My story

1. How did you find this forum?
    I searched on the internet
  2. What is your current age, height, weight?
    32year, 181, 83kg
  3. Do you excercise regularly? If so, what type of excercise?
    Im swimming and training at the gym
  4. What type of diet do you eat (vegetarian, meat eater, raw, fast-food/organic healthy)?
    Regular
  5. Why did you take Finasteride (hair loss, BPH, other)?
    Hair loss
  6. For how long did you take Finasteride (weeks/months/years)?
    9 month
  7. How old were you when you started Finasteride?
    30year
  8. How old were you when you quit?
  9. How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?
    Cold turkey
  10. What type of Finasteride did you use – Propecia, Proscar, Fincar or other generic?
    Propecia
  11. What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?
    1mg
  12. How long into your use of Finasteride did you notice the onset of side effects?
    7month
  13. What side effects did you experience while on the drug that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?

Put an X beside all that apply:

Sexual
[x ] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[x ] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[x ] Loss of Morning Erections
[ x] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[x ] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[ ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ x] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[ x] Memory Loss / Forgetfullness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[ x] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ x] Depression / Melancholy

Physical
[x ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ x] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ x] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[x ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ x] Weight Gain
[x ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[x ] Muscle Wastage
[ x] Muscle Weakness
[ x] Joint Pain
[ x] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[x ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[x ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ x] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

1. What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?

Different form of vitamines and training

1. If you have pre or post-Finasteride bloodtests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (pls post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?

Didnt do any test before taking finasteride.

1. Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience with Finasteride?

My bodyfat have disappeard and even the fat under my feet have been destroyed so I cant walk without wearing special footwear.

1. Tell us your story, in your own words, about your Finasteride usage and side effects experienced while on/off.

I did experience a loss of fat in my face while I was taking the drug. But I didnt understand that it could be the drug that made this happend. Before I did even experience some lack of libido. So I quit finasteride because it didnt seem to make a big diffence on my hair.

I actully was told by my doctor to stop the treatment for a month to see if i my sideaffect would go away. But after a month I noticed that my face have swollowed up. I thought it was because of the finasteride so I stopped taking it immediatly.

Later I became more thin in the face again. After a month I crashed. It was the worst time of my life. I couldnt sleep for a whole week. After the crash I had burning sensation in my body so that I couldnt lay still. My whole body just changed and was ageing in many ways. So now I go to therapy to get some relief and Im also taking antideppresive medicine.

Im still having problems with dry eyes and my feet(heel pad syndrome). My skin are still dry, getting thinner and Im still loosing hair.

The sideeffects seem to come in different ways and often 2-7 days after they disappeard again. My heart is still racing from time to time and Im having problems controling my mind.

The thing that stil keep me going is my Christian faith, girlfriend and family.

2 Likes

I just want to Vent my problem so that i dont feel so alone. I have a hard time getting hope fore my future. I have so many Dreams when i was younger and in better days i still have this dreams. But i have very little hope they will come true. I had dreams of a family of my own. But it seems so far away Wright Know. Its really feels so extremly sad. I dont feel like i have anything to looking foreward to.

I feel that my symtom isent getting any better and im really one of the worst cases. I have a good family and friends but Know body really understand how extrem i have been hit by this drug. I also have a faith in good and that he has a plan for me. But i dont really feel it for the moment.

Some Times’ i could accept what happend to me but sometimes i really cant handel it and just want to dissapear. When i have my good moment i understand that life is full of tragedies and have always been like This in the historie. its only the last decades in the westen world that we have been thinking that life is easy and without pain and suffering.

For me Its feels little better if i compare my life with someone who have it worse even if i dont really think thats ideel to do.

Ok sorry for my bad english i just wanted to get out little of my frustration to people that understand me. I pray that every one of us will get stronger and that we will get the support we need! I Thank you that this forum help me not feel so alone.

1 Like

Wow you are suffering for a long time. Did you try any treatments in between your posts? I hope you find some relief soon

Yes i have try different herbs and vitamins to get my body going again and made a bunch of test. I also tryed getting my food as healthy as possible. Unfortunely nothing have really helped me. I have just send in a claim to the the drug insurance in Sweden. We have a system that you could get money even if you dont got to court. But money is the least of my problem for now.

Thanks for replaying

Hi @Patrik82,

So you suffer for about 4 years. I am now 1 year after first symptoms. First i was realy convenient that i was on the way to recover, but the mental sides are not getting realx better. How are your mental sides involving, did they got better or worse over time? The mental sides and gut problems are my symptoms.

Have a good day.
z.

My anxety it lower. I had time that i couldent be alone before. Its was really awful. For the moment i dont feel depressed but the risk of me ending thare is big but i cant let it happen to me! Have a Nice day to

1 Like