My story - yes, it was messy and yes, I am fine now

Thanks for posting and I’m glad you recovered. I do think it’s possible you just had a natural recovery, or sped up a natural recovery with your regimen. But it’s still good for people to see this- particularly those who just recently have been affected.

Could you post with the new member template?

Hard to tell if OP is suffering the same persistant condition as many of us have. I’ve yet to see anyone with the extreme overnight penile shrinkage alot of us had recover yet.

It really happened almost over night as soon as I started the regimen without ANY progress before whatsoever. Maybe it’s natural, I’m no MD… but I’d be really surprised

To add to my post:

Sexual
[X] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[X] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[X] Loss of Morning Erections
[X] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[X] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[X] Watery Ejaculate
[X] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[X] Memory Loss / Forgetfullness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[ ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ ] Depression / Melancholy

Physical
[X] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[X] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[X] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

1. What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?

tried EVERYTHING from natural supplements (vitamins, oils, zinc,…everything you can think of), most Test boosters on the market from bodybuilding.com, Chlomid, Triptorelin,… nothing worked

1. If you have pre or post-Finasteride bloodtests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (pls post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?

I can’t upload screenshots for some reason but I had very low total test, very low total estrogen, but high estradiol. everything else was more or less within range.

1. Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience with Finasteride?

2. Tell us your story, in your own words, about your Finasteride usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

see original post

oh look here comes spstriken’s FAKE RECOVERY IF I DON’T RECOVER NOBODY ELSE COULD HAVE post that he makes in every single recovery thread

holy shit you guys are paranoid

Prob just sick of the bullshit. If he responds might believe it :slight_smile:

Not as bogus as the guy who told me he recovered through his “faith in god” at least.

One Guy told me he recovered after taking Saw Palmetto. Do you wana believe that too?

Right and clearly because one person claimed a recovery that seems unlikely the logical conclusion is that everybody who claims recovery is automatically lying.

@Taca - Calling someone paranoid for asking questions of a first time poster claiming recovery for a condition which for 10 years to date there has not been one solid documented recovery shows an almost immeasurable degree of naïveté on your part. It doesn’t take too much thought to realize there are parties involved now who have serious reason to try to shed doubt on the fact the PFS is a permanent condition.

@mutlispeed27-- Thanks for filling out your member story template. I’m glad you’re feeling better and I look forward to getting to know you better and learning what we can from your experience.

I was referring to the accusation of “copied quote from my profile” part on the basis of describing a similar symptom with roughly the same sentence structure. Not questioning of the recovery itself.

But yeah at the same time the whole MERCK REP thing that pops up is pretty paranoid. And accusing people who posts recoveries of being them strikes me as a mixture of bitterness and disbelief about 90% of the time.

Hi multispeed, congrats on your recovery. I was just wondering- Am I correct to assume you ordered the “stimulant free” variety of blue up? I only ask because the link you posted is to the stimulant containing version and you said you took it at bedtime.

I think it may depend on that individuals own body.

I havn’t met anyone on this forum in two years who would be bitter about another member’s “recovery”. Quite the opposite. By the same token I’ve never witnessed a documented recovery backed up with labs, doctors notes, etc. Believeing without question every word you see on the internet is pretty naive. In the meantime what I said about OP stands… I look forward to hearing more from him and I’m glad he’s feeling better.

ps-- You know who visits this forum daily. Not paranoia, fact.

What are we talking about here? " Believeing without question every word you see on the internet" or “Every recovery is fake?” which you are angling towards?

And here it is again: the idea that Merck reps posts fake recoveries. Even though it makes absolutely no sense because posting fake recoveries by relatively benign PFS sufferers a few times a year achieves absolutely nothing for Merck.

Yes Merck, billion dollar company’s tactic of choice to delegitimatize PFS is to post fake recoveries once every few month on a message board.

That post was so painful I literally cringed reading it. It makes “no sense” to you. I’d guess alot of things “don’t make sense” to you. You know who will attempt to delegitimatise PFS and all of us here with any and all means possible. All they need to do is cast doubt on our story. That seems fairly simple to understand yet somehow that escapes you. Go figure.

If you choose to believe everything you read on the internet without question or verification please be my guest but it makes the rest of us look foolish and naive by association.

to be honest, i believe strongly that merck creeps around this site and will try twist and turn things to cover their crimes… just an opinion

It doesn’t do much to “cast doubt on our story”, because all it does is make PFS go from permanent medical condition with little hope of recovery from to permanent medical condition with little hope of recovery from, in this particular case on symptoms Merck have already being forced to admit are persistent anyway. I have no idea why you have trouble comprehending this, Merck is an evil corporation, but posting fake recoveries simply doesn’t do anything to advance their agenda.

Yes, such as the idea Merck posts fake recoveries on these boards and this recovery in particular is probably a Merck plant, let’s accept THAT ONE without verification or question though.

my question would be why would a natural testosterone booster cure PFS if majority of us already have normal test levels?