My story with interesting marijuana / cannabis story

Where are you from (country)?
USA

What is your current age, height, weight?
25, 5 11, 190

What specific drug did you use (finasteride, dutasteride, saw palmetto, isotretinoin/Accutane, fluoxetine, sertraline, citalopram, leuprorelin, etc…)?
Fin

What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)?
1mg/day

What condition was being treated with the drug?
Mpb

For how long did you take the drug (weeks/months/years)?
2 weeks

How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start the drug?

How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)?
Cold

How long into your usage did you notice the onset of side effects?
Day one

What side effects did you experience that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?
Only experienced insomnia on fin, everything else came after I quit.

Check the boxes that apply. You can save your post first, then interactively check/uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. If your symptoms change, please update your list.

Sexual
[X ] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[ X] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[ X] Loss of Morning Erections
[X ] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ X] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[ ] Watery Ejaculate
[ XX] Reduced Ejaculate
[ ] Inability or Difficulty to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ X] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ X] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[ X] Memory Loss / Forgetfulness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[ X] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ ] Severe Depression / Melancholy
[ X] Suicidal Thoughts

Physical
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ X] Testicular Pain
[ X] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ X] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ X] Weight Gain
[X ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[X ] Muscle Wastage
[ X] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[ X] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ X] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ X] Tinnitus (ringing or high pitched sound in ears)
[ ] Hearing loss
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?
None

If you have pre or post-drug blood tests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (please post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?
Sperm analysis said everything ok with barely acceptable volume

Tell us your story, in your own words, about your usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.

Was Oct 2017 when I started. Immediately came severe insomnia. Also I enjoyed a strong sensation of heightened test during this time.
Couldn’t take the insomnia so I quit after two weeks.
One week after quitting came the CRASH.
Terrifying, numb member, frequent urination, dropped in ocean of anxiety, brainfog.
Surprisingly enough after about a month everything seemed to come back to normal, I’d say 85%+ back to normal.
But then came a second CRASH after I was smoking a vape pen, I felt something shut off in my head. It was terrifying, I got dizzy and that was the day I lost the ability to feel pleasure.
Now a year later I have low volume, brain fog(the worst symptom for me), occasional ed, and blunted pleasure emotion.

Been droning through life, I feel like I already died the day I crashed, wouldn’t care if I died today.

Interesting incident
Before fin I was a huge pothead, quit smoking after I crashed simply because of fear. Yesterday I picked up some for the first time in almost a year. They gave me a free dab right there on the spot(a dab is a very potent weed concentrate). I got absolutely blasted from it. Very high. I left the weed dispensary, my friend was driving, and all of a sudden I felt a burning sensation in my head/brain, reminiscent of when I first crashed. Well it was different let me tell you, it was as if my andreneline had been kicked on the first time in a year. I felt an intensity, basically hyperventilating. I was absolutely terrified of what was happening, but at the same time I thought, wow, it’s as if the fog has been lifted. I had that sharpness to life again, that focus, ability to think deep. Havent felt that way for even a second since I crashed a year ago. I told my friend I was freaking out and to just get me home. When I got home I was nervous because my penis felt number than usual, but when i touched it it felt ok. That night i felt a tiredness that was nice. Not exhausted, but very sleepy like the old days.

The next day, today, I feel much better.
Brainfog still but there is still some sharpness. I feel much better than I did two days ago, most definitely.
I can think deeper, clearer. Although libido seems slightly lower.
I don’t know if I will try that again.
I predict this good feeling will go away, as a common story I read here that when people drink, my self included, symptoms lessen for about a week only to revert to baseline.
I will update if anyone is interested.
Sorry for long story but wanted to share with someone who wouldn’t think I was nuts.

2 Likes

I get the same effect from marijuana. I tried this last year in November with a vape pen and immediately felt hornier and more relaxed than usual. My entire dermis completely changed texture. Immediately had great sex with my girlfriend. Within 48hrs I reverted back to baseline with no worsening.

Wanted to update on my status. I seem to have triggered something because I episodically go through what happened when I smoked a dab over a month ago.
The intense adrenaline feeling in my head will come at about once a week. Sometimes with a migraine. It comes in waves and will eventually go away. The next day I always feel very sharp.
My brain fog seems to have been permanently improved. Do I still feel very foggy at times? Absolutely, but I definitely got an “edge” back in my head. I seem to have regained some function as I can always think clearer and more critically than before where I would be lost in thick fog.
Same with my energy levels. Sometimes I still do feel very exhausted all day but it doesn’t seem as severe as before.
I want to get back into exercising as I think that would help even more. Only reason I haven’t is because I’ve been very busy with school.
My major involves lots of math and physics so actually have a pretty good gauge on my mental clarity and I can say with certainty it has improved.
Well, I can’t recommend anyone try smoking a dab to see what happens yet, will report back in another month or so.

1 Like

Been kind of a lame month symptom wise. I am probably back to base line and I’m thinking any permanent improvements I currently feel are because it’s been a year since I’ve crashed and was going to improve anyway. I still get random hints of a migraine that I fight off successfully with coffee, and then feel slightly better than baseline. Curious to try marijuana again, but I’m afraid to lose any gains I’ve had these past couple months.

Also I’ve gained a tremendous amount of weight this past year. I think I’m at 220 from around 180. In response I decided to buy a bike to get some exercise and long story short I went on a long bike ride last night when it was chilly with shorts on and a jacket, came home and went to bed and could not get my legs warm for the life of me. I wrapped myself in 3 blankets (I usually use one) and closed all windrows and an hour later my legs were still cold! Made zero sense to me. And today I felt more foggy than usual and am slightly afraid to ride again. This sound familiar to anyone?

1 Like

Update
Wanted to update on my condition. I finally transferred to university in August. I bike to class 5 days a week about 7 miles a day. This has helped every aspect of my condition, including losing some weight. Down from 235 to 215 (was 170 prefin). I stopped working out after I crashed 2 years ago because I was afraid of making things worse. I was an excellent climber. Climbed for 5 years before fin. I finally decided to try it again at my school’s gym and honestly, it made me feel like shit. I actually felt good for about an hour, but then felt much more foggy and irritable than usual. Hopefully this reaction doesn’t last. Going to keep climbing every Sunday and see what happens.

Symptoms

Brain fog:
Somedays it’s good some days it’s horrendous. Weed makes me feel worse, which is sad because it used to make life so much more enjoyable. Even simple magnesium at night will provoke it and cause sleeplessness. Decided to avoid any and all supplements/drugs.

Penile sensitivity:
My initial crash it was severe but luckily came back rather quickly and has stayed good.

Ejaculate volume:
I think this has actually improved marginally from my initial state. Still not what it used to be but hey at least it is still in normal range.

Tinnitus:
Comes and goes, usually when the brain fog is bad, the tinnitus is bad. Never lasts more than 24 hours.

Those were my biggest symptoms, would trade my penis for the mental state to go away, but I guess the grass is always greener. Stay strong brothers, I hope everyone is holding up ok.

3 Likes

cannabis decreases DHT in the brain this is what I read here and you should do more research.
about your recoveries exercise is good and I had improvements after exercising. heavy cardio exercise I think some of the symptoms are caused by adrenal gland fear/exercise stimulates the adrenal gland and recovery is triggered temporarily. just my theory don’t stop exercise and good clean diet.