My story, nickname Correiovip

Scared to death:
I don´t drink alchool anymore.

Thanks for all the replies.
I just noticed it is missing on this thread that i took prednisone. About two years ago i started having allergic reactions to some foods: Shrimp, bananas, almonds, peanuts, grapes. I had never had this in my life, as i used to have only respiratory allergies. But somehow my allergic pattern changed and after i ate some foods i got inflammation on my lungs (just like asthma). My doctor prescribed then Prednisone 20 mg every 12 hours for five days. Unfortunately, i didnt know back then all the foods i became allergic to after propecia, so this situation ocurred many times. So i would eat shrimp for example, have the reaction, and take Prednisone for five days. Then i cut shrimp from my diet. A month or so later, i would eat something else and get the same reaction. So i had to take prednisone again.
To get to a point of not eating anything allergic to me, i had to take Prednisone many times. Never for more than five days. Prednisone is a immunosuppressant drug:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prednisone
I believe many of us develped some kind of excessive immune response after propecia.
So obviuously this medication influenced on my recovery.

Something else that helped is that i had to take Omeprazol daily to treat gastric acid reflux. It worsened my depression at the time, so i stopped after a month or two (i can t remember). But i felt having to break down this medication daily jump started my liver somehow. It is right after i took the omeprazol that i started to lose weight.

I don’t use Prednisone or Omeprazol anymore. I still eat naturally, just avoid the foods i had allergic reactions to.

Very interesting.

m_81:

Sorry, i think i gave you the wrong information about Prednisone:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prednisone
It only supresses your adrenals if you take it longer than 7 days. And that is dangerous. It supresses your Immune system temporarily, that is what happened to me. The dose and lenght of treatment i had are the standard procedure to treat allergic reactions.

My prednisone dose is

40mg 7 days
30mg 7 days
20mg 7 days
10mg 7 days

I start the 10mg week tomorrow. To date it has made me feel a bit worse, especially on the high dose.

correiovip, first of all, congratulations on your constant improvement!! I’m genuinely happy for you!
I’m pretty sure that that dose of Prednisone corresponds to a much much higher level of cortisol than the one that you would produce naturally in a day. When you take that dose, your ACTH go to 0, and your adrenal glands stop working (exactly in the same way of your testicles if you take a high dose of exogenous T). Doctors suggest not to take prednisone for a long time, otherwise your adrenal glands will never wake up anymore – or their awaking will be a hard and long process. But shutting them down for 5 days is not dangerous.

Thanks, m_81!!!

Corrie, did you not drink alcohol at all during your recovery years?

Just to clarify: you can now enjoy sex pretty much anytime? and a few times in day?

would you give update about your prednisone experiment?

Hey man your story is great. We have similar bloodwork with my T hovering around 460 or so
Did you suffer from ED and just a shrunken penis in general for a long time also in addition to low libido and depression? The depression can be very strong even life threatening at times but I’ve persevered so far and things have slowly improved for instance I have nocturnal erections nightly now! Semen is still hit miss. Anyway we’re these things you experienced on your way to recovery? I took propeciahelp for six years and have been off for one year now and I don’t want to have to take hrt for life

Any insight would be great
Thanks
Dave

I think correivop just mentione din another thread “why should i live?” that he is not feeling very well at all. This after feeling much better for an extended period of time. Hope he feels better.

@ correiovip what is your vasopressin level?