My Story - Yellow99 PSSD

Welcome to our community. Please fill in the following template as a way of introducing yourself, and helping others to understand your background and situation.

Where are you from (country)?

Austria

How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)

PSSDforum

What is your current age, height, weight?

24, 1,70m, 54kg

What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)?

Citalopram

What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?

20mg once a day

What condition was being treated with the drug?

For better sleep (I have narcolepsy)

For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)?

5 days

How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start the drug?

24, 19.12.2018

How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit?

24 23.12.2018

How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?

Cold turkey

How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects?

5th day

What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[X] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[X] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[ ] Loss of Morning Erections
[X] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[X] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[ ] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[ ] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[X] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[X] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[X] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ ] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[X] Clitoral Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[X] Clitoral curvature / rotation on axis
[X] Testicular Pain
[X] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[X] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[X] Muscle Wastage
[X] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[X] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[X] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[X] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[X] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[X] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?

Tried bethanechol (didn’t help)
Taking L-Arginine as a Supplement (helps a little bit with shrinkage, pain and clitoral erections)

If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?

Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience?

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

Short version: never had any sexual problems, actually I was very sexual since I was a child. At 24 years old I took Seropram (also known as Citalopram) to treat my narcolepsy for only 5 days. On the 3rd day I already noticed less libido and on the 5th day I had such bad genital numbness that I stopped taking the drug. Had horrible withdrawal (I don’t know if you can call it like that after 5 pills but I thought I was going to die) couldn’t sleep for 2 weeks, diarrhea, tremor, burning feeling in my legs, I was shaking, feeling cold, derealization, suicidal thoughts because of all of this and of course the sexual dysfunction that didn’t went away until today (6 months later).

1 Like

This is the same than for me with finasteride. So…it is clesr than we are not talking about hormonal imabalance but neurotransmissors, isn’t it???

Wow, thanks for sharing your story. It’s amazing how many physical symptoms you share with people here. Women are a smaller group here but with time we hope to redress that.

Welcome, please stick around.

SSRI are also strong antiandrogens

Really? Is there any study?

yeah there’s plenty of them