Need advice (long story, minox mainly)

Where are you from (country)? France

How did you find this forum : Google search

What is your current age, height, weight?

I’m 25 1/2, 181 cm, 83 kg muscular (abs, ripped, good muscular mass)

What specific drug did you use ?

I used finasteride for short time in the past (years ago) with no sides, used saw palmetto for 1 month in october 2019, used nettle root and minox for 6 months from summer 2019 to january 2020.

What condition was being treated with the drug? Balding

Sexual
[X] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[X ] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[ ] Loss of Morning Erections
[X ] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ ] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[ ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[ ] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[X] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency : RESOLVED
[X] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks : 90% RESOLVED
[X] Severe Depression / Melancholy : RESOLVED
[X ] Suicidal Thoughts : RESOLVED

Physical
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[ X ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion RESOLVED
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ X ] Frequent urination : For only a few days after I stopped Nettle Root, RESOLVED
[ ] Lowered body temperature

If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?

Didn’t have the full blood test, but have some mesures from 1 month ago :

TSH 1,657 mic UI/ML (in the range)
LH 3.8 UI/L (in the range)
Total PSA : 0.59 mic/L (looks good)
Prolactin : 8.9 ng/ml (in the range)
DHT 0.49ng/ml (low range, but still in the range, range being 0.33 - 1.20)

No cholesterol

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

Ok guys, first of all hi everyone, sorry for my possibly approximative english, and thanks in advance for your answers ! Here is my story, I need help and advices please :frowning:

I’m a 25 1/2 young healthy male. My background :

Finasteride

I used finasteride (1mg / day) for 3 months back in 2016. No sides at all (could manage to perform sex 7 times a day with my ex gf), but one day I wasnt able to get my dick up for the first time of my life. I was pretty tired this day and a bit sick, but I still panicked and quit fina cold turquey just cause of the psychological side that it could be fina. 0 problems any other days, sexual life 100% before, during and after quiting expect for that dat.

I went back to fina at low dosage (0.25 per day) in summer 2017 for one month, still no sides but I quit because I was still fearing the sides. No problems at all after quiting, everything is fine.

Finasteride isnt the cause of my actual problems so.

Saw Palmetto, Minoxidil, Nettle Root

No we are in summer 2019. My 3 years GF (first love) want to break with me, so my balding concern is comming back and I start Minoxidil.

Took minox for 6 month, I didn’t respected the dosage cause I was using it for beard too, so I was at LEAST doubling the dosage. Problably tripling it. And I took it ORALLY too for a few weeks (5mg / day) around november 2019 IN ADDITION of topical dosage (I know I was so stupid…, but I had no side at all with topical version for months, so I tough it was safe. I was in a terrible depression and desesperate mood since my GF broke with me and I lost someone in my family in september - october).
I stopped in January 2020.

I took Saw Palmetto for 1 month in october, mb 450mg day, had testicular ache in one ball so I stopped. Never had this side with fina.

Took nettle root (600mg a day) from september to january 2020.

SO :

In december 2019 I started having panick attacks for the first time of my life, as well as heart palpations and blood pressure roller coasters… It came out from nowhere. I was also so stressed and depressed about my broken relationship and my passed away member family…
Went to the doc, he did electrocardiogramm, perfect heart (as usual), nothing to worry.

I figured out I had low libido too, but was still able to somehow get my ding dong up when I was alone.

In the N-Y day, I came back with a beautiful girl, and wasnt able to perform at all, 0 libido, 0 desire, 0 sexual toughts.

I quitted every treatements I was still doing. I was panicked, wtf was happening to me?

I was in depression for sure, had so many pannicks attacks ect during January - Feb.

Now, depression is mostly away, no more panick attacks (only starts mb, and I manage em pretty good), I mean everything looks ok BUT the sexual sides.

I still have 0 libido and ED.
I mean, a kiss can get me hard , but seconds after everything drops off like a switch in my brain, and I have no libido and can’t get up or maintain it up. It’s the same switch you have after having orgasmed, the difference is I didnt.

I’m eating healthy, hitting the gym for 5 years (i’m so fuckin muscular, people at the gym are asking if I’m taking steroids but I never touched anything cause I’m too afraid of fucking up my hormones, funny thing is that I tough Minoxidil was safe for hormones unlike propecia that’s why I went for it and not fina again).

I feel like I’m an eunuch now.
No more depression, no more bad panicks attacks, still thinking about my ex-gf tho…
I have feelings, like sadness, love, empathy, angry… Music is enjoyable a lot, so are video games, movies…
I have perfect sleep as always. 7-9 hours per day (when I get 7 hours or less it’s because of the alarm o’clock).
No more laziness, no more envy to stay in the bed all day long.

BUT STILL 0 libido and ED.
I was horny as hell before, wtf is happening to me?

Is this related to my 6 months minox and nettle root use and my one month saw palmetto use ? (when full dose of fina for months didnt cause any side yearsd ago?)
Is this related to the fact that this girl broke my brain?

No matter how bad was my life, I always had good libido. Exept this time.
Never had trouble getting an erection, could perform 2-3-4 time a day pretty easy until now.

Now I can sometimes get it up, eventually.

Please guys, I need help.