my story

first of all, i did not use propecia or finasteride. but some how i have the similar symptomps of propecia users.
when i came back from army, i had lost lots of weight. i didnt eat quality foods in army.
i decided to go to gym and add muscle mass. i started workouts, and change my diet. i was eating lots of chicken, red meat and fish, also veggies, and fruits. there was no problem.
but later, i started to take alpha lipoic acid and l-arginine. after a few days, my penis became rubbery, i had soft erections. i could not get the tip of my penis hard. my erections were like a balloon, the erect penis could be bent and the head was soft.
it’s been 3 months since i quit alpha lipoic acid and l-arginine. im trying to get better

1 Like

hi,

maybe you find some useful information in this forum:
recover.forumup.org/index.php?mforum=recover

Since you haven’t used any finasterid you symptoms might have some different underlying causes than we face here.
However, I would go get some blood tests done first. maybe something obvious is wrong regarding stress levels or hormone profiles.
keep us updated on your process.
the more information the better.

Good luck

@Wlan, my friend, I’ll explain what happened. Unfortunately we are in the same boat.
Alpha lipoic acid blocks androgen receptors just like Finesteride!

“A group of α-lipoic acid N-phenylamides were synthesized employing a variety of amide coupling protocols utilizing electron deficient anilines. These compounds were then assessed for their ability to block androgen-stimulated proliferation of a human prostate cancer cell line, LNCaP. These structurally simple compounds displayed anti-proliferative activities at, typically, 5-20 μM concentrations and were comparable to a commonly used anti-androgen Bicalutamide®. The inclusion of a disulfide (RS-SR) moiety, serving as an anchor to several metal nanoparticle systems (Au, Ag, Fe(2)O(3), etc.), does not impede any biological activity. Conjugation of these compounds to a gold nanoparticle surface resulted in a high degree of cellular toxicity, attributed to the absence of a biocompatible group such as PEG within the organic scaffold.” (A comparative assessment of α-lipoic acid N-phenylamides as non-steroidal androgen receptor antagonists both on and off gold nanoparticles. LC Henderson, JM Altimari, G Dyson, L Servinis, B Niranjan and GP Risbridger, Bioorganic chemistry, Feb 2012 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22196975)

1 Like

hey mate!

In summer of 2016 I decided to change my diet, and get really lean. I was eating a bunch of vegetables. (I wasn’t necessarily vegetarian as I was still eating the odd piece of meat here and there" however my diet consisted mostly of oatmeal, vegetables, and black coffee. I lost so much weight and got a six pack for the first time in my life. I was also doing loads of cardio everyday, (2-3 hours worth) and working 10 hours a day on a construction site as a laborer. Within 2-3 months I CRASHED.

I was acting weird, and felt off but it took me 5-6 months to realize my symptoms:

-COMPLETE loss of libido
-genitals numb like rubber
-anorgasmia, low semen volume and force
-SUPER TIGHT and HIGH SCROTUM!!
-Strange armpit odor that I cant get rid of
-Stress Incontinence
-Nerves in legs feel inflamed

I never took finasteride/propecia, accutane or ssri either. I have seen 10-12 various doctors with 0 answers.

total t varies from 450-650’s (250-850)
dht is low 176 (350-850)
e2 is low

dheas, uric acid, albumin, ggt, alt, billirubin, creatine all elevated

Hi joey10, have you found anything that improves the scrotum?