My story - some 36yo guy in NYC

COPY AND PASTE THE FOLLOWING INTO YOUR OWN POST, then answer the questions.

1. Where are you from (country)? I’m from Brazil.

2. How did you find this forum (Google search – if so, what search terms? Via link from a forum or website – if so, what page? Other?)
    I’ve been searching for a cure to EA since the dawn of humanity.

3. What is your current age, height, weight? 36yo, 1.75m, 67kg

4. Do you excercise regularly? If so, what type of excercise? Yes, work out since 2000.

5. What type of diet do you eat (vegetarian, meat eater, raw, fast-food/organic healthy)? I eat everything, but little fast/junk food.

6. Why did you take Finasteride (hair loss, BPH, other)? Hair loss, biggest mistake of my life.

7. For how long did you take Finasteride (weeks/months/years)? 3 years, if not mistaken.

8. How old were you, and WHEN (date) did you start Finasteride? I think around 2000, I was about 24yo.

9. How old were you when you quit, and WHEN (date) did you quit? 27yo, around 2003 I think.

10. How did you quit (cold turkey or taper off)? cold turkey.

11. What type of Finasteride did you use – Propecia, Proscar, Fincar or other generic? Propecia.

12. What dose did you take (eg. 1 mg/day, 1 mg every other day etc.)? 1mg/day

13. How long into your use of Finasteride did you notice the onset of side effects? I was so distracted and so
    stupid that I didn’t notice any side effects apart from the sexual decaying.

14. What side effects did you experience while on the drug that have yet to resolve since discontinuation?
    Poor orgasms.

Put an X beside all that apply:

Sexual
[x ] Loss of Libido / Sex Drive
[ ] Erectile Dysfunction
[ ] Complete Impotence
[ ] Loss of Morning Erections
[ ] Loss of Spontaneous Erections
[ ] Loss of Nocturnal Erections
[x ] Watery Ejaculate
[x ] Reduced Ejaculate
[x ] Inability to Ejaculate / Orgasm
[ ] Reduced Sperm Count / Motility

Mental
[ ] Emotional Blunting / Emotionally Flat
[ ] Difficulty Focusing / Concentrating
[ ] Confusion
[ ] Memory Loss / Forgetfullness
[ ] Stumbling over Words / Losing Train of Thought
[ ] Slurring of Speech
[ ] Lack of Motivation / Feeling Passive / Complacency
[ ] Extreme Anxiety / Panic Attacks
[ ] Depression / Melancholy

Physical
[ ] Penile Tissue Changes (narrowing, shrinkage, wrinkled)
[ ] Penis curvature / rotation on axis
[ ] Testicular Pain
[ ] Testicular Shrinkage / Loss of Fullness
[ ] Genital numbness / sensitivity decrease
[ ] Weight Gain
[ ] Gynecomastia (male breasts)
[ ] Muscle Wastage
[ ] Muscle Weakness
[ ] Joint Pain
[ ] Dry / Dark Circles under eyes

Misc
[ ] Prostate pain
[ ] Persistent Fatigue / Exhaustion
[ ] Stomach Pains / Digestion Problems
[ ] Constipation / “Poo Pellets”
[ ] Vision - Acuity Decrease / Blurriness
[ ] Increased hair loss
[ ] Frequent urination
[ ] Lowered body temperature

[ ] Other (please explain)

1. What (if any) treatments have you undertaken to recover from your side effects since discontinuation of the drug?
    I’ve bee experimenting with everything possible trying to restore my ability to experience orgasms.
    For me I have periods where I can have great orgasms, but they last very little. It’s on and off all the time, mostly off.
    I’m also very sensitive to most gym supplements and products that block DHT, such as saw Palmetto, Minoxidil,
    anything for hair loss seem to have an impact. I also believe that some gym stuff, like Monster Stack will make me incapable to even ejaculate, let alone have orgasm.

2. If you have pre or post-Finasteride bloodtests, what hormonal changes have you encountered since discontinuing the drug (pls post your test results in the “Blood Tests” section and link to them in your post)?
    I have done blood tests, most fall into the normal range, but below the lower thresholds.

3. Anything not listed in the above questions you’d like to share about your experience with Finasteride?
    I deeply regret having taken it, the hair gain is not the best, but the health loss is forever.

4. Tell us your story, in your own words, about your Finasteride usage and side effects experienced while on/off the drug.
    Well, that’s been summarized above.

Hi, I decided to post a compilation of all the stuff I have used in the past with indications
on what worked for me, what didn’t, and whether I’ve used something or want to use something.

It’s very interesting, pay attention. My libido is not totally dead, at times it comes back, though unfortunately
as of I late it has been awful.

Product Did I use Did it work? Did I throw it out? Description
5-HTP Y N
Acetyl-L-Carnitine Y N
Adderall N n/a Amphetamine, incredible orgasms, but it can cause insomnia
Alpha Lipoic Acid Y N
Arimedex Y Y Did work for about 3 weeks, great orgasms and libido, wears off
Arimidex Y N Strong anti-aromatase used to treat cancer patients
Broccoli treatment N n/a
Bupropion Y Y Y Seems to work, orgasms aren’t great, but improves libido. Don’t know how long it works. It makes you totally sleepless.
Catuaba N n/a
Cabergoline N n/a Dopamine agonist
Chinese Royal Jelly+Jinseng in bottles Y N
Choline Y N
Chrysin N n/a Weak anti-estrogen
Cod Liver Oil Y N
D-Aspartic Acid Y N I don’t think it worked, but not sure. Test force 2 - e-pharm. I took it two times.
DHEA Y N Increases DHT, which is responsible for sexual drive
Diesel Test Hardcore N n/a 120 tabs
Ecklonia Cava Extract Y N Read online people claiming that it increased libido
Fresh Royal Jelly Y Y “Best thing I ever tried, effects lasted for 5 months, strong libido, great orgasms, but can wear off if used constantly, which I did for almost 6 months.
As of late, I noticed than on an ad hoc basis, when I take royal jelly I become horny, though orgasm won’t be necessarily great.
In first few months of use, orgasms would be great too.”
GABA (“Now” brand) Y Y Wears off shortly
GABA Plus Twinlab Y Y Wears off shortly
GHB N n/a Promising, illegal drug, treats insomnia, sleepiness, used as entertainment drug in clubs, increases libido and extrovertion
Ginkgo Biloba Y ? Works a bit for some time. Retrying this one.
Horny Goat Weed Y N More used for treating ED
Inositol Y ?
Lecithin Y N
L-Theanine Y N Can be a replacement to GABA
L-Tyrosine Y N
Maca Y N
Niacinamide Y ?
Nolvadex Y N Anti-estrogen, estimulates LH
Omega-3 Y N
Passion Rx with Yohimbe N n/a
Picamilon N n/a Picamilon is a combination of Niacin and GABA that is supposed to be able to pass the blood brain barrier.
Proviron N n/a Somebody said, “If you want to feel EXTRA horny, take proviron 50mg. but since its an androgen, NOT ADVISABLE!”
Pregnenolone Y N I used for a short time
Some Product for Thyroid Y N
Testosterone Gel Y N Y Didn’t seem to work for me, but I didn’t take it for long
Triazole N n/a Raises T, reduces estrogen
Tribulus Terristris Y N Works a bit for sometime (only libido, not orgasm)
Vitamin B6 underway n/a To reduce prolactin
Vitamin D Y ?
Vitamin E Y ?
Vitamin Complexo B Y N
Vitex N n/a Reduces prolactin. I threw it out due to side effects such as insomnia and nasal congestion, plus it’s the chaste berry
Yohimbine Y n/a 10mg seems to be the dosage. I threw it out, due to side effects such as insomnia and nasal congestion
Zeus Y N Increases sperm amount and libido a bit
Zinc Y N

My blood tests:

Test Value Lower limit Upper limit Unit date
Alanine Transaminase 35 12.0 49.0 U/L 04-Jun-09
Alkaline Phosphatase 64 45.0 129.0 U/L 04-Jun-09
Aspartate Transaminase 32 7.0 37.0 U/L 04-Jun-09
Cholesterol 5.49 mmol/L 04-Jun-09
Creatinine 92 62.0 115.0 umol/L 04-Jun-09
DHT 2289 860.0 3406.0 pmol/L 05-Aug-10
eGFR 82 60.0 89.0 mL/min/1.73m^2 04-Jun-09
Glucose-fasting 5.1 3.6 6.0 mmol/L 04-Jun-09
HDL Cholesterol 1.2 mmol/L 04-Jun-09
LDL Cholesterol 3.73 mmol/L 04-Jun-09
LH (Lutropin) 5 2.0 6.0 IU/L 04-Jun-09
Prolactin 12.1 2.6 13.1 ug/L 05-Aug-10
Prolactin 11.2 2.6 13.1 ug/L 19-Aug-10
Prolactin Total 10 2.0 18.0 ug/L 04-Jun-09
T3 free 5.1 2.9 6.0 Pmol/L 05-Aug-10
T4 free 13.9 7.2 21.0 Pmol/L 05-Aug-10
Testosterone 24.9 8.4 28.7 nmol/L 04-Jun-09
Testosterone 15.5 6.0 27.0 nmol/L 05-Aug-10
Testosterone free 37.6 31.0 94.0 PMOL/L 04-Jun-09
Testosterone free 47.9 15.6 146.0 PMOL/L 05-Aug-10
Triglycerides 1.24 mmol/L 04-Jun-09
TSH 1.04 0.3 4.7 MU/L 27-Jan-10
TSH 0.89 0.3 5.6 MU/L 05-Aug-10
TSH sensitive 1.19 0.4 5.0 mIU/L 04-Jun-09
TSH sensitive 0.98 0.3 4.7 MU/L 19-Aug-10

1 Like

wondering if you have made any progress over the years. I’m in NYC too. About 2 months into PFS. I’m now experiencing insomnia and trying to figure out a good plan of action.

1 Like

Yes, fresh royal jelly is what works best for me. The natural type (not pills, not capsules), you have to keep it in your mouth as long as possible.
Also, sex in the morning is usually better, because T levels drop all through the day, and are lower at night.
Also, if you’re not even horny, of course your orgasm won’t be good, you have to read the sings, great libido usually correlates with great orgasms.

Another thing that seems to work for me is eating peanuts, it has a lot of Zinc. I even thought I might be cured, I was wondering why I was so horny, then I remembered I had eaten a lot of peanuts. Another good supplement I discovered is Andro-T.

Then, orgasms after I’m rested in the morning are great, with some great videos in x-videos.
Also, psychological arousal is key, usually I’m very turned on my transgressive sex, so these are the kind of videos I look for, LOL (dark skinned people, golden shower – not brown shower, that’s gross beyond imagination, I deprecate it, being submissive in bed, humiliation (such as being called f*g Lol, etc.)
Normalcy sex is not transgression, so that doesn’t arouse me.
But those are just my types, hope that helps.