Nervous system in the brain

Anybody ever thought about the Nervous system in the brain.
I looked at a german article telling that the nervous system downside the brain can be fixed from the body.
but the nervous system in the brain can’t.
is this maybe answering our not having orgasm feeling?

No because I use to have orgasms with zero feeling, now they feel great!

@Finatruth: I’m confused as to why you actually post on here? If I was in your shoes I’d be too busy out enjoying a normal life.

It’s very irritating constantly reading your posts bragging about your recovery. Maybe you don’t intend to come across like that but well that’s how it comes across.

Tubman- no you moron, it’s to give hope to people that the condition is self limiting and people improve. When someone says that they have completely numbness of the penis, as I once did , I write that this is not permanent and it can improve. I wish there were more people like me 2 years ago that realized the condition slowly improves over time. I was wrecked, a mess, but my improvements are dramatic. So if you want sad stories you can go find them, live miserable, keep thinking you have no chance of recovery

Whether one wants to live miserably or not has no affect on the sensitivity of ones privates or libido.

The fact is very few of us recover from the sexual sides so you’re clearly the exception rather than the rule. So placing realistic expectations on your outcome is unwise and will lead to further depression and disappointment.

At best you’re giving people false hope and I personally find it very irritating.

You may call Tubman a moron Finatruth, but maybe he’s just responding with irritation in the same way I find myself.

It’s great that you have seen improvements Finatruth, although from reading your posts there appears to be a presumption on your part that you have pretty much nailed the root cause of pfs and that your own experiences and improvements through time should be reflected by all others. It appears however that some who have lived with pfs for much longer than yourself have not experienced the same improvements as yourself, with some saying that they have experienced no improvement. You appear incredulous when someone’s own experiences don’t fit your own. You may be right in a lot of your postulating, but at the moment that is all it is. There appears to be a degree of glory hunting in you squeezing in this fact about you and your own pet theory in most of your posts. Regular readers of the site appreciate where you are coming from, but try and see that propecia can manifest itself in different ways for different folks. It is the definitive, self-congratulatory style of your posts which grates, although of course to cultivate hope is important. Some side effects sadly ain’t gonna get better. You can lash out at me if you like, but it wouldn’t grate if you spoke of your own experiences as just that, your own experiences.

How did you recover, Finatruth? I think it’s about balance. We need some hope or what’s the point? But it needs to be realistic and genuine. I hope no one would be dishonest and I think men who have succeeded should do all they can to help those who still suffer. It’s a worthy cause.

I bet I could go through all the people on this forums initial post when they first came down with PFS and determined which ones would improve and which ones would not.

Isn’t it possible this disease affects everyone differently? Maybe some people’s bodies can bounce back. Maybe some people are permanently damaged. I’ve seen some members complain of eye problems that seem like damage more than some temporary problem. I think it’s person specific. Kinda like a stroke. Everyone recovers differently.

I refuse to believe recovery is strictly mental. That’s like telling someone who got their arm chopped off, “Think positive and your arm will grow back.”

I hope everyone can recover from this, but it’s obvious there’s multiple variables at play here.

Of course it’s not all in our heads, but if it’s what I theorize it is, then depression and negative thinking can raise cortisol etc create lots of problems. We already know that part of this syndrome involves low dopamine levels in the brain, don’t ever forget that

So those of us with a history of depression and/or anxiety (pre-fin) may have a large hurdle in our way to recovery. I will say that my mental symptoms are much better since I started Celexa. That’s more Serotonin though; not sure if this affects dopamine.

Unfortunately my eyes are still garbage. Maybe I’ll jump on the progesterone protocol now.

I also wonder how many people may have not improved if they accidently screwed themselves by taking more anti-depressants, hcg, testosterone etc. versus those who left it alone

Yeah I don’t know. I know I wasn’t improving at all after a year and a half. Then I started Celexa and it has helped. However, I have a family history of depression and anxiety, so I can’t recommend it for ever one.

Fina, do you then just recommend progesterone and that is it?

A complex chemical system with lot of feedback loops can be screwed up with different levels and in an infinite number of different ways. The fact that our genetics and our bodies are different just add to the confusion and unpredictability of such chemical disturbances.

BTW, an interesting thing: Long ago at the university I had a course that mathematically analyzed systems and their stability by using several known parameters of the system by describing the relationships between them with functions. By changing some parameters (for example by introducing “impulses”) systems can enter states in which they are very unstable and from which they cant get back to stable states by themselves for very long periods of time. And depending on the alteration of some parameters a system can literally “crash” from the perspective of some of the system parameters. (Meaning that the parameters themselves tend to converge to some abnormal low or high values.) Although that course was about the stabilization of mechanical and electronical devices its ridiculous that the same rules seem to apply to so many different things in the world. Maybe for some guys its just a small impulse on some of the parameters that relatively quickly swing back to a stable value, for some the result is a totally unstable chaos that would resolve in a few hundred or thousand years by itself without intervention… And “fortunately” the current science is far from knowing this system and its parameters. But fortunately our system doesn’t seem to be that much crashed (otherwise we would probably be dead).

Agree. Reminds me of optimism. Often, thinking of beautiful lies simply doesn’t help. Some people should have a bit more of realism.

Its basically chemical imbalances mainly in your brain and the rest of your body, along with the various symptoms and possible permanent/repairable physical alterations that come with time depending on the individual. This drug screws up your body at its roots.

I left it alone for about 2 years and I was simply spiralling down, finally I was near to death. Extreme fatigue, inability to sleep, fucked in every possible way physically and mentally. After 2 years I’ve tried at least 2 dozen things but only 4-5 of them were actually prescription medications. One of them is hcg that is considered to be relatively safe compared to the others (some people use it just to lose weight) and helped me a lot at the beginning. Although the effectiveness of hcg is nothing compared to that of water fasting. I have also tried many-many non-prescription things (like icariin 60, SAMe, …) without any effect.

if you mess with drugs on recovery , most probably you will cancel the rebound effect of FIN

Has anyone had their nervous system tested? I went to UCSF and they did biofeedback for pelvic pain (I have developed a pain in my pelvic area since taking Propecia and am unsure the exact cause) and the feedback signal was all over the place (i.e., random and excited) and didn’t make sense to the administering nurse. They have this machine that applies a low Amp electrical signal through an anal probe into the pelvic nerves and it relieved the pain and helped me to gain erections.

It worked for a while and the “tingling pins and needles” pains were removed and some of the brain fog seemed to be a little improved, however I have a take home device that is similar to the one they use at the hospital that they recommended I use and it gave me a headache after I used it the second time and the pains and dysfunction returned. I am heading to another appointment to see what I do next. Something to consider is the nervous system’s role in the dysfuntion.

It might be useful to find out if our brain waves are functioning as normal as there are existing treatments to help with this. For example Delta deals with sleep and many here struggle to achieve a deep 8 hours of sleep.

doctorhugo.org/brainwaves/brainwaves.html