain and penis after I stopped Finasteride. Each time I saw a woman my mind was trying to follow the usual path but something was wrong in the signal (it stopped somewhere). I had the pudendal nerve tested and it showed a latency. But MRI showed nothing wrong, though.
My penis lost sensation in the distal part and it’s becoming fibrotic, while it feels normal in the proximal part and no fibrotic. So there may be definitely something related with nerves in all this.

I guess PFS can have different manifestations according to each person.
So I would simply suggest that in the future, besides epigenetics, we pay attention to this problem: we should figure out why/how some nerves that are essential for erections and libido are somehow affected by Finasteride. More studies would be needed.

1 Like

Hi @aldo,

While your concern with your specific presentation is understandable, and we are well aware penile atrophy and tissue changes are occurring, it’s important to be aware this is a complex issue with existing research - none of these are new areas. Both peripheral and pudendal nerve function and peripheral nerve density in penile tissue have been assessed in peer reviewed PFS research already.

Please could you consider contributing to the survey? You can access it via the bar graph at the top left on a desktop or laptop computer. It is a very practical way you can contribute and ensure your case is represented in this important data set.

Thank you

2 Likes

Thanks. I will contribute to the survey.

3 Likes

Hi @axolotl,
I have just contributed to the survey.
Cheers.

4 Likes