Neurosteroids protect NMDA from Glutamate Exicitotoxicty

The neurosteroid allopregnanolone protects against neurotoxicity caused by glutamate in nmda receptors.
https://scholars.duke.edu/display/pub692678

There’s a lot more studies but glutamate Exicitotoxicty is mediated in the nmda receptor sites, and when gaba(inhibitory receptor) is decreased NMDA(glutamate receptor) releases glutamate and causes neruon death. This process can turn into Glutamate Excitiotoxicity which is a cascade of neuronal death throughout the brain, which is involved in many neurodegerative diseases. To help stop it NMDA antagonist are used.

I have personally tried memantine months back but never tried it it long term, also PQQ is a natural substance that can help neurogenesis and also is a NMDA modulator.

how long did u try memantine?

i have tianeptine at home,still haven’t tried it…

agmatine is also acting on NMDA and is otc

I tried Memantine a couple times and still have the rx but it made me feel weird(like high kinda) but that was a few months ago.

I used Agmatine the week before I crashed for a pre workout. So I don’t think I’m gonna try that again.

But I am gonna try to experiment with memantine again, cause the only thing I’m taking right now is cyclosporine and ibutamoren at night

I’ve heard of tianpetine being a neuron rotation with less sides, so I might look into that, I don’t know how high the affinity it has on nmda receptors is though.

tianeptine is one weird drug but i think they settled on that it effects depression through 1) NMDA and 2)mu opioid (mild agonist). the “SSRE” effects show up on higher dosages. honestly the research on tianeptine is a bit strange.
i did however find very interesting things in favour, being the best is that it seems to fix hpa and hpa stays fixed after you quit. so it seems like it resets its. i did come accross a few testimonials for this.i found also people doing 1-3 month cycles of tianeptine until they are doing better.

it also seems opposite to other antidepressives as in that it actually fixes the problem because relapse rates are much lower than for other ADs.

memantine, as far as i read, should make you feel weird in the beginning until the nicotinic acetylchoine receptors adapt.

Huh, interesting info about tianpetine,

Ya I’m going to try memantine again for a couple weeks and see if it helps at all

Interesting. I have read that the tinnitus could be due to excitotoxicity caused by excess glutamate in the brain.

I am currently taking PQQ (Bulletproof’s Unfair Advantage) and Ashwanganda at night to help combat this. I also still take Oxaloacetate which has been shown to help reduce glutamate:

bulletproofexec.com/bulletp … g-formula/

A few links on PQQ and glutamate, excitotoxicity, anxiety and sleep:

michaelrucker.com/glutamate/pqq- … receptors/

wellnessresources.com/health … le_arenas/

lifeextension.com/Magazine/2 … in/Page-01

Studies:

“The neuroprotective action of pyrroloquinoline quinone against glutamate-induced apoptosis in hippocampal neurons is mediated through the activation of PI3K/Akt pathway.”

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21320517

“Pyrroloquinoline quinone against glutamate-induced neurotoxicity in cultured neural stem and progenitor cells.”

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25702528

“Pyrroloquinoline quinone rescues hippocampal neurons from glutamate-induced cell death through activation of Nrf2 and up-regulation of antioxidant genes”.

funpecrp.com.br/gmr/year2012 … mr1892.pdf